Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
jak341
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  Empty
PostSubject: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 11:41 am

Who's watching? And who you got? I'm taking Texans, Seahawks, and Giants.

Last edited by jak341 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I like the Packers and Texans. I'm torn on the other game. Seahawks are the smart pick, but for some reason my gut likes the Lions. My gut has a tendency to ler me down, but I'm going to roll with it anyway.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Raiders are a non factor ever since Carr got injured. Houston is weak but should be able to take them. Whoever wins though has very little chance next week. Honestly in the wildcard round I think the Steelers are the only AFC team that can make any substantial noise in the postseason.

Dolphins are 1 dimensional, they'll only go as far as Ajayi takes them. Houston is kinda eh, the best team in the NFL's weakest division, who really are only there because Andrew Luck got injured. Raiders were my favorite for the AFC until Carr got injured. Steelers offense will be dangerous with Ben, Bell, and Brown all healthy for the post season (finally). My only worry is an inexperienced defense starting 3 rookies. If they can string together strong performances, our chances are good. AND Ben has to be more careful with the football. He's gotta stop throwing those bone headed INT's
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 7:01 pm

How many dropped passes did the Oakland WRs have today? They are not helping Cook at all.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 7:11 pm

And that should do it for the 2016-2017 Raiders. They really didn't have much of a chance when Carr and McGloin went down.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 7:18 pm

I feel bad for Oakland for losing Carr. Never liked the Raiders much at all but Carr, Mack, and Cooper are some exciting young players. Those guys will be back. Hopefully we'll play them at one point in the playoffs. Steelers-Raiders was such a great rivalry back in the day.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 8:12 pm

How long are the media going to play up this idea that Seattle is the loudest, most inhospitable place to play?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:56 am

jak341 wrote:
How long are the media going to play up this idea that Seattle is the loudest, most inhospitable place to play?

Until they're eliminated next week, then it will be KC, then it will be New England, or possibly Dallas.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:58 am

I knew the Texans and Seahawks would win, but I wanted the Giants to show up against the Packers and they definitely didn't. Giants don't have any real receivers outside of Beckham, in a way they're kind of like us in that they don't have that true #2 receiver, but our receiving corps is much better than theirs as a whole. Not to mention their running backs are lacking as well.

Pretty well played out exactly as I expected though. The Texans are pretenders, the Patriots* are going to tear them up this weekend, I'll bet they put up 40+ on the Texans.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I knew the Texans and Seahawks would win, but I wanted the Giants to show up against the Packers and they definitely didn't. Giants don't have any real receivers outside of Beckham, in a way they're kind of like us in that they don't have that true #2 receiver, but our receiving corps is much better than theirs as a whole. Not to mention their running backs are lacking as well.

Pretty well played out exactly as I expected though. The Texans are pretenders, the Patriots** are going to tear them up this weekend, I'll bet they put up 40+ on the Texans.
I think Shepard could be a good one. Cruz is a shell of his former self though and Beckham while he's got superstar over him doesn't seem to have AB's work ethic. They definitely don't have the running backs though. They should be looking for a Leveon Bell type in the draft this year. I actually was one of the few fans that liked Bell over Lacy in the draft. I was impressed with Lacy's pedigree but I saw that he had a great blockers at Alabama whereas Bell accomplished a lot at MSU on a poor team. Plus I know it sounds silly but I sort of prefer guys with cold weather backgrounds which Leveon has as an Ohio native and someone who played in Michigan.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Pretty well played out exactly as I expected though. The Texans are pretenders, the Patriots*** are going to tear them up this weekend, I'll bet they put up 40+ on the Texans.
I think Shepard could be a good one. Cruz is a shell of his former self though and Beckham while he's got superstar over him doesn't seem to have AB's work ethic. They definitely don't have the running backs though. They should be looking for a Leveon Bell type in the draft this year. I actually was one of the few fans that liked Bell over Lacy in the draft. I was impressed with Lacy's pedigree but I saw that he had a great blockers at Alabama whereas Bell accomplished a lot at MSU on a poor team. Plus I know it sounds silly but I sort of prefer guys with cold weather backgrounds which Leveon has as an Ohio native and someone who played in Michigan.

Yeah I loved the Le'Veon Bell pick, as a Hawkeyes fan I got to see plenty of him when we played MSU, and that guy was something special. Lacy to me is just another Mark Ingram, another overrated running back out of Alabama.

Yeah I kind of forgot about Shepard, he is pretty decent, the Giant's just need to get themselves a second receiver that can really take the pressure off Beckham, and a running back and that team could really be deadly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Pretty well played out exactly as I expected though. The Texans are pretenders, the Patriots**** are going to tear them up this weekend, I'll bet they put up 40+ on the Texans.

Yeah I loved the Le'Veon Bell pick, as a Hawkeyes fan I got to see plenty of him when we played MSU, and that guy was something special. Lacy to me is just another Mark Ingram, another overrated running back out of Alabama.

Yeah I kind of forgot about Shepard, he is pretty decent, the Giant's just need to get themselves a second receiver that can really take the pressure off Beckham, and a running back and that team could really be deadly.
Yeah. We had the same thoughts about Bell and you had seen more of him. I'm not a college ball fan but my logic was that he was doing what he was doing with a line of guys who would be something else right now whereas Lacy had potential pros on his o-line. Agree about the Giants. They don't have a strong enough running game at this point and they definitely do need that number two to take off pressure from Beckham. I definitely have seen why we wanted to trade up for Landon Collins last year though. However, everything happens for a reason and we got Sean Davis this year who I think is going to be great.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:27 am

Speaking of the Giants, Peter King had this to say out of his MMQB Column (http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/09/nfl-wild-card-weekend-playoffs-steelers-packers-peter-king

Peter King wrote:
Eli Manning turned 36 six days ago. Clock is ticking on his life in football. The 2017 season is a vital one, with this defense growing into a very good one, for Manning. It might be his last, best chance to win a third ring.

Ben and Rivers were in the same class...An end of eras is coming for us all.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:40 am

jak341 wrote:
Speaking of the Giants, Peter King had this to say out of his MMQB Column (http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/09/nfl-wild-card-weekend-playoffs-steelers-packers-peter-king

Peter King wrote:
Eli Manning turned 36 six days ago. Clock is ticking on his life in football. The 2017 season is a vital one, with this defense growing into a very good one, for Manning. It might be his last, best chance to win a third ring.

Ben and Rivers were in the same class...An end of eras is coming for us all.
That was my senior year of high school. Such a fun year. I had two teachers (I'm from Northern VA) that were Steelers fans that year and we just enjoyed the entire ride. Ended up losing to the Cheats in the championship game but it was obvious we had something special with Ben. Crazy to think that Ben and Harrison are the only guys left from that era and Harrison was a STer back then. Speaking of which, that's something I don't think the organization gets enough credit for. I think if Cowher had stayed put, Porter remains the OLB until his eventual retirement and we never see Harrison for what he is. I appreciate Porter's legacy as a player but Harrison at his peak was better than Porter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers    Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wildcard Weekend 2017 - Everything But The Steelers
Page 1 of 1