Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTo sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?

Go down 
+4
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
EbonySteel86
Drizztbob
IowaSteeler927
8 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? Empty
PostSubject: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 3:45 am

Obviously this has been a hot topic following our dramatic win versus the Ratbirds. The Steelers realistically have nothing to play for outside of their own pride and AFC North bragging rights over a downtrodden, 1 win, Browns squad. We cannot improve our playoff seeding from the #3 Seed, and we cannot go down from that spot either.

In my opinion though, I think we need to play the starters just a little bit. One or two series just to keep a rhythm going. I would also like to see the rookie players, like Burns, Davis, Ayers, and Hargrave out there playing a little bit longer because that extra experience never hurts especially for rookies. I'd like to see what Ayers can do, I would mind seeing Ben try to throw one deep right off the bat to him to see if this kid can make a play.

I don't believe in resting healthy starters completely, if guys are banged up, rest them by all means and let them heal, but if they're healthy enough they should play. Dallas played their starters against the Lions and put a whooping on that team, that's a confidence building type of game going into the playoffs. I know the Browns game doesn't mean a lot in respect to playoff seeding, but losing to that team is still a negative in my opinion regardless of how meaningless the game might be in the bigger picture of things.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 12:23 pm

It's a 53 man roster, 46 HAVE to dress. Can't sit that many starters anyway.

EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Zach Attack Project should begin Sunday!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 3:57 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:
Zach Attack Project should begin Sunday!
Yeah I want to see what he may have to offer. IIRC he's younger than Landry and probably has more upside
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 5:52 pm

I'd rest as many starters as possible. It's as close as possible to having a bye, so might as well use it. Besides, everyone will have a shit fit if Ben, Bell, or Brown go down with a major injury in a meaningless game.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 9:05 pm

According to what I saw on ESPN today, the Steelers will be resting Ben, Bell, and Brown.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Sit as many as you can and rotate the ones you cannot as much as you can. Get as healthy as you can and pluck another ring!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 3:47 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Sit as many as you can and rotate the ones you cannot as much as you can. Get as healthy as you can and pluck another ring!

This would be a great game for Jones and Mettenberger to get key playing time. And while it may not be with the entire first string unit, it'll give fans, and more importantly coaches, the opportunity to see what we have for next year heading in to OTAs, and training camp.

I'd also like to see Williams and Toussaint get the workload against the browns. Williams because he's been out for awhile and Toussaint because I think he did well last year during the playoffs and IMO deserves playing time beyond what he's gotten this year.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:39 pm

we don't need the starters to beat the browns To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 10:44 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
we don't need the starters to beat the browns To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? 1797695198

True. I got a call from area code 412, I thought it was Tomlin asking me to play a few snaps this Sunday.

I guess I didn't make the cut to play the Browns.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?   To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns? Empty

Back to top Go down

To sit, or not to sit. Should the Steelers sit the starters against the Browns?
Page 1 of 1