Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBryant takes shot at Coates? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bryant takes shot at Coates?

Go down 
+9
Hawaii 5-0
IowaSteeler927
El-Gonzo Jackson
Fire Arians
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
kan_t
Wallace108
Geordie
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Bryant takes shot at Coates? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 pm

And Bryant isn't reacting to the news too well...or perhaps he is reacting too well.

https://twitter.com/ThaBestUNO/status/858132615475245056

Last edited by jak341 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I was surprised by the pick, but it's already looking good. Wow, is Bryant high?

Martavis Bryant @ThaBestUNO
lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back.

Wow...I really don't know what to say about this.

Edit: And we have Coates's response.

Sammie Coates‏@sammiecoates11

Hahahahahaha

Keep an eye on this one.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 pm

That's brutal from Bryant.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 pm

jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
I was surprised by the pick, but it's already looking good. Wow, is Bryant high?

lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back.

Hahahahahaha

Keep an eye on this one.

Best case scenario, it was just Bryant joking around with Coates. But that's not how everyone else is taking it. That's certainly not how I took it. Bryant will have some explaining to do.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Hahahahahaha

Keep an eye on this one.

Best case scenario, it was just Bryant joking around with Coates. But that's not how everyone else is taking it. That's certainly not how I took it. Bryant will have some explaining to do.

Makes you wonder if Bryant has got one foot out of town already, although his trade value has got to be low.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Well, it looks like Bryant wasn't joking. And he's doubling down.

It's a business so I treat it like that.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Well, the OTAs are going to be a bit awkward.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:58 pm

jak341 wrote:
Makes you wonder if Bryant has got one foot out of town already, although his trade value has got to be low.

I can't even begin to speculate. I'm still in shock from his display of stupidity. Might be time for a "random" drug test.

Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:00 pm

The Steelers know they can't trust Bryant and Bryant shows that the Steelers are 100% correct.

Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:01 pm

jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Not sure he will still be a Steeler by that time.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 pm

kan_t wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Not sure he will still be a Steeler by that time.

This may be true, but we are going to lose him for next to nothing.

Or we could be running 4 WR sets all the time.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 pm

I made this its own topic since it will overshadow discussion of Smith-Schuster.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Tomlin responds ...

Mike Tomlin @CoachTomlin
Play nice boys. @ThaBestUNO @sammiecoates11

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:37 pm

I hope Bryant was just joking around.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Well, that was quick. Bryant already deleted the tweets.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:14 am

wtf, did he take a bong rip before posting such a moronic thing?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 am

JF: Will you say anything to the team if you go back?

MB: No. What happened happened. What’s done is done. There’s nothing for me to say. Just move on and show with my actions. They’ll see on the field. I’m not going to go back and say nothing. They’re grown men.

JF: Last year, when you were banned, Ben Roethlisberger said you had lied to him. Are you worried about your relationship with your quarterback?

MB: I’m a grown man and he’s a grown man. I’m not going up to another grown man and explain my business to him. I understand he’s my teammate and I love my teammate and he’s a leader. But I have my own life and he has his own life.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/martavis-bryant-suspension-steelers-marijuana-reinstatement

That is part of an interview with Bryant earlier this year. IMO, the kid shows no concern for his teammates or feelings of accountability to them. Seems a bit selfish and why I really don't count on him being a Steeler long term, if he can even get thru the year.

This tweet is just another indication of the wrong type of attitude on the young man.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:55 am

Tomlin basically told him STFU in nice terms. Stupid comment that didn't need to be made, but perhaps it serves as extra motivation for Coates. Still, no need to create that kind of drama. Bryant should shut the hell up after the stupidity he pulled last season. Start acting like a Steeler, and less like a Bengal.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 2:35 am

Martavis Bryant to Sammie Coates: Drafted WR is your replacement

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin probably didn't expect to play social media mediator to two of his wide receivers while preparing for the NFL draft in the war room.

Tomlin tweeted Sammie Coates and Martavis Bryant to "play nice boys" after friendly fire over the Steelers' selection of USC receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster with the 62nd overall pick.

Bryant, the prodigious but troubled wideout who just recently was conditionally reinstated by the league after serving a yearlong suspension, tweeted shortly after the pick: "lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back."

Coates replied to Bryant, "Hahahahahaha."

Bryant eventually deleted the tweet. Coates also responded to Tomlin, saying: "No nice playing in football. See you Monday coach."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19268991/pittsburgh-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-tweets-sammie-coates-martavis-bryant-wr-friendly-fire
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 7:47 am

I like it Bryant is coming in with a chip on his shoulder saying to Coates I'm coming back.

don't really like the tweets but Bryant is a better all around WR then Coates as I saw last season and imo Coates was drafted because of Bryant's fuck up.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 8:38 am

What did he tweet?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 am

effyou515 wrote:
I like it Bryant is coming in with a chip on his shoulder saying to Coates I'm coming back.

don't really like the tweets but Bryant is a better all around WR then Coates as I saw last season and imo Coates was drafted because of Bryant's fuck up.

True, the Steelers knew of Bryant's issues, because they don't suspend you 1 year on the first offense. Coates is an explosive athlete, but not a great hands catcher of the football and doesn't track the deep ball very well.

Bryant is back, I hope he can stay clean for his sake, but a lot of things point to this story not ending well for him. Smith-Schuster is a good pickup and a young, big target that will work hard and Ben needs that.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 9:51 am

WVABE wrote:
What did he tweet?

Read the 2nd post on this thread.

Honestly guys, why do you think Bryant tweeted that? Is it because he feels insecure and threatened that the Steelers drafted a WR at #2? Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 10:23 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Honestly guys, why do you think Bryant tweeted that?  Is it because he feels insecure and threatened that the Steelers drafted a WR at #2?  Obviously.  

Bingo.

If it's just business, like he tweeted later, why would he be concerned about who the 3rd or 4th receiver is? Especially when he doesn't seem to care much about his teammates. I think he made the first tweet because of his own insecurity.

For someone who talks a lot about "grown men," he sure does act like an immature teenager. It's one thing to call yourself a grown man, it's another thing to act like one.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 am

IDK, I kinda thought it was funny. Seemed more like locker room jocularity than an actual insult. It's one of those jokes that would drive a little extra competition between Bryant and Coats. If Bryant had kept this as a group text sent to the Steelers WRs, the joke is better received. I blame the lack of Mary J for the poor timing of the punchline.  
Bryant takes shot at Coates? 3121608646
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bryant takes shot at Coates?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next