Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrown's Social Media Gaffe  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brown's Social Media Gaffe

Go down 
+17
Fire Arians
Rick5895
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
Jazzo
HaleysVomit
LambertWardSteel
kirklandrules
Steeler-in-west
OX1947
El-Gonzo Jackson
solardave
FrancoLambert
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
IowaSteeler927
jak341
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Brown's Social Media Gaffe  Empty
PostSubject: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 8:37 am

This story is getting more attention than the game itself. Tomlin needs to address this.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:02 am

Yeah I don't get what was said that was such a big deal.  Brown shouldn't of put it out there for the world to hear, but nothing was said that I wouldn't expect to hear from a football coach.

Here's the article for anyone who hasn't seen what was said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-mike-tomlin-called-the-Patriots*-in-video-streamed-by-antonio-brown/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:17 am

To me what was said is a non-story - NFL has filmed less than flattering postgame comments about an opponent by the head coach for years - like this

The story for me is that unlike the Steelers surrounding Cowher and responding to him in the video above, Brown had his back turned on his head coach addressing the team and thought it more important to mug for his Facebook feed
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:21 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
To me what was said is a non-story - NFL has filmed less than flattering postgame comments about an opponent by the head coach for years - like this

The story for me is that unlike the Steelers surrounding Cowher and responding to him in the video above, Brown had his back turned on his head coach addressing the team and thought it more important to mug for his Facebook feed
Heh good old Farrior in the background "Who dey think going to beat them Bengals." I agree, it's really nothing. Perhaps he shouldn't have released it but it's not going to be why we win or lose next week.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 am

What's so shocking?  Everyone knows the Patriots*, their coach, and their owner are assholes.  Brown's Social Media Gaffe  3823912936
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yeah I don't get what was said that was such a big deal.  Brown shouldn't of put it out there for the world to hear, but nothing was said that I wouldn't expect to hear from a football coach.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-mike-tomlin-called-the-Patriots**-in-video-streamed-by-antonio-brown/

For some reason the link would not open. What was said? I know AB can be immature sometimes but is this just the media blowing it up?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:46 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-mike-tomlin-called-the-Patriots***-in-video-streamed-by-antonio-brown/

For some reason the link would not open. What was said? I know AB can be immature sometimes but is this just the media blowing it up?

This is the excerpt:

Quote :
“Let’s say very little moving forward. Let’s start our preparations,” Tomlin can be heard saying. “We spotted those (expletive) a day and a half. They played yesterday. Our game got moved to tonight. We gonna touch down at 4 o’clock in the (expletive) morning. So be it. We’ll be ready for that (expletive). But you ain’t gotta tell them we coming … Keep a low profile.”

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:51 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-mike-tomlin-called-the-Patriots***-in-video-streamed-by-antonio-brown/

Here is the link to ESPN reporting of it. The cringe worthy line to me is " we just spotted these a-- holes a day and a half".

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18485752/antonio-brown-records-unaware-mike-tomlin-addressing-pittsburgh-steelers-team-locker-room

Kind of tough to talk about competitors and members of the NFL doing the same job as you, or some players that might be potential free agents available in the future as a-holes. AB needs to not be sharing his social media experience in the locker room. Tomlin should choose his words more carefully, even if he is talking about an organization that develops cheaters and convicted murderers, while embracing alcoholics that can catch a football. SMH.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:53 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-mike-tomlin-called-the-Patriots****-in-video-streamed-by-antonio-brown/

Here is the link to ESPN reporting of it.  The cringe worthy line to me is " we just spotted these a-- holes a day and a half".

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18485752/antonio-brown-records-unaware-mike-tomlin-addressing-pittsburgh-steelers-team-locker-room

Kind of tough to talk about competitors and members of the NFL doing the same job as you, or some players that might be potential free agents available in the future as a-holes.  AB needs to not be sharing his social media experience in the locker room.  Tomlin should choose his words more carefully, even if he is talking about an organization that develops cheaters and convicted murderers, while embracing alcoholics that can catch a football. SMH.

I guarantee the Patsies say the same things about us, and everyone else in the league. This shouldn't be any surprise to any of the players, coaches, or anyone who has played football to be quite honest.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:58 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Kind of tough to talk about competitors and members of the NFL doing the same job as you, or some players that might be potential free agents available in the future as a-holes.  

I think the Pats* already are aware of Tomlin's opinion of the organization

This on Spygate

When new Steelers coach Mike Tomlin first heard about the incident with the New England cameraman in New York, he said at his weekly press conference, "Where there's smoke, there's fire.''

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2...s/200802150203

And this on the Steelers coaches headsets not working at Gillette in 2015

Tomlin, asked about the headsets going out:
“That’s always the case.”
“Here?”
“Yes. I said what I said."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/10/93...tegate-spygate

But now Tomlin has to address this no later than the weekly press conference tomorrow

Maybe Coach Porter should have a talk with AB and Coach Tomlin about proper conduct expected of NFL players and coaches
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 11:59 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-mike-tomlin-called-the-Patriots*****-in-video-streamed-by-antonio-brown/

Here is the link to ESPN reporting of it.  The cringe worthy line to me is " we just spotted these a-- holes a day and a half".

Kind of tough to talk about competitors and members of the NFL doing the same job as you, or some players that might be potential free agents available in the future as a-holes.  AB needs to not be sharing his social media experience in the locker room.  Tomlin should choose his words more carefully, even if he is talking about an organization that develops cheaters and convicted murderers, while embracing alcoholics that can catch a football. SMH.

I guarantee the Patsies say the same things about us, and everyone else in the league. This shouldn't be any surprise to any of the players, coaches, or anyone who has played football to be quite honest.

Yeah you're right but in this day of NFL hypocrisy Goodell will probably have a field day with this. It won't surprise me if Tomlin gets fined. Last week I was watching one of the other playoff games and heard it loud and clear coming from the field. A player dropped the F-bomb and the announcers didn't dare make a comment. My guess is the player was either miked or near a guy who was. We all know it happens but it should remain in the locker. Like Gonzo said one of these same assholes could sign with us as a FA and become the salt of the earth. Brown's Social Media Gaffe  3798349058 Not Blount though. Been there and he is an asshole. Was one with us.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 12:29 pm

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-mike-tomlin-called-the-Patriots******-in-video-streamed-by-antonio-brown/

Yeah you're right but in this day of NFL hypocrisy Goodell will probably have a field day with this. It won't surprise me if Tomlin gets fined. Last week I was watching one of the other playoff games and heard it loud and clear coming from the field. A player dropped the F-bomb and the announcers didn't dare make a comment. My guess is the player was either miked or near a guy who was. We all know it happens but it should remain in the locker. Like Gonzo said one of these same assholes could sign with us as a FA and become the salt of the earth. Brown's Social Media Gaffe  3798349058 Not Blount though. Been there and he is an asshole. Was one with us.

Easy. Tomlin is not getting fined. Little drama, geez.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I guess my beliefs are different. I have played football and coached football for some time. I always have coached my kids to fear nobody, but respect everybody. I've cut blocked, blindsided guys in pass protection, stuck my helmet in guys sturnem and tried to tackle them in a way that I tried to put them out of the game.....legally. But, after the play, I often helped them up to let them know I was gonna be back to hit them again and after the game I shook their hands because we all bleed the same and battle the same.

Sure, if a guy punched me at the bottom of the pile, or cut me from behind, or a coach cheered when one of my kids got blasted and was lying on the ground, I called them a-holes and exacted revenge. I haven't seen the video from AB so I don't know the entire context, but I guess I don't think Tomlin calling 53 players and probably 20 coaches that he all doesn't know, a-holes is how a leader should act.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I guess my beliefs are different.  I have played football and coached football for some time.  I always have coached my kids to fear nobody, but respect everybody.  I've cut blocked, blindsided guys in pass protection, stuck my helmet in guys sturnem and tried to tackle them in a way that I tried to put them out of the game.....legally.  But, after the play, I often helped them up to let them know I was gonna be back to hit them again and after the game I shook their hands because we all bleed the same and battle the same.

Sure, if a guy punched me at the bottom of the pile, or cut me from behind, or a coach cheered when one of my kids got blasted and was lying on the ground, I called them a-holes and exacted revenge.  I haven't seen the video from AB so I don't know the entire context, but I guess I don't think Tomlin calling 53 players and probably 20 coaches that he all doesn't know, a-holes is how a leader should act.

This is the NFL and it seems the Patriots* have a negative reputation of their own creation. I would imagine asshole is probably one of the nicer words coaches and players use to describe Belicheat and the Patriots*.

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:40 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I guess my beliefs are different.  I have played football and coached football for some time.  I always have coached my kids to fear nobody, but respect everybody.  I've cut blocked, blindsided guys in pass protection, stuck my helmet in guys sturnem and tried to tackle them in a way that I tried to put them out of the game.....legally.  But, after the play, I often helped them up to let them know I was gonna be back to hit them again and after the game I shook their hands because we all bleed the same and battle the same.

Sure, if a guy punched me at the bottom of the pile, or cut me from behind, or a coach cheered when one of my kids got blasted and was lying on the ground, I called them a-holes and exacted revenge.  I haven't seen the video from AB so I don't know the entire context, but I guess I don't think Tomlin calling 53 players and probably 20 coaches that he all doesn't know, a-holes is how a leader should act.

This is the NFL and it seems the Patriots** have a negative reputation of their own creation. I would imagine asshole is probably one of the nicer words coaches and players use to describe Belicheat and the Patriots**.
I have to agree. Shrug. Hard to really feel too bad for the Patriots* when they were the ones who actually invited the Giants to their SB parties thinking they had that game won before it began. I think asshole is being taken too seriously here. I'm sure Tomlin's far from the first coach to use a curse word in rallying up his troops. Same thing with about them being spotted a day and a half. That's Tomlin trying to rally up the troops. And I know Gonzo isn't one of these but I've heard many of Tomlin's detractors complain he shows no emotion and has a deer in headlights look. Well here is inspiring his guys. Who knows what the Pats* say about us behind closed doors, I don't really care though.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:47 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

This is the NFL and it seems the Patriots** have a negative reputation of their own creation. I would imagine asshole is probably one of the nicer words coaches and players use to describe Belicheat and the Patriots**.

I think its just the haters and those that have lost(been cheated) to the Patriots*. Belichek is widely regarded and respected by those that played for him I think and the media holds him in high regard for winning, but not press conferences. The opposition fans and players like Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, etc have the hate on for what happened in their playing days.

I think Belichek is a good coach, I think he gets way too much credit for winning where Tom Brady is the main constant in New England success and I think he cheated in Spygate, Deflategate and morally is corrupt in pressuring Ted Johnson to play thru concussions, but he is still a peer of Tomlin and a guy that will end up in Canton, where Tomlin has a way to go before that ever happens to him.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 pm

ImmagulateGreenPolamalu is right, I am no Tomlin detractor. I really like the guy as a coach. Sure I think he is trying to rally the guys and this is really on AB for filming in the locker room which he shouldn't .

I still think that Tomlin is a guy that focuses on his own team and what they are going to do to win, so stooping to those kind of comments about an upcoming opponent isn't really congruent with how I see him coaching. Personally, I think its a mistake by Tomlin that shows insecurity towards the Patriots*, rather than confidence about the guys he has in his room.

Summary, if Tomlin is going to be the better man, the better team, the better coach, the better motivator, then act like it. Again, I haven't heard the actual footage, but the quotes sound something like that whiner Marvin Lewis would say.

Movin, on.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 pm

This is a non-story. Maybe the real a-holes are the ones making a big deal about this in the media.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:12 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImmagulateGreenPolamalu is right, I am no Tomlin detractor.  I really like the guy as a coach.  Sure I think he is trying to rally the guys and this is really on AB for filming in the locker room which he shouldn't .  

I still think that Tomlin is a guy that focuses on his own team and what they are going to do to win, so stooping to those kind of comments about an upcoming opponent isn't really congruent with how I see him coaching.  Personally, I think its a mistake by Tomlin that shows insecurity towards the Patriots**, rather than confidence about the guys he has in his room.  

Summary, if Tomlin is going to be the better man, the better team, the better coach, the better motivator, then act like it.  Again, I haven't heard the actual footage, but the quotes sound something like that whiner Marvin Lewis would say.  

Movin, on.

See I don't take it that Tomlin was going out of his way to knock the Patriots* as much as trying to give a little underdog mentality to his team. So not so much about the actual Patriots* have the extra day as it is the Steelers players having to dig deep to make up for one less day of preparation. Additionally, I doubt the Patriots* players are offended by these comments. They known they call their opponents the same things.

Headlines: Tomlin throws opponents under the bus to rally his players (like every coach in the league)
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:14 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImmagulateGreenPolamalu is right, I am no Tomlin detractor.  I really like the guy as a coach.  Sure I think he is trying to rally the guys and this is really on AB for filming in the locker room which he shouldn't .  

I still think that Tomlin is a guy that focuses on his own team and what they are going to do to win, so stooping to those kind of comments about an upcoming opponent isn't really congruent with how I see him coaching.  Personally, I think its a mistake by Tomlin that shows insecurity towards the Patriots**, rather than confidence about the guys he has in his room.  

Summary, if Tomlin is going to be the better man, the better team, the better coach, the better motivator, then act like it.  Again, I haven't heard the actual footage, but the quotes sound something like that whiner Marvin Lewis would say.  

Movin, on.
I think it's just a difference of opinion on this and I respect your perspective since unlike me, you've coached and played. Anyhow, most important thing is you, me, Tomlin, and AB all want the Steelers to win next week.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:23 pm

I just hope it's something we can somehow use as a rallying point and it doesn't further motivate the other team. On one hand it is good to hear Tomlin holds a level of dislike towards them that most of us seem to share. Maybe the whole team puts the extra time in preparation, focus, and motivation to solve the cheatriots in the AFC CG. The team seemed to rally behind Tomlin after the Bradshaw comments, we can really use the same here.

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:28 pm

With regard to Brown posting his 17 minute video while someone in the locker room told everyone to stay off social media this week, this from the online chat with P-G reporter Ray Fittipaldo

Ryan Clark said AB was so “self-absorbed” and, essentially, all about his brand (Boomin etc)..that he wasn’t even aware of the negative implications of his video…do you agree?

Ray Fittipaldo
It's obvious he wasn't aware in any shape form or fashion. Tomlin and others are talking about keeping it tame on social media and he's broadcasting the whole thing live on Facebook. I don't know what to say. Brown just isn't all there. Not being harsh. He's just different in a very odd way. And yes, self absorbed is a good way to describe him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/16/Ray-Fittipaldo-Steelers-chat-1-16-17/stories/201701160113

The focus has been on Bell's contract situation - consider the possibility that AB's ongoing quest for the spotlight might lead to much more drama in getting his new deal done than has been anticipated

With regard to Tomlin's comments, he had a point about problems with getting back home Monday morning to prepare for Sunday's conference championship.  Based on this information get ready for future road teams having to face that problem in the wildcard and division rounds.

The game was not that enthralling if you were not a Chiefs or Steelers fan.  But more people watch TV on Sunday night than Saturday night - now that the barrier has been broken Sunday night wild card and division round games are here to stay.  It's all about the $$$$$.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:47 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

I still think that Tomlin is a guy that focuses on his own team and what they are going to do to win, so stooping to those kind of comments about an upcoming opponent isn't really congruent with how I see him coaching.  Personally, I think its a mistake by Tomlin that shows insecurity towards the Patriots***, rather than confidence about the guys he has in his room.  

Movin, on.
I think it's just a difference of opinion on this and I respect your perspective since unlike me, you've coached and played. Anyhow, most important thing is you, me, Tomlin, and AB all want the Steelers to win next week.  

I agree.

In the end, this is a locker room and what is said there before the reporters are let in should be for those ears only. AB sets new precedent by letting the entire world of social media in, where they should not be. Brown's Social Media Gaffe  1505004552
Back to top Go down
HaleysVomit
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Silly comparison. Cowher was mocking the Bengals who did the same thing in their Heinz Field locker room aftger the Shoe Bomber also cleaned his spikes with the terrible towel.

What AB did was selfish, and all about his "Boomin'" brand. He's the biggest diva WR in Steelers history, even worse than Hines was.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 pm

HaleysVomit wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

Silly comparison.  Cowher was mocking the Bengals who did the same thing in their Heinz Field locker room aftger the Shoe Bomber also cleaned his spikes with the terrible towel.  

What AB did was selfish, and all about his "Boomin'" brand.  He's the biggest diva WR in Steelers history, even worse than Hines was.  

Welcome back with your latest username.  Good to see postin' is boomin' for you once again. Brown's Social Media Gaffe  1401235891
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown's Social Media Gaffe
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next