Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread

Go down 
+28
Wallace108
Mach1
steelcrazy
Geordie
Shalieve5090
schillah
WVABE
El-Gonzo Jackson
OX1947
FrancoLambert
solardave
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Atlanta Dan
effyou515
Jazzo
LambertWardSteel
SteelerFreak58
kirklandrules
JPPT1974
Lokki
kan_t
SteelerEmpire
Steeler-in-west
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Steelcitian
Fire Arians
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:44 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Still considering going to the game but I guess the roads are supposed to be pretty bad as far as ice goes tonight. Wife doesn't want me to go, but I've never been to a playoff game.
Have a safe trip if you decide to go Iowa...but don't forget your wallet. If you don't already have tickets you will be paying thru the nose for them. But whether you watch from your couch or from Arrowhead heres hoping for a Steeler W !!..... Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 230572241 Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1948569602 Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 2287965686

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:07 am

Looks like 31 degrees and rain right now. No snow to see on the KC webcams here. http://www.kctv5.com/category/212727/city-cams
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am

Supposedly there's a 1/4" of ice forecasted tonight. Ugh, there are good ticket prices right now because of the weather but driving on a skating rink wouldn't be fun. Might be OK getting to Arrowhead, but the drive back would be the bad part.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:03 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Supposedly there's a 1/4" of ice forecasted tonight. Ugh, there are good ticket prices right now because of the weather but driving on a skating rink wouldn't be fun. Might be OK getting to Arrowhead, but the drive back would be the bad part.

Stay the night and maybe drive on Monday OK? Either way stay safe fella.

On another note, I just listened to NFL Network and Brian Billick picked the Steeler to win, saying "we don't talk about the Steelers Offensive line enough. Next to Dallas, they may very well be the best O line in the NFL, for my money".

When Brian Billick singles out the Steelers O line for the reason they should win the game and says they are the #2 Offensive Line group in the NFL, it makes me smile. Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1647293567
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Stay the night and maybe drive on Monday OK?  Either way stay safe fella.

On another note, I just listened to NFL Network and Brian Billick picked the Steeler to win, saying "we don't talk about the Steelers Offensive line enough.  Next to Dallas, they may very well be the best O line in the NFL, for my money".

When Brian Billick singles out the Steelers O line for the reason they should win the game and says they are the #2 Offensive Line group in the NFL, it makes me smile.  Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1647293567

Billick even picked the Steelers to win, I was watching NFL Network as well and all of them picked the Steelers, kind of surprised by that to be honest.

I think I'm going to stay home for this game. Sucks, but I think it's the smart thing to do. I'll watch the game on TV and just cuss at myself if we play awesome and I miss out. I'll definitely be going to a game or two next season as they'll be playing in a couple of stadiums within driving distance.

Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:19 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Still considering going to the game but I guess the roads are supposed to be pretty bad as far as ice goes tonight. Wife doesn't want me to go, but I've never been to a playoff game.

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 3155140

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:22 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Billick even picked the Steelers to win, I was watching NFL Network as well and all of them picked the Steelers, kind of surprised by that to be honest.

Presumably he was relying on his "toxic differential" ratings

The NFL considers any pass play of more than 25 yards or a run play of more than 10 yards a big play. The Steelers had 37 via the air and 51 on the ground....

That has been one of the hallmarks of the Steelers this season — getting and preventing big plays. They’re also above average when it comes to turnover differential.

The combination of those three statistics is known as toxic differential, an advanced statistic devised by former NFL coach Brian Billick, whose formula (big plays for–big plays against)+(takeaways–giveaways) usually is a good predictor for success.

The Steelers were fifth in the NFL in toxic differential this season. Of the eight teams in the divisional round, seven ranked among the top 12 in the league.

In fact, toxic differential did a pretty fair job of seeding the playoffs. The top five teams this season were the Cowboys, Patriots*, Falcons, Titans and Steelers. The Cowboys were the No. 1 seed in the NFC and the Patriots* were the top seed in the AFC. The Falcons were the No. 2 seed in the NFC and the Steelers were the No. 3 seed in the AFC. The Titans lost out on a playoff berth by a tiebreaker.

Kansas City, the opponent today in an AFC divisional round game, is 12th.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/14/NFL-playoffs-pittsburgh-steelers-toxic-differential-coach-brian-billick/stories/201701150132
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:26 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Looks like 31 degrees and rain right now.  No snow to see on the KC webcams here.  http://www.kctv5.com/category/212727/city-cams

The massive ice storm forecast for KC apparently was as reliable as the 4 inches of snow predicted for Atlanta last weekend that never occurred.

Possibility of showers and just above freezing forecast throughout the game

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USMO0460:1:US
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Looks like 31 degrees and rain right now.  No snow to see on the KC webcams here.  http://www.kctv5.com/category/212727/city-cams

The massive ice storm forecast for KC apparently was as reliable as the 4 inches of snow predicted for Atlanta last weekend that never occurred.

We were supposed to get a snow/ice mix in PA out of these same storms at KC but they never really happened.

My nerves always start going at this time....5 hours to go
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Are the Steelers still playing today? It's hard to tell with the NFL Network's wall to wall Cowboys-Packers coverage. Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 2744185472

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Are the Steelers still playing today? It's hard to tell with the NFL Network's wall to wall Cowboys-Packers coverage. Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 2744185472
jeez...I know it...I generally likr Michael Irving but c'mon...enough is enough already Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 2913999526

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Special teams play worries me the most today.

I like the offense-defense matchups.

Sammie returning KO's with broken fingers...not good... use two hands please.
Any ball caught in the endzone...even 1 yard deep....please, take it at the 25, not a return to the 12-15 yd. line.
Defending their return game....Danny Smith's plan for neutralizing Hill..... Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 190127080  Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 190127080
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:33 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

NFL Network picks Steelers, ESPN picks Chiefs in AFC playoff game

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansascity.relaymedia.com/amp/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article126716779.html?client=safari
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:35 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
  jeez...I know it...I generally likr Michael Irving but c'mon...enough is enough already Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 2913999526

The good news is that if we win, our game will get attention next week because the opponent is the Patriots*. Sure, 90 percent of the talk will be about Brady and the Patriots*, but at least that would be something we have a stake in. Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1401235891

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Presumably he was relying on his "toxic differential" ratings

The NFL considers any pass play of more than 25 yards or a run play of more than 10 yards a big play. The Steelers had 37 via the air and 51 on the ground....

That has been one of the hallmarks of the Steelers this season — getting and preventing big plays. They’re also above average when it comes to turnover differential.

The combination of those three statistics is known as toxic differential, an advanced statistic devised by former NFL coach Brian Billick, whose formula (big plays for–big plays against)+(takeaways–giveaways) usually is a good predictor for success.

The Steelers were fifth in the NFL in toxic differential this season. Of the eight teams in the divisional round, seven ranked among the top 12 in the league.

In fact, toxic differential did a pretty fair job of seeding the playoffs. The top five teams this season were the Cowboys, Patriots**, Falcons, Titans and Steelers. The Cowboys were the No. 1 seed in the NFC and the Patriots** were the top seed in the AFC. The Falcons were the No. 2 seed in the NFC and the Steelers were the No. 3 seed in the AFC. The Titans lost out on a playoff berth by a tiebreaker.

Kansas City, the opponent today in an AFC divisional round game, is 12th.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/14/NFL-playoffs-pittsburgh-steelers-toxic-differential-coach-brian-billick/stories/201701150132

Does Billick himself, have a toxic differential rating?
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

So it was collusion, subterfuge, and a savvy business move all along....I'm shocked the NFL would do such a thing.

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1890901109
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:47 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

So it was collusion, subterfuge, and a savvy business move all along....I'm shocked the NFL would do such a thing.

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1890901109

I'm certainly not pointing to a conspiracy theory, but I did hear on the NFL Network earlier that the NFL will be paying close attention to the ratings tonight and will use this game as a test case for potentially making the Sunday prime time game permanent. Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 3121608646

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:51 pm

NFL expected to consider future Sunday night playoff games

The first NFL prime-time Sunday night divisional playoff game might not be the last.

If Sunday's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs in prime time draws monster ratings, the NFL is expected to consider shifting future Sunday playoff games into prime time, per industry sources.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18479839/nfl-expected-consider-future-sunday-night-playoff-games

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 4275664633

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 4:10 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Kickoff wasn't moved for this conference championship game played in freezing rain Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1401235891

When game day arrived the weather was every bit as horrible as anyone could have expected, with a wicked combination of cold, wind and freezing rain

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-storm-to-AFC-title/2d4ef56f-9560-4f09-90a7-e05ea64d8941

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 9007a7ae6e9d6a690d2721d9e1bb101f
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
NFL expected to consider future Sunday night playoff games

The first NFL prime-time Sunday night divisional playoff game might not be the last.

If Sunday's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs in prime time draws monster ratings, the NFL is expected to consider shifting future Sunday playoff games into prime time, per industry sources.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18479839/nfl-expected-consider-future-sunday-night-playoff-games

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 4275664633
Just as long as they don't call it a Special Thursday Night Edition of the NFL.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Kickoff wasn't moved for this conference championship game played in freezing rain Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1401235891

When game day arrived the weather was every bit as horrible as anyone could have expected, with a wicked combination of cold, wind and freezing rain

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-storm-to-AFC-title/2d4ef56f-9560-4f09-90a7-e05ea64d8941

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 9007a7ae6e9d6a690d2721d9e1bb101f

That was an awesome game. I remember radio commentators kept overusing 'water and oil don't mix' when giving the score
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Well that's a relief Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 3029611895

I thought they might cancel the game Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 1072540953
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:43 pm

That can't be the full report. I didn't see anything about Harrison getting fined for being James Harrison.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Man is it gametime yet? I'm so excited, I just want to see some Steelers football!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 7:00 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Man is it gametime yet? I'm so excited, I just want to see some Steelers football!

I tried taking a nap to help pass the time, but I'm too wired. Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 2432665661

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next