Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land

Go down 
+2
effyou515
BlackAndGold
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land Empty
PostSubject: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 am

NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia — One of the coolest head coaches in the NFL showed up looking the part earlier this month at the Hampton Roads All-Star Football Camp, rockin’ camouflage shorts, a white T-shirt, a white baseball cap and unlaced black Air Jordans. Then, Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers put in work.

After he dapped up campers, who eagerly greeted the hometown superstar, there were drills for him to oversee. Tomlin encouraged players to push harder. He corrected their technique. Later, he exhorted the group to maximize opportunities.

Tomlin spent the day leading. It’s what he does best.

“You always want people, especially young people, to look at how you handle your business and see that you’re doing things the right way,” Tomlin said while footballs whizzed past on the field at Christopher Newport University.

“And you can always use any situation as a teaching situation. Hopefully, you show them the right way one time, they’ll know what to do the next time.”

Although it seems like yesterday that Tomlin, then only 36, became the youngest coach to lead a team to a Super Bowl championship (Pittsburgh won the 2008-09 title), he has grown into one of the best in his business regardless of experience. The league’s third-longest-tenured sideline boss — only Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots* and Marvin Lewis of the Cincinnati Bengals have been on the job longer — Tomlin enters his 11th season in Pittsburgh with a .644 winning percentage in the regular season.

Continue reading here: https://theundefeated.com/features/nfl-mike-tomlin-steelers-2017-2018-promised-land/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:56 pm

He says that very year. Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 5:42 am

effyou515 wrote:
He says that very year. Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land 1797695198

The difference this year is that he has youth,experience and more depth. I think we have a pretty good shot this year.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 1:56 pm

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

The difference this year is that he has youth,experience and more depth. I think we have a pretty good shot this year.

Yeah we seem to have all the pieces for a strong run this year. The one thing that pisses me off is Goodell taking his sweet time reinstating MB. Are we even going to get him back before the season begins or is it just a huge cock tease?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Yeah we seem to have all the pieces for a strong run this year. The one thing that pisses me off is Goodell taking his sweet time reinstating MB. Are we even going to get him back before the season begins or is it just a huge cock tease?

FIRE GOODELL!!! That's what I say. Or suspend him for a season without pay for mismanagement. Calling him a douche bag is an insult to douche bags.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 5:47 pm

solardave wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

FIRE GOODELL!!! That's what I say. Or suspend him for a season without pay for mismanagement. Calling him a douche bag is an insult to douche bags.

I called a douche bag co-worker roger goodell, it really pissed him off. Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 5:56 pm

effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I called a douche bag co-worker roger goodell, it really pissed him off. Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land 1797695198

Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land 2573146105
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 12:58 am

Bryant will be back, but I am not banking on him for an entire season. I'm ready to ride with AB, JuJu, Rodgers, Hunter and if Martavis plays 19 games....awesome!

Bell, James and Grimble add to the reception total as well.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 7:52 am

I'm hearing a lot of good things in the camp notes about Justin Hunter, he's been making some plays and seems to have a little bit of chemistry with Ben. If he keeps it up I don't see any reason he shouldn't push DHB further down the depth chart or off the team. I think Hunter has a chance to be a surprisingly good player for us, he didn't exactly have world-beaters tossing him the football in Tennessee, or Buffalo for that matter. Mariota is probably the best QB he played with. Ben is the kind of QB that makes his teammates better, which may work in Justin Hunter's favor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land   Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Tomlin aims to lead the Steelers to the promised land
Page 1 of 1