Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGameballs and goats week 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Gameballs and goats week 5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Gameballs and goats week 5 Empty
PostSubject: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 am

Gameballs:

Conner: he wants to be seen as a football player and not the guy who survived cancer. He just did that Gameballs and goats week 5 1647293567
T.J. Watt: 3 sacks and a forced fumble. After 3 quiet weeks he's back.

Honoroble mentions:

The rest of the team, especially the defense, AB and the OL.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 7:37 am

I could only listen so here goes:

Gameballs:

Connor

TJ

Fort for effort

Edmunds It seemed to me like he showed up and tackled well.

Goats:

Boswell ....sorry Bos but you don't miss extra points especially at home. I have to say there have been a bunch of missed FGs and EPs league wide this year. Something in the water Gameballs and goats week 5 2829330259

Refs for stupid RTP penalties again. Here's a clue...if a rule change gets mocked to the point that the ridicule goes viral. You're doing it wrong!

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 7:40 am

game ball,
Conner 75 yards receiving 110 yards rushing, Got to know Bell hated watching this and seeing his stock going down. bet other teams seeing this and thinking Gameballs and goats week 5 3135543967 maybe it's not Bell it's more like the o-line blocking.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 5:41 pm

effyou515 wrote:
game ball,
Conner 75 yards receiving 110 yards rushing, Got to know Bell hated watching this and seeing his stock going down. bet other teams seeing this and thinking Gameballs and goats week 5 3135543967 maybe it's not Bell it's more like the o-line blocking.

I think one of the worries with Conner was that they'd lose something in the passing game. I know Conner only has 5 games so far, but I was looking at stats and Bell averaged 43.7 yds per game receiving last year, so far this year Conner is at 47.8. Bell had a higher yds rushing per game average, but Conner played 2 games this year where he had only 8 and 9 attempts. Conner does have a slightly higher yds per carry average 4.1 to 4.0. Conner also has a higher yds per catch average: 10.9 to 7.7

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 5:45 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
game ball,

I think one of the worries with Conner was that they'd lose something in the passing game. I know Conner only has 5 games so far, but I was looking at stats and Bell averaged 43.7 yds per game receiving last year, so far this year Conner is at 47.8. Bell had a higher yds rushing per game average, but Conner played 2 games this year where he had only 8 and 9 attempts. Conner does have a slightly higher yds per carry average 4.1 to 4.0. Conner also has a higher yds per catch average: 10.9 to 7.7

Connor is young, cheap, and a team player.

Bell has baggage,too expensive, and all about himself.

I think Connor deserves a chance to prove he's more valuable than Bell. We can't compare the 2 until Connor has at least this year as a starter under his belt IMO.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 2:07 pm

solardave wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
game ball,

I think Connor deserves a chance to prove he's more valuable than Bell. We can't compare the 2 until Connor has at least this year as a starter under his belt IMO.

Agreed. I should clarify these posts more when I make them. I only meant to look at the game production we are getting out of RB right now compared to last year with Bell. If they were using a RB by committee approach as opposed to just Conner I would have looked at the group compared to Bell.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 2:53 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
game ball,

Agreed. I should clarify these posts more when I make them. I only meant to look at the game production we are getting out of RB right now compared to last year with Bell. If they were using a RB by committee approach as opposed to just Conner I would have looked at the group compared to Bell.

Bell is a type of runner that I'm not sure the NFL has seen before. He can make something out of nothing but he's not going to take many to the house. Bell can move the chains but I think Connor has the speed to outrun guys. If the O line can hold their blocks long enough for him they should have no problem opening up holes for Connor. Time will tell but I think Connor will prove to be the man for the job.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 3:19 am

GAMEBALLS:

Roosevelt Nix - Rosie blocked a punt that really was a huge momentum builder for the team. This guy plays his ass off on offense, and on special teams. If I could buy a Nix jersey, I would. One of my favorite players, that doesn't get enough credit for what he does.

LJ Fort - It was only one game, and Fort didn't technically start but he should be starting. This guy can ball. Had a sack on a nicely timed blitz, tackled a running back in coverage to force a 4th Down, and recovered a sack/fumble in the endzone for a touchdown. Has speed, and good coverage ability. It's time the Steelers brass recognize that and give Fort a chance.

Defense - These guys shut down the likes of Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, and Mohamed Sanu for the majority of the game. Joe Haden blanketed Jones, and held him to a measly five catches for something like 50yds in garbage time when it didn't really matter. The pass rush was phenomenal. TJ Watt was a disruptive force, and proved yet again that he really needs to be pinning his ears back and going after QBs rather than dropping into coverage all game. Mike Hilton provided a boost in the secondary as well. Terrell Edmunds played probably the best game of his young career. It was nice to see the defense put it together for a game with minimal mistakes. They still made a few mistakes, and they are still committing too many penalties, but this was a massive improvement overall.

Tomlin - It seems when this team has it's back against the wall, and they're an underdog that they put it together and play their best. Tomlin deserves some credit for the team pulling together instead of continuing on a downhill slide. Question now is, can they keep it up?

Roethlisberger - Outside of one bad throw he shouldn't of tried to force in the redzone, Ben was highly efficient and took what the defense gave him. Would like to seem him eliminate the mental miscues with the INTs though, most of the INTs this season are Ben's fault and it's something he needs to work on. He's a veteran, and should definitely know that it's sometimes OK to just throw it away. All in all though, a good efficient game for Ben.

GOATS:

Chris Boswell - Missed yet another PAT. This is getting ridiculous. He looks like Josh Scobee. I cringe everytime Bos takes the field.

Bud Dupree - Two illegal hands to the face penalties. Enough with that crap man. That's easily avoidable and those kinds of dumb penalties are hurting the team this year.

Officials - That roughing call against TJ Watt was flat out ridiculous. He brushed Matt Ryan's leg and very obviously tried to avoid him. These roughing the passer penalties are getting out of hand. It's not making things safer, it's costing teams games. The NFL needs to talk to their officials and change how this rule is being enforced. It is literally so bad right now that I start looking for flags to rain down every time a QB gets hit. QBs (including our own) are taking advantage and embellishing it when they get hit as well. It's starting to look more like the NBA than the NFL at times.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 5   Gameballs and goats week 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameballs and goats week 5
Page 1 of 1