Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHinez field playing surface Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hinez field playing surface

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Hinez field playing surface Empty
PostSubject: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 2:35 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/08/04/heinz-field-turf-problems-steelers-2017-new-scoreboard-daktronics/stories/201708040149

one day they might get the field right.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 8:44 am

We're ranked around the middle of the pack and that's probably as good as it gets. If they don't like playing they can stay home. They'll all skired of us anyway. Hinez field playing surface 184121345
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 12:45 am

good to see Heinz field is up-dating underneath the sod surface instead of just laying new sod.

artificial turf or natural grass.

I was just thinking with all the games played on Heinz field surface Steelers Panthers and High School playoff games which would up better. which would be better for team speed the Steelers have been drafting.

What I have read so far natural grass is cheaper in the long term (seems their always re-sodding Heinz field) artificial turf is hotter on sunny days.

artificial turf has come a long way since Astro Turf.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 1:07 am

solardave wrote:
We're ranked around the middle of the pack and that's probably as good as it gets. If they don't like playing they can stay home. They'll all skired of us anyway. Hinez field playing surface 184121345

kind of narrow minded thinking Dave not putting your thinking down but my thinking is the better playing surface you get better play out of your football team.

the speed the Steelers have been drafting on defense wouldn't you want a surface to maximize that speed?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 4:38 am

effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:

kind of narrow minded thinking Dave not putting your thinking down but my thinking is the better playing surface you get better play out of your football team.

the speed the Steelers have been drafting on defense wouldn't you want a surface to maximize that speed?

For the last 3 years or so I've heard announcers say how much better our field is. Our speedy players will be on worse fields than ours several times this year. It is what it is. For us to be middle of the field is OK with me.
You can call me narrow minded. I'd rather see money go to signing Bell and extending contracts of Key players than worry about our field that I don't hear our own players complaining about.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 8:21 pm

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:

For the last 3 years or so I've heard announcers say how much better our field is. Our speedy players will be on worse fields than ours several times this year. It is what it is. For us to be middle of the field is OK with me.
You can call me narrow minded. I'd rather see money go to signing Bell and extending contracts of Key players than worry about our field that I don't hear our own players complaining about.

the money that is spent on the field has nothing to do with players salary.

Everything from the grass to the soil is gone,” Nick Sero, head of corporate communications at the stadium, said Friday.

This time, though, the Steelers brought in a full, fresh system of Kentucky bluegrass from Tuckahoe, N.J., and laid it over a brand-new set of heating pipes. Bluegrass is better suited for cold climates than, say, Bermuda grass, and New Jersey soil’s larger proportion of sand allows for better drainage than clay-based Pennsylvania soil. Nothing new there.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/08/04/heinz-field-turf-problems-steelers-2017-new-scoreboard-daktronics/stories/201708040149

maybe this will get Heinz field in the top 10.

one thing i miss living up north are the Kentucky blue grass lawns.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 am

Since I've lived here in Kentucky for almost 20 years I've seen bluegrass. I will say this if they use the grass that grows over septic systems here that shit would never break down. (Pun intended) Hinez field playing surface 469886443
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 2:56 am

solardave wrote:
Since I've lived here in Kentucky for almost 20 years I've seen bluegrass. I will say this if they use the grass that grows over septic systems here that shit would never break down. (Pun intended) Hinez field playing surface 469886443

Hinez field playing surface 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hinez field playing surface   Hinez field playing surface Empty

Back to top Go down

Hinez field playing surface
Page 1 of 1