Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns

Go down 
+7
Drizztbob
Atlanta Dan
IowaSteeler927
solardave
OX1947
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
LambertWardSteel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 5:15 pm

Quote :
But, aside from those four, Tomlin said all other players, right now, are subject to play against the Browns. However, it is likely he will also reset veteran defenders such as James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons and possibly Mike Mitchell.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/12/27/Roethlisberger-Bell-Brown-Pouncey-to-sit-against-Browns/stories/201612270109
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Good move. I do think those other three will get rest too.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:21 pm

I wish Heyward wasn't out for the year. Steelers may have gone into the playoffs this year with their entire team and depth intact.

One thing I am really excited about. Our rookies and 2nd year players are playing off the charts. Steelers might have another 3 or 4 year run in them if Ben can stay healthy. I'm getting giddy thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 7:12 am

My only reservation with this is Ben. He seems to get rusty fast these days and if I understand the playoff picture we'll be going west to Oakland. Since we are in I'll look ahead and say that the O-line will have to bring their A game against Mack and Irvin. I know let's beat the Browns first and I have to admit that 1 game winning streak has me worried. Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns 3798349058
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 7:25 am

solardave wrote:
My only reservation with this is Ben. He seems to get rusty fast these days and if I understand the playoff picture we'll be going west to Oakland. Since we are in I'll look ahead and say that the O-line will have to bring their A game against Mack and Irvin. I know let's beat the Browns first and I have to admit that 1 game winning streak has me worried. Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns 3798349058

I concur, I think it would serve Ben well to get some reps against the Browns. Maybe take a few shots to guys like Ayers and Coates and see if we can't get some confidence going with them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:07 am

As with anything there are good and bad points. It's certain we go into the playoffs with the big 3 healthy and rested if they're off this week. But, it would be good to get everyone some reps especially  the young receivers. I also would hate to see the starters momentum broken. To a lesser extent I wanted to see Bell lead the AFC in rushing, and AB lead the NFL in receptions, both of which are unlikely if they are off.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:11 am

I really hope this pseudo bye-week helps guys like Coates, if they end up sitting him, I hope those fingers heal up. If we had another consistent deep threat opposite Brown that'd really open up this offense.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:46 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

I concur, I think it would serve Ben well to get some reps against the Browns. Maybe take a few shots to guys like Ayers and Coates and see if we can't get some confidence going with them.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Practice all week with these guys to get in sink in a game situation. Play him like it is the second or third preseason game.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:48 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
As with anything there are good and bad points. It's certain we go into the playoffs with the big 3 healthy and rested if they're off this week. But, it would be good to get everyone some reps especially  the young receivers. I also would hate to see the starters momentum broken. To a lesser extent I wanted to see Bell lead the AFC in rushing, and AB lead the NFL in receptions, both of which are unlikely if they are off.

Personal stats for AB and Bell might be an issue if they have incentive clauses in their contracts for that - otherwise that does not matter to me. I do not buy license plate frames, T-shirts and caps for a season when a Steeler leads the league in an individual statistic

Or, as Mike Tomlin put it in 2008 when Willie Parker was complaining about not running the ball more, "every morning, I come to work I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning." Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:25 am

Brown is fine on rest. Deangelo needs the practice so Bell should rest too. Ben should play the first series to stay sharp, but he won't. Beyond that, let them all play and stay in rhythm.

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 am

solardave wrote:
No, we're hosting regardless.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 11:29 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
solardave wrote:
No, we're hosting regardless.

Correct. We will host the Dolphins.

Let's just hope Oakland beats Denver, and or KC loses too. Otherwise, they'll switch positions. I think KC matches up better against NE than we do. I'm confident they can defeat the Texans at home.

BUT...
First things first, end the browns season with another loss
Second things second, revenge the BS game we had against the phish earlier this year

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Personal stats for AB and Bell might be an issue if they have incentive clauses in their contracts for that - otherwise that does not matter to me.  I do not buy license plate frames, T-shirts and caps for a season when a Steeler leads the league in an individual statistic

Or, as Mike Tomlin put it in 2008 when Willie Parker was complaining  about not running the ball more, "every morning, I come to work I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning." Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns 1797695198

All very true. I did not mean to say they should play for stats sake. I like seeing Steelers leading the league, but, obviously, any regular season stats are irrelevant when it's 7 we're playing for
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 4:35 pm

A lot of Ben's injuries have come against the Browns. I'd say let him sit tbh.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 4:56 pm

On the subject of injuries and being healthy for the playoffs:

Ray Fittipaldo wrote:
Good news on Steelers injury front: Ladarius Green and Sammie Coates were limited participants in practice today. Among the players who DNP today due to injuries: Tuitt, Golden, Mathews and Chickillo. All others were sick or not injury related.

Ed Bouchette wrote:
L. Green (concussion), Coates (hamstring) & Grimble (ribs) limited Steelers practice. Significant if Green, Coates could return for playoff
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 4:21 am

solardave wrote:

He gets rusty because he's coming out from injury. He has no problem playing after bye week. Not worth the risk to play him against the Browns, especially if Pouncey sits too.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 6:47 am

kan_t wrote:
solardave wrote:

He gets rusty because he's coming out from injury. He has no problem playing after bye week. Not worth the risk to play him against the Browns, especially if Pouncey sits too.

Agreed. Ben won't play a down in this game. The Steelers play to get a 1st round playoff bye every year. They've acknowledged the fact they want the week of rest at the end of a long season. Why would they play their stars in a meaningless game at the end of the season? Hell, Ben hasn't looked sharp in the last 3 games ... maybe he needs a rest.

The biggest question for the coaches is who do they have to play. Out of the 46 man game day roster, they don't carry enough O-linemen to sit their entire starting O-line. I'd probably play the tackles and replace the 3 interior linemen with Finney, Hubbard and Wallace.  As far as WR goes, I'd sit Brown, hold out DHB one more game and only go with Ayers, Rogers and Hamilton ... run the 2 and 3 TE sets with Grimble, Johnson and James. On defense, I'd sit/limit Shazier, Timmons, Mitchell and Gay for sure. Tuitt definitely won't see the field. I'd be tempted to sit or limit Hargrave as well.

Edit: Can't believe I originally didn't add Harrison to that list ... he shouldn't play a down either. Let Jarvis audition for his next team.

I know Tomlin doesn't live in his fears, but I think they get to their 2nd and 3rd stringers for most of the game. His comments at this Tuesday presser indicates Ben, Bell, Brown and Pouncey won't play at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns   Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown, Pouncey to sit against Browns
Page 1 of 1