Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGameballs and Goats vs. Colts Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts

Go down 
+8
El-Gonzo Jackson
Atlanta Dan
Rick5895
solardave
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
Steeler-in-west
stlrtruck
12 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts Empty
PostSubject: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Let 'er rip, tater chip

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Gameballs:
Ben
Brown
Bell
O-line
Defense front 4

Goats:
Linebackers and DBs for lazy coverage on 3rd and 4th downs
Special Teams for allowing the fake punt

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Game ball: Killer B's and special mention to Hargrave

Goat: cockrell -sort of
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 1:23 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Gameballs:
Ben
Brown
Bell
O-line
Defense front 4

Goats:

Pretty well sums up my Gameballs and Goats as well. Spot on. Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts 1647293567

Only person I'd add is Mike Mitchell as a gameball. He was imposing his will on the Colts. He sent TY Hilton into an alternate universe, belted and punished Tolzien when they were on the goal line, broke up a possible TD catch in the endzone, upended a tight end, and picked off a pass. One of the best games I think I've seen from him as a Steeler. Not to mention he mocked McAfee's stupid strut celebration when the Colts failed to score a TD on 4th and Goal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 2:36 am

Game Balls to the two goal line stands, Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts 2185032793

Ben Brown Bell

not bad defense with 3 rookie starters,
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 7:38 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Gameballs:
Ben
Brown
Bell
O-line
Defense front 4

Goats:

This list works for me.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 8:41 am

Gameballs
Ben, Bell , Brown, O Line, D Line Defense as a whole

Goats
Special teams, how the heck can you not see there was going to be a fake at that time of game and 2 long returns against

I'm not going to call the DB's and LB's lazy in coverage. When you bring the pressure we did there will be holes in the D at times. As this YOUNG team gets better those coverage lapses will lessen
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 10:06 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Gameballs:
Ben
Brown
Bell
O-line
Defense front 4

Goats:

In addition to getting gameballs,  Bell & Brown also goats for the latest idiotic celebration penalty, which set up the long kickoff return

It is the height of arrogance for this nonsense to continue, but Tomlin clearly is incapable or perhaps indifferent to stopping it, so Tomlin is a goat for not ending it
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 11:03 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Gameballs:
Ben
Brown
Bell
O-line
Defense front 4

Goats:

In addition to getting gameballs,  Bell & Brown also goats for the latest idiotic celebration penalty, which set up the long kickoff return

It is the height of arrogance for this nonsense to continue, but Tomlin clearly is incapable or perhaps indifferent to stopping it, so Tomlin is a goat for not ending it

I agree that they should not put the team in a hole with needless penalties, but on the other hand this habit of penalizing players 15 yards for a TD celebration is getting pretty tired NFL (No Fun League) policy. I hope the drop in ratings is what pushes Goodell out the door. Todays NFL is becoming a weekly embarrassment of hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 11:08 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Gameballs:
Ben
Brown
Bell
O-line
Defense front 4

Goats:

Stopping it would squash his reputation as a "player's coach."  

You know, the kind you can take advantage of.

Somewhere, the Emperor is shaking his head in disbelief and disgust.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 11:13 am

Game balls:

Ben, Bell, Brown, Hargrave, Mitchell.

Goats:

Third Down Defense (they just can not get off the field it seems.)
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 11:18 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

It comes down to the fact that the Steelers need to rush 5 or more on 3rd down to pressure the passer. If they could rush 4 and drop 7 in coverage, then they get off the field more.

A 38 year old is the leading pass rusher and the former 1st round pick at ROLB has 0 sacks this season. Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 11:35 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

It comes down to the fact that the Steelers need to rush 5 or more on 3rd down to pressure the passer.  If they could rush 4 and drop 7 in coverage, then they get off the field more.  
B
A 38 year old is the leading pass rusher and the former 1st round pick at ROLB has 0 sacks this season. Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts 1505004552

Yup... Jarvis BUST Jones and Bud OFTEN INJURED Dupree are really hurting this teams potential. For a team that builds success through the draft missing on Jones really cost this team tremendously.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 12:28 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

It comes down to the fact that the Steelers need to rush 5 or more on 3rd down to pressure the passer.  If they could rush 4 and drop 7 in coverage, then they get off the field more.  
B

Yup... Jarvis BUST Jones and Bud OFTEN INJURED Dupree are really hurting this teams potential. For a team that builds success through the draft missing on Jones really cost this team tremendously.

I wonder how much of it is Jones being unable to learn or Porter unable to teach a guy that clearly needs teaching.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 2:23 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Gameballs:
Ben
Brown
Bell
O-line
Defense front 4

Goats:

Stopping it would squash his reputation as a "player's coach."  

You know, the kind you can take advantage of.

Somewhere, the Emperor is shaking his head in disbelief and disgust.

just goes to show you its more about me the player wanting camera time knowing its going to cost his team 15 yards and put his teammates at a disadvantage on the next kickoff and maybe the defense.

great return can change momentum of a game just waiting for a Brown celebration penalty late in a game that cost his Steelers teammates a game.

Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 3:39 pm

On the one hand I just want to be thankful for a road win on a short week, and that the bell,Ben,brown combo looked back to superstar form.....

But then you look at all the players who were or went down for that game on the colts....and wonder if we are making legit improvement or if this is just a mirage.

This has to be one of the worst teams in history at forcing 3 and outs....paired with giving up an absurd rate of 3rd and longs.

I really hope it's a sign of better things to come...but I remain unconvinced....which is probably what we want people to be saying about the steelers considering they always crap themselves when they get a lot of praise.

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

B

I wonder how much of it is Jones being unable to learn or Porter unable to teach a guy that clearly needs teaching.

Porter cant teach Jones to be quicker. He can teach him how to use his hands to get the OT hands off him, but I think he just doesnt have the quickness to get by an OT. Conversely, I am impressed by Chickillo's quickness and active hands, but he looks like he just needs to get a bit stronger.

Missing in the draft on Jones, trading up for Shamarko and wasting the Dri Archer pick, were all painful.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 9:56 pm

^thanks for the insight. i guess 'sac man' jones looked good feasting on lesser/slower competition in college. Anyway, Harrison is saving this teams butt on D. They should retire his jersey when he hangs em up.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 10:05 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
^thanks for the insight. i guess 'sac man' jones looked good feasting on lesser/slower competition in college. Anyway, Harrison is saving this teams butt on D. They should retire his jersey when he hangs em up.

His sacks in college were really unimpressive

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 9:43 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:

Yeah, like Schillah says, his college sacks were rather unimpressive, as many were not due to beating the OT with good technique and quickness, but rather a relentless hustle to get to QB's who held onto the football for 5 seconds or more. I said when he was drafted that his tape looked a lot like Bruce Davis and not much like Von Miller.

As for Green, I hope he lives up to the potential but he sure doesn't look like a guy that ran 4.53 at the NFL Combine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts   Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameballs and Goats vs. Colts
Page 1 of 1