Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bryant takes shot at Coates?

Go down 
+9
Hawaii 5-0
IowaSteeler927
El-Gonzo Jackson
Fire Arians
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
kan_t
Wallace108
Geordie
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Bryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 11:11 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Seemed more like locker room jocularity than an actual insult.

I considered that as a possibility at first, but after fans came at him hard, he doubled down with this ...

Martavis Bryant @ThaBestUNO
It's a business so I treat it like that

If he was joking, he would have told fans to relax, that it was just a joke between teammates. But instead, he doubled down. Tomlin even got involved to squash it. Going forward, I won't be surprised if they try to play it off as a joke so that it goes away and doesn't become a distraction. But watching it play out in real time, it wasn't a joke.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Honestly guys, why do you think Bryant tweeted that?  Is it because he feels insecure and threatened that the Steelers drafted a WR at #2?  Obviously.  

Bingo.

If it's just business, like he tweeted later, why would he be concerned about who the 3rd or 4th receiver is? Especially when he doesn't seem to care much about his teammates. I think he made the first tweet because of his own insecurity.

For someone who talks a lot about "grown men," he sure does act like an immature teenager. It's one thing to call yourself a grown man, it's another thing to act like one.

I agree Wally. It gives some hints into the mindset of Bryant right now and that concerns me that he will not make it thru a season without some issues or controversy.

I read Coach John Wooden's book "My Personal Best", and Coach Wooden always talked about his teams not being concerned with what the competition was doing, because that cannot be controlled and isn't nearly as important as what his team and players can control. Bryant needs to be concerned with what he can control and working together with his teammates towards a shared goal of a championship. Instead he is focusing on who was drafted and treating his teammates as adversaries or competition.

Love the Ju Ju pick even more now!! Feel like he, Eli Rogers, Ayers, Hunter can all give AB some help.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 2:47 pm

I completely forgot about Bryant's tweet after we signed Justin Hunter and people were comparing him to Bryant ...

Martavis Bryant ✔ @ThaBestUNO
Stop it with the non sense people go check my film out and compare it..

Dude is definitely insecure and, as gonzo said, views his teammates as adversaries.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I completely forgot about Bryant's tweet after we signed Justin Hunter and people were comparing him to Bryant ...

Martavis Bryant ✔ @ThaBestUNO
Stop it with the non sense people go check my film out and compare it..

Dude is definitely insecure and, as gonzo said, views his teammates as adversaries.

I forget Justin Hunter was on the team...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 8:39 am

For someone saying he will prove himself on the field and that he is a grown man I have to wonder about his own self image. My question is: Does he feel threatened by Shuster? IMO Bryant is one hit away from never playing in the NFL again. That hit could come from a linebacker or a bong. The second one has the most probability. It seems like this guy is turning into T.O. lite right in front of our eyes. There is an old saying I'm partial to: "what you're doing speaks so loud that I can't hear what you're saying"!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bryant takes shot at Coates?   Bryant takes shot at Coates? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bryant takes shot at Coates?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2