Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs Ben sending the Steelers a message? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?

Go down 
+17
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelersNorth
WVABE
Steeler-in-west
El-Gonzo Jackson
Wallace108
Steel Peon
Atlanta Dan
effyou515
vasteeler
IowaSteeler927
TheProfessor
SteelerFreak58
jak341
FrancoLambert
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? Empty
PostSubject: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 1:53 am

Is Roethlisberger sending the Steelers a message?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2017

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 631777610-e1485483964620

At a time when it’s fair to wonder whether the Steelers were sending a message to receiver Antonio Brown via leaks to NFL Network, it’s fair to wonder whether quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is sending a message to the Steelers with his retirement musings.

Peter King of TheMMQB.com visited Thursday’s PFT Live to discuss the efforts to read the tea leaves as to both players, and he believes Ben is trying to let the Steelers know that he wants to see improvement in the offense and that, if he doesn’t, he’ll eventually walk. Neither King nor I believe Ben is going to retire now (he’d owe the team $18.6 million in signing bonus money), but maybe he doesn’t play as long as he otherwise would if things don’t improve in the final few years of his career.

The Steelers should take this seriously, both as it relates to trying to keep their most important player happy and as it relates to preparing for life without him. They need to start scouring the draft now for the next franchise quarterback, which is far easier said than done.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/26/is-roethlisberger-sending-the-steelers-a-message/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 4:36 am

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 1401235891 Reading that he will have to pay back money makes it highly unlikely he'll walk away next year.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 6:05 am

Ben to wife:  "Honey, I think I'm going to retire.  I'll be able to spend more time with you and the kids.  Just one problem, I have to write a check to the Steelers for 18 million dollars."

Wife to Ben:  "No way!  You're playing next year!"

I don't care how much money you make...no one is going to give back 18 million just like that.   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 2087824411
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:05 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Ben to wife:  "Honey, I think I'm going to retire.  I'll be able to spend more time with you and the kids.  Just one problem, I have to write a check to the Steelers for 18 million dollars."

Wife to Ben: Get back to work BITCH!!!!

I don't care how much money you make...no one is going to give back 18 million just like that.   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 2087824411
Fixed it for you. Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:59 am

Again, I feel that he is coming back. And I also agree that he is sending some messages to the head office to reign in AB a bit and get some FA help this year.

Regardless, in all of this, it is clear that the Ben era is coming to an end soon. I don't think it is premature of any of us to start thinking at the era beyond.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:42 am

I got a message for the Steelers... you better get some pressure on Brady, you better play more man press next time... you better figure out how to adjust at half time... you better have a better game plan against the Patriots* if you want to sniff a SB ring...
Back to top Go down
TheProfessor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:43 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:

Wife to Ben:  "No way!  You're playing next year!"

If he asks to be traded? He'll give the Rooney's his bonus back. The Rooney's then give Ben the permission to work a trade, he would basically be a free agent.

Then when he's traded, they rework his contract.

He'd get $30 million for 2017 if he was on a new team.

Guaranteed.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:14 am

I think Ben will be back, but after recent video of a comment he made to Gilbert along the lines of "If I quit, I love you brother"... I kind of think he might've been somewhat serious. Who knows at this point? Could be Ben jockeying the Steelers to get things fixed, or it could just be Ben being a drama queen, or perhaps Ben is just human and having been banged up season after season, maybe he is contemplating retirement. If that's the case nobody can criticize him for that, he's given us so much over the years, and I think he's definitely earned the respect of Steeler Nation.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 9:48 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think Ben will be back, but after recent video of a comment he made to Gilbert along the lines of "If I quit, I love you brother"... I kind of think he might've been somewhat serious. Who knows at this point? Could be Ben jockeying the Steelers to get things fixed, or it could just be Ben being a drama queen, or perhaps Ben is just human and having been banged up season after season, maybe he is contemplating retirement. If that's the case nobody can criticize him for that, he's given us so much over the years, and I think he's definitely earned the respect of Steeler Nation.

of course i have no idea but i would think that is the reason

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:12 am

vasteeler wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

of course i have no idea but i would think that is the reason

I think so too. Ben is a competitor, always has been. Has played through injuries and put his body on the line. That's why I think some people need to tone it down thinking it's just him being a drama queen. Seeing what he said to Gilbert, that put it into perspective.

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:05 am

didn't really read the bullshit 13 years after the 2018 season Ben won't be the QB of the Steelers the front office already knows this.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 7:58 am

I know this. The off season is going to be long and dramatic. Is Ben retiring? Is Bryant going to put the pipe down? Can Bell stay on the field for an entire season. Is Fitchner going to be the new O.C.. (Sorry. I know he's banned but that shit cracks me up!)Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 3798349058 Back to being serious.

Is this the year we make a splash in free agency? Who goes, who stays? I can't wait for the draft.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 6:52 pm

And now Bradshaw returns to  Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 1689750825

As the Steelers’ season is over, you may think the Terry Bradshaw Steelers Opinion Tour would be over, too. You’d be wrong. Bradshaw, in Houston as part of Fox’s 10,000-person Super Bowl 51 coverage team, is saying stuff yet again.

Bradshaw wasn’t on video dropping the “pity move” line, but he said enough.

“If Ben was sitting right here, I’d say ‘Ben, why’d you say it? Don’t say that.”

“It gets blown out of proportion. You make the organization uncomfortable.”

Then Bradshaw made an airplane noise with his mouth. “I wouldn’t have said that. Keep that quiet.”

“Who’s he sending a message to? Coach? I’m already in enough trouble with that coach!”

And, of course, No. 12 loves No. 7: “Ben and I have had our moments, but I’ve said this — if I could take one player today and build my team around, it’d be him.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201701310276
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 3:16 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
And now Bradshaw returns to  Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 1689750825

As the Steelers’ season is over, you may think the Terry Bradshaw Steelers Opinion Tour would be over, too. You’d be wrong. Bradshaw, in Houston as part of Fox’s 10,000-person Super Bowl 51 coverage team, is saying stuff yet again.

Bradshaw wasn’t on video dropping the “pity move” line, but he said enough.

“If Ben was sitting right here, I’d say ‘Ben, why’d you say it? Don’t say that.”

“It gets blown out of proportion. You make the organization uncomfortable.”

Then Bradshaw made an airplane noise with his mouth. “I wouldn’t have said that. Keep that quiet.”

“Who’s he sending a message to? Coach? I’m already in enough trouble with that coach!”

And, of course, No. 12 loves No. 7: “Ben and I have had our moments, but I’ve said this — if I could take one player today and build my team around, it’d be him.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201701310276

I wish the media would just quit asking Bradshaw about the Steelers, but so long as he wants to keep making comments, they'll keep poking and prodding.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 5:41 am

What I wish is that the Steeler organization would just come out and dis-own Bradshaw or at least slap a disclaimer next to his name. Something saying because he hated his coach so much he turned his back on Steeler Nation and has been trying to blow it up ever since.

Hey Terry. He's better than you! He's more loyal to this team than you! Let that sink in while you STFU!!!!!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 8:23 am

solardave wrote:
What I wish is that the Steeler organization would just come out and dis-own Bradshaw or at least slap a disclaimer next to his name. Something saying because he hated his coach so much he turned his back on Steeler Nation and has been trying to blow it up ever since.

Hey Terry. He's better than you! He's more  loyal to this team than you! Let that sink in while you STFU!!!!!

I just have a hard time respecting the guy at all, I get he won 4 rings as our QB but he's also an asshole that skipped out on the Chief's Funeral, and the Emperor's. Then he has to cause a media storm by opening his dumb mouth and belching out hot garbage about Coach Tomlin, and Roethlisberger in the midst of, and after our journey through the playoffs.

Terry go back in the house and play with your GI Joes.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 10:24 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Hey Terry. He's better than you! He's more  loyal to this team than you! Let that sink in while you STFU!!!!!

I just have a hard time respecting the guy at all, I get he won 4 rings as our QB but he's also an asshole that skipped out on the Chief's Funeral, and the Emperor's. Then he has to cause a media storm by opening his dumb mouth and belching out hot garbage about Coach Tomlin, and Roethlisberger in the midst of, and after our journey through the playoffs.

AJR II had a good response

Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II doesn’t understand Terry Bradshaw’s point of view after the Hall of Fame Steeler called current coach Mike Tomlin a "cheerleader guy" and not a great coach.

"I didn’t agree with it, obviously," said Rooney when addressing a few local reporters Tuesday. "I’m not sure what prompted Terry to make that type of a comment. I haven’t talked to Terry about it. Maybe I will at some point. He’s still an all-time great Steeler and still love him for everything he did for this franchise. But he must have had a lapse in judgment."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/22696/steelers-president-disagrees-with-terry-bradshaw-says-mike-tomlin-did-great-job

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

AJR II had a good response

"lapse in judgement" in other words Terry is a bonehead who couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a! Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 1797695198
Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II doesn’t understand Terry Bradshaw’s point of view after the Hall of Fame Steeler called current coach Mike Tomlin a "cheerleader guy" and not a great coach.

"I didn’t agree with it, obviously," said Rooney when addressing a few local reporters Tuesday. "I’m not sure what prompted Terry to make that type of a comment. I haven’t talked to Terry about it. Maybe I will at some point. He’s still an all-time great Steeler and still love him for everything he did for this franchise. But he must have had a lapse in judgment."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/22696/steelers-president-disagrees-with-terry-bradshaw-says-mike-tomlin-did-great-job

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 1:55 pm

It would be sheer stupidity to not bring Haley back. The only issue the Offense had this year was poor red zone efficiency, considering the drop off in talent at WR passed AB and the absence of L Green as a target most of the year it is expected.

With Bryant coming back and hopefully Green a viable target next year the offense should be stacked to fix their red zone issues.

I am more worri d about our defense getting off the field on 3rd down and applying consistent pressure on opposing QBs.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Peter King of TheMMQB.com visited Thursday’s PFT Live to discuss the efforts to read the tea leaves as to both players, and he believes Ben is trying to let the Steelers know that he wants to see improvement in the offense

Et tu Peter? The only thing we need on offense is more than the 3 legit passing targets we have right now, so mostly the offense is fine, especially when considering how little Le'Veon played in the AFCCG.

So.......what on the team needs improved? Hmmm, let me see here......oh yeah, there's that......but, would Ben be leveraging improvement in that facet? I doubt it, even though it definitely needs major improvements, and I think we all know what I'm talking about.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Roethlisberger Says He’s “Leaning Towards” Playing In 2017

While Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has yet to say publicly that he’s fully committed to playing in 2017, many people obviously believe that’s his plan.

On Friday, Roethlisberger was asked if he’s coming back for the 2017 season during his speaking appearance at the Ignite Men’s Impact Weekend at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA and after a little urging from the crowd Roethlisberger responded.

“I’m leaning towards it,” the Steelers quarterback said while smiling.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/roethlisberger-says-hes-leaning-towards-playing-2017/
--------------------

Steeler Nation, you've been trolled. Ben LOL

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 2:50 pm

did anybody really think he was going to retire?

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 3:34 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Nope, but I thought he had matured and no longer felt the need to be all about the drama. I guess I thought wrong. No
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Nope, but I thought he had matured and no longer felt the need to be all about the drama.  I guess I thought wrong. No

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? 3964572787

Ben welcomes and loves any talk that involves him as the subject of attention.

I always thought he would play out his contract; I doubt it now.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 2:53 am

I never really believed he'd let that last stinker in New England (with a number of his key teammates out on offense) be the last game of his career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next