Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brown's Social Media Gaffe

Go down 
+17
Fire Arians
Rick5895
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
Jazzo
HaleysVomit
LambertWardSteel
kirklandrules
Steeler-in-west
OX1947
El-Gonzo Jackson
solardave
FrancoLambert
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
IowaSteeler927
jak341
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FrancoLambert

Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Overall I think it's a story about nothing.  

IMO the real problem isn't Tomlin calling the Pats* assholes.  I'm sure players and coaches call their opponents/long-time rivals far worse than that in the run-up to a game or after a game.

The real problem was AB's blatant disregard of Tomlin's request to cool it with the social media, and not being in the other room where Tomlin was wrapping things up with the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
This is a non-story. Maybe the real a-holes are the ones making a big deal about this in the media.

Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 3964572787

Unfortunately, as long as the drama queen fans keep buying into it and eating it up this "non-story", the media will run with it. Think about all the shit that went on in locker rooms in the 70's and 80's. A lot of the the past teams who eventually went on to win Super Bowls did a lot worse things that would definitely bring suspensions nowadays.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Good lord, it's the loccker room. Shit gets said in the locker room not meant to be streamed or aired on TV. It's not the first time, it probably won't be the last.

To be honest, I was actually excited to hear Tomlin speak to the team that way.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 6:57 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Good lord, it's the loccker room.  Shit gets said in the locker room not meant to be streamed or aired on TV.  It's not the first time, it probably won't be the last.

To be honest, I was actually excited to hear Tomlin speak to the team that way.

Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 792589548
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 8:57 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Good lord, it's the loccker room.  Shit gets said in the locker room not meant to be streamed or aired on TV.  It's not the first time, it probably won't be the last.

This SI.com writer agrees

Call me jaded, but the only shocking thing was that Tomlin didn’t opt for a stronger moniker—like something with the letters “m” and “f” or even worse. Most teams inherently dislike the Patriots*—you know, the too-much winning, the stigma of cheating—but the Steelers abhor them. Also, here’s a news flash: In the NFL, profanity is a far more spoken language than grammatical English

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/16/pittsburgh-steelers-antonio-brown-facebook-live-week-under-review
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:35 pm

I, too, was pumped to hear Tomlin talk like that. I figured he would call them window lickers or something PG like that.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:54 pm

AB is a bit self centered BUT this whole thing is a WHO CARES moment!! Every little thing, no matter how insignificant , seems to get blown way out of proportion.
What Tomlin said is a very little part of the feed and it's mostly AB's self absorption lol In fact I love the way Tomlin is fired up
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 11:15 pm

just my opinion, if the coach is talking nobody should have a phone out
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:03 am

From Jeremy Fowler at ESPN

Quote :
New England Patriots* receiver Julian Edelman when asked on WEEI's Ordway Merloni and Fauria show about Mike Tomlin's postgame comments documented on Antonio Brown's Facebook Live feed: "That's how that team is run. I personally don't think that would be something that would happen in our locker room, but, hey, whatever. Some people like red and some people like blue. Some people like tulips and some people like roses. Whatever."

That's how that team is run?? Really? exactly how have the Pats* been run the past 15 years?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:49 am

We're getting closer to the name change. Ochocuatro has a nice ring to it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :
New England Patriots** receiver Julian Edelman when asked on WEEI's Ordway Merloni and Fauria show about Mike Tomlin's postgame comments documented on Antonio Brown's Facebook Live feed: "That's how that team is run. I personally don't think that would be something that would happen in our locker room, but, hey, whatever. Some people like red and some people like blue. Some people like tulips and some people like roses. Whatever."

That's how that team is run?? Really? exactly how have the Pats** been run the past 15 years?

True that

Was going to post Edelman's snippy quote above

I think this actually hit a nerve with the Pats* - notice how they are firing back by sniping about how Tomlin runs the team

You would think the Pats* would get used to the rest of the league loathing them - as this great ESPN article established several years ago, Spygate will always stick

Spygate to Deflategate: Inside what split the NFL and Patriots* apart

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-Patriots*-apart
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :
New England Patriots** receiver Julian Edelman when asked on WEEI's Ordway Merloni and Fauria show about Mike Tomlin's postgame comments documented on Antonio Brown's Facebook Live feed: "That's how that team is run. I personally don't think that would be something that would happen in our locker room, but, hey, whatever. Some people like red and some people like blue. Some people like tulips and some people like roses. Whatever."

That's how that team is run?? Really? exactly how have the Pats** been run the past 15 years?

Well maybe Belichick doesn't call his opponents assholes but he certainly thinks of ways to cheat. Good though, this is definitely in their heads. I hope the assholes lose big and their dipshit fans get to see what it's like to lose a conference championship game at home.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 10:40 am

The Associated Press takes exaggeration to a new level.

"Coach Tomlin uses a vulgar word to describe the Patriots*."   Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 am

FrancoLambert wrote:

"Coach Tomlin uses a vulgar word to describe the Patriots**."   Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 1505004552

Don't people already think that about the Patriots*? lol
This isn't really 'new' information. The only thing 'new' is the fact that it was shown live on facesnap/chatinsta Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 1797695198

Like a few people have said did I like it yes cause it's neat to see stuff like that as a fan.
Was it the right thing to do not by a long shot, but that's because I believe you should respect your coach.

Funny thing is this happened during the playoffs so nothing will come of it but everyone remember when Santonio was caught with weed and Tomlin sat him for a game during 2008? if this were during the season I think the same might happen to Brown.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Tomlin ripped AB a new one in the media conference today

In other words, this ongoing s**t stops and it stops now if you want that big contract here
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Regarding AB, Tomlin also said not only is this a violation of team rules, it is a violation of NFL rules. Answering the question of whether the league has contacted the Steelers, Tomlin said they have not as of yet
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:33 pm

jak341 wrote:
Regarding AB, Tomlin also said not only is this a violation of team rules, it is a violation of NFL rules. Answering the question of whether the league has contacted the Steelers, Tomlin said they have not as of yet

Yep - cannot recall Tomlin ever blistering a player like this to the media

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:54 pm

The next words out of AB's mouth should be, "I'm sorry for being a distraction, disrespecting our coach, and violating the team's and the NFL's policy."

Not....."Business is Boomin" or "Calling God."
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:06 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :

Hope Sean Davis unloads on that douche.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:17 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
The next words out of AB's mouth should be, "I'm sorry for being a distraction, disrespecting our coach, and violating the team's and the NFL's policy."

Bingo.

There's no question that Brown is one the best, if not THE best, receivers in the league, but his ego is getting out of control. As Atlanta Dan said, Tomlin made the rare move of ripping Brown publicly. And even Ben doesn't seem too amused ...

"It’s an unfortunate situation that we’ve got to deal with right now. That’s a sacred place where things are said and hugs and tears, and it’s kind of a special place. So a little disappointed with AB for that. Coach talks and then I talk, and you just don’t want everyone to know what’s going on in there with the family. And also, I wish AB would have been listening to Coach and myself instead of being on the other side of the locker room filming.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/01/17/ben-roethlisberger-is-a-little-disappointed-with-antonio-brown/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Antonio Brown faces potential fine for Facebook post

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Brown faces a potential fine for going live on Facebook from the Pittsburgh locker room following the team's 18-16 playoff win over the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

The NFL is officially looking into the situation to determine if Brown violated the league's social media policy, which reads as follows:

"The use of social media by coaches, players, and other club football operations personnel is prohibited on game day (including halftime) beginning 90 minutes before kickoff until after the post-game locker room is open to the media and players have first fulfilled their obligation to be available to the news media who are at the game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775490/article/antonio-brown-faces-potential-fine-for-facebook-post

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

Bingo.

There's no question that Brown is one the best, if not THE best, receivers in the league, but his ego is getting out of control. As Atlanta Dan said, Tomlin made the rare move of ripping Brown publicly. And even Ben doesn't seem too amused ...

"It’s an unfortunate situation that we’ve got to deal with right now. That’s a sacred place where things are said and hugs and tears, and it’s kind of a special place. So a little disappointed with AB for that. Coach talks and then I talk, and you just don’t want everyone to know what’s going on in there with the family. And also, I wish AB would have been listening to Coach and myself instead of being on the other side of the locker room filming.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/01/17/ben-roethlisberger-is-a-little-disappointed-with-antonio-brown/

Double Bingo!!  Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 469886443
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 pm

The way I see it, Brown owes the team 3 TDs this weekend. Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:49 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
The way I see it, Brown owes the team 3 TDs this weekend. Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 1797695198

And all will be forgiven. Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 2:12 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:

"Coach Tomlin uses a vulgar word to describe the Patriots**."   Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 1505004552

And I'm sure belicheat describes the NFL team in Pittsburgh as those 'southern fellows'....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Brown's Social Media Gaffe  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown's Social Media Gaffe
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next