Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhat games are you going to this year? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

What games are you going to this year?

Go down 
+9
Sportsfans
Steeler-in-west
Wallace108
Drizztbob
schillah
SteelersNorth
stlrtruck
solardave
IowaSteeler927
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

What games are you going to this year? Empty
PostSubject: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 7:02 am

Curious to see how many of you are going to any games in person this year. I am planning on going to the Steelers - Bears game in Chicago on Sunday, September 24th. I have a few choices for close games this year as the Steelers will play at Arrowhead, at Soldier Field, and at Ford Field as well. I have already been to Arrowhead, and while I've been around the outside of Soldier Field I've never been inside of it. I don't feel comfortable going anywhere near Detroit to be honest, so I'll skip that one. As much as I'd love to go to a game in Pittsburgh again this year, it's more financially feasible for me to attend a game here in the midwest.

So anyways... Any of you guys planning on going to any games?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 7:25 am

Now that I'm retired I have plenty of time- not enough money. I can't justify paying what they want for tickets so I guess I'll be home watching them.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 am

solardave wrote:
Now that I'm retired I have plenty of time- not enough money. I can't justify paying what they want for tickets so I guess I'll be home watching them.

Yeah they're definitely expensive. I've found though that if you wait until pretty close to gameday that people sell their tickets for significantly less.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 10:22 am

all of them via TV, online viewing, or satellite radio

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION What games are you going to this year? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 am

I'm travelling for Toronto, Canada and going to 2 games and pushing for a 3rd lol
The 2 will be the 31st and 32nd I've seen in person since 2006.
Jags October 8th
Ravens December 11th are locks.
Trying to figure out Detroit as its only 4hrs away and I've got Windsor there so I can gamble at Caesars lol
For Iowa, Detroit isn't that bad it just looks shady. Mind you I wouldn't recommend you just 'hang out' there lol
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 12:06 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
all of them via TV, online viewing, or satellite radio

That's me.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 pm

first steeler game for me :) vs the Vikings. Coming from NY

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 11:25 am

I will be going to the Viks and Pats* game this year.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 am

schillah wrote:

You never forget your first time. What games are you going to this year? 2981382511

My first Steelers game was on Monday night when they played the old Browns for the last time at Three Rivers. Going to a game is every bit as fun as you expect it to be.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
schillah wrote:

You never forget your first time. What games are you going to this year? 2981382511

My first Steelers game was on Monday night when they played the old Browns for the last time at Three Rivers. Going to a game is every bit as fun as you expect it to be.

My first (and latest) steeler game was in 1990 against the La Raiders at the coliseum. Steelers lost as Bubby Brister was running for his life the whole game, but I agree seeing the steelers play in person is an awesome experience one doesn't forget. Hope to see them when they visit the rams or chargers next time.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 4:47 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
schillah wrote:

My first (and latest) steeler game was in 1990 against the La Raiders at the coliseum. Steelers lost as Bubby Brister was running for his life the whole game, but I agree seeing the steelers play in person is an awesome experience one doesn't forget. Hope to see them when they visit the rams or chargers next time.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 2:34 am

My first was 2011 Sunday Night Football against the Chiefs at Arrowhead. My first at Heinz was last season, Week 2 against the Bungles and it was glorious!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 7:51 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
My first was 2011 Sunday Night Football against the Chiefs at Arrowhead. My first at Heinz was last season, Week 2 against the Bungles and it was glorious!

... and wet. What games are you going to this year? 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 1:16 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

... and wet. What games are you going to this year? 1797695198

Haha yes it was! Funny story regarding the rain (if I've told this one before please forgive me). Before the game started I was approached by a Bengals fan. He was with his friend who was a Steelers fan. Since Mr. Bengals Fan hadn't brought a poncho his friend bought him one at Heinz, a Steelers one of course. So Mr. Bengals fan approached me and politely asked if I'd be willing to swap out my clear poncho for his Steelers one. His friend (the Steelers fan) tried to talk me out of it, but being a good sport I told him I'd make the switch. I figured it would be a souvenir for me to keep with a story behind it, and he'd see the good side of Steelers fans. I told him he had to tell everyone that a Steelers fan was nice to him as a condition of the trade. I got a pretty good kick out of the whole situation!

But yeah that game was a monsoon and it was AWESOME. It's football, weather is part of the experience, I actually loved that it was pouring rain.

Sportsfans
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 pm

solardave wrote:

Agreed. Tickets are astronomical these days. Steel Super Bowl tickets are $20/week right now on ticketscore.com, no sense in paying full price when we make it.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Honestly , I prefer it on T. V. Not to mention I have seen them in person 5 times... All losses

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 8:17 am

vasteeler wrote:
Honestly , I prefer it on T. V. Not to mention I have seen them in person 5 times... All losses

Yes sir, you stay home and watch it! What games are you going to this year? 1549491426

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 12:21 pm

vasteeler wrote:

I've been to only 4 games, but the Steelers are 4-0 in those games. You guys should start a GoFundMe campaign and buy me playoff tickets. What games are you going to this year? 677999948 What games are you going to this year? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:10 am

Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I've been to only 4 games, but the Steelers are 4-0 in those games. You guys should start a GoFundMe campaign and buy me playoff tickets. What games are you going to this year? 677999948 What games are you going to this year? 1797695198

I hope you aren't driving to the games! What games are you going to this year? 1549491426

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Well I just bought some tickets... to Heinz Field again! After looking at ticket exchange prices for the Bears game I found tickets at Heinz are actually cheaper, and for better seats. Found a lady on Pittsburgh Craigslist, a season ticket holder, who was selling all the games she couldn't make it to this season. So I scored tickets to the Vikings game (home opener) at a good price. Will be sitting in Section 117, exactly the opposite side of where I sat last year.

Super excited, and can't wait until September 17th!

SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:16 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Well I just bought some tickets... to Heinz Field again! After looking at ticket exchange prices for the Bears game I found tickets at Heinz are actually cheaper, and for better seats. Found a lady on Pittsburgh Craigslist, a season ticket holder, who was selling all the games she couldn't make it to this season. So I scored tickets to the Vikings game (home opener) at a good price. Will be sitting in Section 117, exactly the opposite side of where I sat last year.

Dang man, I'm trying to get to the opener still. I usually sit in 116, right below there!

But yeah, my usual hookups are being stingy and it doesn't help the Steelers have this tiered pricing scheme now. The opener, Packers, Patriots* and one other game (Ravens) are all different pricing. What they started doing is taking the preseason and cutting $30-40 off the face value then spreading that around to other games and jacking the price. So when you see the Packers or Pats* tickets higher on secondary market sites like StubHub, that's why. (And obviously a more popular game than the Titans on Thursday night.)

For season ticket holders, the overall cost doesn't change at all. Still the same full season fee, just the individual face values are all jacked now.

http://steelcityunderground.com
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 am

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Dang man, I'm trying to get to the opener still. I usually sit in 116, right below there!

But yeah, my usual hookups are being stingy and it doesn't help the Steelers have this tiered pricing scheme now. The opener, Packers, Patriots** and one other game (Ravens) are all different pricing. What they started doing is taking the preseason and cutting $30-40 off the face value then spreading that around to other games and jacking the price. So when you see the Packers or Pats** tickets higher on secondary market sites like StubHub, that's why. (And obviously a more popular game than the Titans on Thursday night.)

For season ticket holders, the overall cost doesn't change at all. Still the same full season fee, just the individual face values are all jacked now.

Would be cool to meet you there! Getting close to gameday!

FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:03 pm

vasteeler wrote:

All losses?

Then please become a Ravens fan and start going to their games.

We'll all chip in. What games are you going to this year? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:08 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

All losses?

Then please become a Ravens fan and start going to their games.

We'll all chip in. What games are you going to this year? 1797695198

Seconded, take my money! Got enough vacation time to make a trip to foxborough too? I'll throw in a brady jersey What games are you going to this year? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about playoffs, you kidding me? PLAYOFFS? I just hope the Steelers can win a game, another game What games are you going to this year? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What games are you going to this year?   What games are you going to this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

What games are you going to this year?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next