Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePro Bowl Picks 2016 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pro Bowl Picks 2016

Go down 
+4
El-Gonzo Jackson
kan_t
FrancoLambert
jak341
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Pro Bowl Picks 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Ben, Bell, Brown, Pouncey, and DeCastro get the nod for Orlando. Possible snubs are Gilbert and Mitchell.

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:04 pm

All of our picks earned it.

No "reputation" picks.

Gilbert could be considered a mini-snub....not Mitchell IMO.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm glad that DeCastro is selected. Yes he had lots of penalties this season but it doesn't change the fact that he's one of the best RG in the game.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 11:36 pm

One could argue that Foster had a better year than Pouncey, but he doesn't have the reputation to get the pick.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 12:30 am

Would have liked to have seen someone from the defense get in. Maybe cam heyward.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 6:42 am

They all earned it. I can't honestly think of anyone on the defense who played well enough all season to win a spot.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 9:18 am

Sorry I know I will catch some shit about this but Ben doesn't belong in it this year. His passing has been pretty awful over all if you look at this years over all body of work. Lately he is over throwing even Green at 6'4" and leaving his receivers hanging out to dry. His play on the road has been pretty pathetic if you look at it critically without the fanboy rose colored glasses THIS YEAR.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 10:39 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Sorry I know I will catch some shit about this but Ben doesn't belong in it this year. His passing has been pretty awful over all if you look at this years over all body of work. Lately he is over throwing even Green at 6'4" and leaving his receivers hanging out to dry. His play on the road has been pretty pathetic if you look at it critically without the fanboy rose colored glasses THIS YEAR.

Actually, when you look at the quarterbacks in the AFC, who should make it over
Ben.

Flacco-no
Rivers-no
Alex Smith-no
Dalton-no

Brady, Carr, and Ben were the correct choices IMO.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 12:09 pm

And Luck - no

Ben is easily in the top 3 in the AFC. You could say Bryant's suspension contributed to Ben not being the clear cut best QB in the afc. He might have even been in the running for MVP. We really were missing a solid no 2 receiver to take the heat off AB and give Ben that second needed target.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 2:55 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Actually, when you look at the quarterbacks in the AFC, who should make it over
Ben.

Flacco-no
Rivers-no
Alex Smith-no
Dalton-no

Brady, Carr, and Ben were the correct choices IMO.

I suppose when you look at it like that you are correct. Still his performances are eradic at best and his red zone efficiency is terrible this year.

Last edited by SteelerFreak58 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 3:35 pm

I kind of agree with SteelerFreak's take. I don't think Ben had a Pro Bowl season this year. There were various reasons for his subpar season ... injuries to him and his receivers, poor play calling at times, to name just two.

Just for discussion, I'm curious as to why Ben is more deserving over someone like Luck. I can be persuaded otherwise, but right now I tend to agree with PFF's assessment ...

6 BIGGEST PRO BOWL SNUBS (AND THE PLAYERS THEY SHOULD REPLACE)

At the end of the day, the NFL Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Name recognition, draft status, and team success often times trump actual on-field performance. Unfortunately, Pro Bowl accolades still matter for contract negotiations and Hall of Fame candidacies, so let’s take a look at the top players to get the shaft this season—as well as whose spots they should be filling on the 2017 Pro Bowl roster.

Snub: Andrew Luck, QB, Colts

Should replace: Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers

Luck and Roethlisberger make for a great case study because they currently have the exact same number of passing attempts (476). It’s Luck, though, that has more yards and touchdowns with fewer interceptions. Even beyond that, Luck is having to do far more on his own. The Colts’ offensive line is 31st in pass-blocking efficiency this season, while the Steelers’ is third. 61.3 percent of Luck’s yards have come through the air, compared to 56.9 for Roethlisberger (meaning Pittsburgh receivers are doing more after the catch). Grade wise, it’s no comparison, as Luck is second overall in PFF’s system, while Roethlisberger is currently 18th for the 2016 season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-biggest-pro-bowl-snubs-and-the-players-they-should-replace/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 4:12 pm

I'm going to get down to basics here when I say Ben has engineered more wins than luck. Stats should not be the only factor in deciding who gets in. Ben's the leader of the offense and he's gotten the points when it counted most (TD's or getting us into FG range). Raking up TD's and yards in garbage time or catch up time where you still lose should not be weighed the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Bowl Picks 2016   Pro Bowl Picks 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Bowl Picks 2016
Page 1 of 1