Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeweek 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats

Go down 
+10
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
BlackAndGold
LambertWardSteel
IowaSteeler927
OX1947
Master_Of_Puppets
jak341
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
stlrtruck
14 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats Empty
PostSubject: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 10:21 pm

What a game, what a game.

Imagine if they actually played the entire game the way they played the last 12 minutes.

List your awards:

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 10:25 pm

Gameballs:
Ben: for his leadership in the 4th
Bell: doing it when we needed it most
O-line: for the 2nd half domination
Brown: getting the ball across the goal line
Boswell: When we needed it, he was solid
Avery: don't know this kid but had a huge catch late, and also the Pass Interference call he had along the sidelines
Bullock: Simply for making those FGs when we needed them for us, and shanking one against the Texans on Saturday. You can blame Hill for using the towel.

Goats:
Ben: 2 INTs almost gave the game away
O-line: first half, not opening up holes after the first drive

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 10:34 pm

Avery is Ayers. Our seventh rounder this year. That was his first catch all year but I recall another late round guy who bloomed late in his rookie year. Not saying he's the next AB but I won't be shocked if Ayers can contribute too.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Maybe I'm being overly critical, but there are more Goats than Gameballs tonight.

Gameballs

• Bell - great game all around.
  • Brown - with the stretch to win it.
  • Rodgers - that semi circus catch on the last drive.

Goats

• Ben - minus the last drive, he was awful. Missed passes, questionable decision making. This is 3 weeks in a row Ben is off.
  • Boswell - for the kicks out of bounds.
  • Coaching - why did it take until 12 left in the 4th quarter for any adjustments?
  • Lack of a 2nd WR - someone has got to step up.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:26 pm

hmmm..nobody is calling out the piss poor tackling ? i bet the ratbirds had an EXTRA hundred yards after contact...not to mention being punked by a 37 year old receiver ... week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552 week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 12:40 am

Tackling was the worst I had seen in a long time. And they haven't been that good this year already. However, they won, I dont care.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 1:10 am

Win is a win. Gameball team for overcoming adversity, taking some shots right on the chin, and following that up with a knockout punch to seal the deal and win the North.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 1:18 am

Gameball to the entire team for sending the rats home. The losing streak needed to be stopped...knocking them out of the playoffs only made it all the sweeter. Great job stepping up and covering for the missing guys on O and D, and the way they stood after being down 20-10 1 minute into the 4th, then driving down the field with a little over a minute to win the game.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 1:56 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Avery is Ayers. Our seventh rounder this year. That was his first catch all year but I recall another late round guy who bloomed late in his rookie year. Not saying he's the next AB but I won't be shocked if Ayers can contribute too.

Ayers showed he isn't scared to block. Was impressed.

The guy has talent, and one of the reasons why I'm comfortable with the WR core going forward and I don't believe one should be drafted high. If he had stayed another year at Houston, I truly felt he'd have gone as high as the 3rd round.

Brown, Bryant, Rogers, Coates, DHB, Cobi, Ayers...Please let this happen.

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 3:16 am

OX1947 wrote:
Tackling was the worst I had seen in a long time. And they haven't been that good this year already. However, they won, I dont care.

Agree. Was saying most of the game they were allowing too many yards after contact and missing tackles.

Fact is that the O line kept Ben clean when needed to, so he could make those throws and score 21 points in the 4th. Will be good to see playoff football again.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 8:19 am

Game Balls:

AB nice stretch
Bell for doing what needed
O-line for keeping Ben upright (so he can throw picks)

Goats:

Ben (2 picks ) He's now thrown half as many picks as TDs.
Boswell for not keeping kickoffs between the lines.
Cockrell I believe he's now the weak link. You can't hit NFL caliber RBs high and expect to do anything but go for a ride. He didn't cover for shit either.

I just wish Ben would show the sense of urgency from the start so we don't have to sit home clutching our chests every damn game.

At least we are adjusting in games and showing the ability to come back.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 8:56 am

This was the Ratbirds, so no GOATS from me. Were there some turnovers and poor throws, YES, Missed tackles YES but these games are always tough and we were playing another damn good team out there and division rival in the best rivalry in the NFL.

Gameballs for everyone on the STEELERS sideline, great effort and team victory
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 10:19 am

According to PFF, Ben was pressured 4 times of the 33 pass attempts that he had. Zero sacks and 2 QB hits on Ben in a Steelers-Ravens game?? Much love for the O line ! week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1647293567
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 10:24 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
According to PFF, Ben was pressured 4 times of the 33 pass attempts that he had. Zero sacks and 2 QB hits on Ben in a Steelers-Ravens game??  Much love for the O line ! week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1647293567
Can't remember the last time Ben went unsacked in a Ravens game. Yep, much love for the o-line. They did a great job for Bell too. Definitely earned their gifts from Ben.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Bell ran admirably against a stingy defense (behind a great performance by the O-line), and made some clutch plays when he needed to. And what more needs to be said about AB that hasn't already been said? They all get game balls.

Ben had some goatish moments, and our defense allowed the Rats mediocre offense to gain way too many yards, but I've given up on expecting these things to improve.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 7:04 am

Gameballs:
Bell
Brown
O-line
Davis for breaking up the TD
Tavon Young for a stupid penalty on Ayers that brought us back into the game

Goats:
Ben and Boswell for putting us in difficult situations
Bradshaw
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 11:10 am

week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552 week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552 week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552
Glad yo knew who I meant week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1664291743

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 3:47 pm

GOAT: Todd Haley for his ridiculous obsession with Hubbard, Nix, and David Johnson for 45 minutes which did nothing for this team.

Game Balls: Ben and his WR's for saving their season when they were allowed to play in the final 15 minutes when they sent the scrubs to the bench, those who have followed, and appreciated Ben's career from day one weren't shocked in the very least.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 4:56 pm

did anyone else wonder why there was no facemask penalty called on brown's TD ? i seen on the rattybird forum the members were bitching about the whistle not being blown because his forward progress was allegedly stopped, but yet they failed to mention wettle had hold of browns facemask the entire time.

week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats Capture
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Boswell is going to win the Steelers a playoff game in the end. That guy is awesome.
Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:13 pm

solardave wrote:
Game Balls:

Ben (2 picks ) He's now thrown half as many picks as TDs.

Incorrect.  29 TD's, 13 picks.  Outstanding ratio.  

Quote :
just wish Ben would show the sense of urgency from the start so we don't have to sit home clutching our chests every damn game.

Opening drive TDs in the Ben Era each OC:

Arians five years: 22

Whiz three years: 14

Haley five years: 12  

For Haley to have two less than Whiz with two EXTRA seasons, is a sin
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:44 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Boswell is going to win the Steelers a playoff game in the end. That guy is awesome.

As long as the Steelers Defense can keep a game close, he has a chance. He's having a really good season for the Steelers.
Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 12:33 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
did anyone else wonder why there was no facemask penalty called on brown's TD ? i seen on the rattybird forum the members were bitching about the whistle not being blown because his forward progress was allegedly stopped, but yet they failed to mention wettle had hold of browns facemask the entire time.

They also missed two more in the endzone in Cincy. One to AB, one to Coates.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 1:53 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552  week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552  week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1505004552
Glad yo knew who I meant week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 1664291743
Yeah. We probably won't see much more of him if Coates and Hamilton are healthy but he's someone to watch for in the future. If this team does one thing really well, it's scouting WRs. We're seeing why they were so high on Eli Rodgers last year before he got hurt.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 6:17 pm

TheConfluence wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

They also missed two more in the endzone in Cincy.  One to AB, one to Coates.  
but had brown not scored , this blatant penalty which wasn't called would have been the difference between losing the game or having one more shot at scoring. he had hold of his face mask from the time he made contact until the whistle blew. how in the hell could the refs not see it ? week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats   week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats
Page 1 of 1