Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?

Go down 
+17
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelersNorth
WVABE
Steeler-in-west
El-Gonzo Jackson
Wallace108
Steel Peon
Atlanta Dan
effyou515
vasteeler
IowaSteeler927
TheProfessor
SteelerFreak58
jak341
FrancoLambert
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WVABE

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 9:56 am

If his heart isn't in the game, like I'm sensing, then he needs to retire.
He's holding back our next superstar, Mr. Jones.

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 2276209185
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 1:58 pm

There's no question that Ben can be a bit dramatic, but I think his comments after the Patriots** game came from a place of frustration. He knows how hard it is to get to a Super Bowl, and they were one win away. And he also knows that his window of opportunity is closing. So I don't blame him for figuratively throwing his hands up in the air and wanting to walk away in that moment.

But I don't want him playing any games. All he has to do is state definitively that he's coming back, and this story dies. We can't blame the media. This will continue to be a story only if Ben allows it to be a story.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 am

I don't want Ben to be like that clown that used to have his coach and teammates have to fly to his house and give him a reach around and have them all 'beg' for him to return.

I love Ben as our QB but fuck man, shit or get off the pot!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 12:23 am

Tomlin says Steelers are getting ready for life after Ben Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger’s flirtation with retirement this offseason reinforced an eventual sad reality for Steelers fans – Big Ben won’t play forever. But while fans might be coming to grips, the franchise has been preparing for Roethlisberger’s eventual retirement for years.

In an interview with NFL Network scheduled to air Wednesday, head coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers are preparing for next season with the idea that Big Ben will be under center but are well aware of what the future holds.

“I think we’ve been in that mindset for the last several years, that’s what this business tells us to be in,” Tomlin said. “We better start sharpening our sword in terms of evaluation of quarterbacks and what’s available to us or potentially available to us, that’s just due diligence. So yes, we have.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-tomlin-says-steelers-are-getting-ready-for-life-after-ben-roethlisberger-032617

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:07 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Ben Roethlisberger’s flirtation with retirement this offseason reinforced an eventual sad reality for Steelers fans – Big Ben won’t play forever. But while fans might be coming to grips, the franchise has been preparing for Roethlisberger’s eventual retirement for years.

In an interview with NFL Network scheduled to air Wednesday, head coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers are preparing for next season with the idea that Big Ben will be under center but are well aware of what the future holds.

“I think we’ve been in that mindset for the last several years, that’s what this business tells us to be in,” Tomlin said. “We better start sharpening our sword in terms of evaluation of quarterbacks and what’s available to us or potentially available to us, that’s just due diligence. So yes, we have.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-tomlin-says-steelers-are-getting-ready-for-life-after-ben-roethlisberger-032617

Jones is our backup,not our future. Mettenburg is not our future. Gradkowski will be gone by the end of camp. I know next year looks better for prospects but don't be surprised if they a shot in rounds 2 or 3 if someone like Kizer or Watson is there.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:02 am

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Jones is our backup,not our future. Mettenburg is not our future. Gradkowski will be gone by the end of camp. I know next year looks better for prospects but don't be surprised if they a shot in rounds 2 or 3  if someone like Kizer or Watson is there.

Should they 'waste' a pick on a QB this year they've effectively said they have given up trying to win another Super Bowl with Ben.

Now I'm openly admitting I don't watch college ball but every 'mock draft' I've seen no QB is taken in the top 10 or even 15. That doesn't exactly say 'franchise'. Yes there's an outside chance they take a guy later but the odds of getting the next Wilson or Prescott is pretty slim.

Having said all that; the fact that the Steelers are in need of other guys at some prime positions and we were 1 step away from the big game it would be 'smarter' to get said players that could step in right away no?

I'm obviously in the minority on here but I'd rather win 1 'potentially' 2 more and suffer a season or 2 if it were to go that way.

30 days until the draft now lol I guess we'll see Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 2893009358
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am

Here is to hoping we don't whiff on BBs replacement. The 80s were a terrible time to be a Steeler fan, down right hard on my soul!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 4:03 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Jones is our backup,not our future. Mettenburg is not our future. Gradkowski will be gone by the end of camp. I know next year looks better for prospects but don't be surprised if they a shot in rounds 2 or 3  if someone like Kizer or Watson is there.

Should they 'waste' a pick on a QB this year they've effectively said they have given up trying to win another Super Bowl with Ben.

Now I'm openly admitting I don't watch college ball but every 'mock draft' I've seen no QB is taken in the top 10 or even 15. That doesn't exactly say 'franchise'. Yes there's an outside chance they take a guy later but the odds of getting the next Wilson or Prescott is pretty slim.

Having said all that; the fact that the Steelers are in need of other guys at some prime positions and we were 1 step away from the big game it would be 'smarter' to get said players that could step in right away no?

I'm obviously in the minority on here but I'd rather win 1 'potentially' 2 more and suffer a season or 2 if it were to go that way. (suffer a season or 2? You weren't a fan back then.We went through 7 QBs after Bradshaw retired before we got Ben. 7. No one thought that would be Terry's last year either.But lets wait until Ben retires. Maybe we get lucky and all the teams that need to draft one do it this year so a really good one falls to us next year. I'm good with that but you don't mail out a bill the day it's due!

30 days until the draft now lol I guess we'll see Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 2893009358
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 8:32 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I'm obviously in the minority on here but I'd rather win 1 'potentially' 2 more and suffer a season or 2 if it were to go that way.

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 1505004552  good gawd ...now (or last year) is the perfect time to get serious about using a top 2 pick to find Ben's replacement. he basically gave his 2 week notice , so how the steelers respond could be the difference between staying competitive or joining the browns in the cellar for the next decade.  personally if pat mahomes is there at #30 , i'd roll the dice and take him. as others have said , i was alive and a fan during those aweful years of mark malone, cliff stoud ,david woodley , kent grahm ,bubby brister , etc..etc...and those were not good years to be a fan.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 7:16 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 1505004552  good gawd ...now (or last year) is the perfect time to get serious about using a top 2 pick to find Ben's replacement. he basically gave his 2 week notice , so how the steelers respond could be the difference between staying competitive or joining the browns in the cellar for the next decade.  personally if pat mahomes is there at #30 , i'd roll the dice and take him. as others have said , i was alive and a fan during those aweful years of mark malone, cliff stoud ,david woodley , kent grahm ,bubby brister , etc..etc...and those were not good years to be a fan.

I'm with you there. Ike Taylor tried to convince the FO to draft Dak Prescott. I know Ike is not a scout but in this case he was right.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I'm with you there. Ike Taylor tried to convince the FO to draft Dak Prescott. I know Ike is not a scout but in this case he was right.

I'm still not 100% sold on Prescott. If he strings together back to back impressive seasons then I'll be a believer, but I think the jury is still out on him. He plays behind an elite offensive line, and has one of the best running backs in the league, as well as one of the best receivers. If he can keep it up and put the team on his shoulders at times, then I'll believe he's great and not just another one year wonder like Kaepernick, or RGIII.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 8:19 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I swear there is a rule somewhere on this forum that these names are never to be mentioned for the sanity of all who remember these days.

How could you bring them up? You sir, deserve to receive my medical bill for mental therapy! Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 1549491426 Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 1549491426

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I swear there is a rule somewhere on this forum that these names are never to be mentioned for the sanity of all who remember these days.

How could you bring them up?  You sir, deserve to receive my medical bill for mental therapy!  Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 1549491426 Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 1549491426

Oh come on they couldn't of been that bad... (watches old film) Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 1883569342

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I'm still not 100% sold on Prescott. If he strings together back to back impressive seasons then I'll be a believer, but I think the jury is still out on him. He plays behind an elite offensive line, and has one of the best running backs in the league, as well as one of the best receivers. If he can keep it up and put the team on his shoulders at times, then I'll believe he's great and not just another one year wonder like Kaepernick, or RGIII.

For sure the next couple seasons will tell. I could be wrong but I'm convinced that we shouldn't wait until Ben retires or has a career ending injury to look for his replacement. By replacement I mean the likes of Brister,Malone,Woodley,O'dumbass and Stewart. We need a future franchise QB learning from Ben sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 am

The Steelers should trade for Blake Bortles once BR7 retires.

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 7:12 am

SteelersYak wrote:
lol, who knows, behind a descent offensive line he may be the real deal Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 12:43 pm

WVABE wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
lol, who knows, behind a descent offensive line he may be the real deal Rolling Eyes

Honestly I wouldn't be against this. He's the lone bright spot on an a very crappy, almost cleveland bad football team.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:38 am

From walterfootball.com:

Steelers Gauging Interest in DeShone Kizer
Updated April 25, 2017
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

For weeks now, Walter and I have had the Steelers taking Notre Dame quarterback DeShone Kizer in the first round of our 2017 NFL Mock Drafts. Weeks ago, sources told us that the Steelers were high on Kizer.

In the final days before the draft, WalterFootball.com has learned from team sources that Steelers have been asking around to other teams, trying to gauge where Kizer could be drafted and who could be interested in taking him. Pittsburgh has to start planning for the retirement of Ben Roethlisberger and it sounds as though Kizer is viewed as their developmental starter in waiting while Roethlisberger finishes out his career.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill

I seriously hope this isn't true. I don't like Kizer at all. If they should go QB (I would wait until next year) then at least let it be Mahomes or Watson in the first or Kaaya in the third.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?   Is Ben sending the Steelers a message? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Ben sending the Steelers a message?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2