Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him

Go down 
+6
BKAnthem
solardave
Stella Nation
WVABE
Fire Arians
Master_Of_Puppets
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him Empty
PostSubject: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 10:09 pm

oh snap...way to make your teammate look like a chump... Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him 1505004552
Quote :

"During a 1-on-1 corners/receivers drill, Brown easily juked Cockrell and waltzed into the end zone after catching a (Ben) Roethlisberger pass," Adamski wrote. "As Cockrell walked away dejectedly, Brown ran straight to Burns, who was stretching on the sidelines, and told him: 'We miss you! I need you out here! This is too easy!' Cockrell was near enough to hear the exchange. He didn't show any amusement."
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Antonio-Brown-Its-too-easy-with-Ross-Cockrell-covering-him-105873464
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 am

It's a bit harsh but it's true. Cockrell is a #2 CB, and he's trying to cover the best WR in the league. Total mismatch. The only player who has a prayer of covering him on our defense is Burns.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 4:17 am

I see this as a chance for Cockrell to improve his skills.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 6:26 am

From time to time we all need a good slap in the face.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 am

Once Bryant returns, I would let Burns and Cockrell alternately cover AB and Bryant. It will make them both better going up against different types of strong WR's.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 7:21 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Once Bryant returns, I would let Burns and Cockrell alternately cover AB and Bryant. It will make them both better going up against different types of strong WR's.

You're right. If they can cover those 2 they can hold their own against anyone out there.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 2:16 am

Cockrell is a zone CB thats why rex cut him in Buffalo, he likes his cbs to play man...he's going to be at a disadvantage in man press
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 10:00 am

BKAnthem wrote:
Cockrell is a zone CB thats why rex cut him in Buffalo, he likes his cbs to play man...he's going to be at a disadvantage in man press

Rex cut him because he didn't like his feet. Rex is a foot guy Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him 2981382511

Seriously, are we really valuing what Rex Ryan's opinion is of anything??
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 2:12 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

Rex cut him because he didn't like his feet.  Rex is a foot guy Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him 2981382511

Yeah, his feet didn't make him a good man CB...say what you want Rex knows Defense at the least
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 4:00 pm

BKAnthem wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

Rex cut him because he didn't like his feet.  Rex is a foot guy Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him 2981382511

Yeah, his feet didn't make him a good man CB...say what you want Rex knows Defense at the least

What evidence is there really of Rex defensive mastermind ability? Was it his time as Ravens DC? I wonder if it was personnel on those defenses, as Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan, Chuck Pagano, Greg Mattison all seemed to have success as DC with the Ravens over the years.

Personally, when Rex Ryan was removed from a team that Ozzie Newsome built, he struggled and became the focus of a side show that was disguised as football teams in NY and Buffalo. I don't view him as a coach that is somebody I want making too many decisions other than day to day coaching of players.

As for Cockrell, the kid is a good CB and yes probably plays zone better, but says he likes to play man as well. Yesterday was not a good showing for the Steelers pass defense, but its game 2 of preseason and not anything that counts in the standings, but fans love to over react to meaningless football.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 4:54 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

What evidence is there really of Rex defensive mastermind ability?  Was it his time as Ravens DC?  I wonder if it was personnel on those defenses, as Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan, Chuck Pagano, Greg Mattison all seemed to have success as DC with the Ravens over the years.

Personally, when Rex Ryan was removed from a team that Ozzie Newsome built, he struggled and became the focus of a side show that was disguised as football teams in NY and Buffalo.  I don't view him as a coach that is somebody I want making too many decisions other than day to day coaching of players.

As for Cockrell, the kid is a good CB and yes probably plays zone better, but says he likes to play man as well.  Yesterday was not a good showing for the Steelers pass defense, but its game 2 of preseason and not anything that counts in the standings, but fans love to over react to meaningless football.

I live in NY and His Jet defenses were always pretty good...can't speak to Buff, i didnt see enough of there games but he did his thing in NY. as for Cockrell dude is a zone CB, yeah he was better than that bust Doran Grant that you liked so much but his man/press skills don't lend itself to him being successful playing that way no matter how bad he wants to.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 5:01 pm

You can't put a sorry ass CB like Cockrell on him
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 6:05 pm

BKAnthem wrote:

I live in NY and His Jet defenses were always pretty good...can't speak to Buff, i didnt see enough of there games but he did his thing in NY. as for Cockrell dude is a zone CB, yeah he was better than that bust Doran Grant that you liked so much but his man/press skills don't lend itself to him being successful  playing that way no matter how bad he wants to.

“This was my fault, you know I thought we could sneak him through [waivers], and it wasn’t the—I never had as good a feel for him because he had been injured for so much of the training camp, and I thought, ‘Well he’s injured, he hasn’t played much, let’s try to sneak him though,’ and that was a mistake,” Ryan explained. “It was a mistake by me. It wasn’t a mistake by anybody else. It wasn’t by Whales (Doug Whaley) or anyone else. It was a mistake that I made, and obviously Pittsburgh had a good feel for them and he’s played well for them.”

Cockrell has been a fantastic pickup for the Steelers. In 2015, he played 62-percent of their defensive snaps and intercepted two passes. This season, he’s Pro Football Focus’ No. 26 graded cornerback among 122 qualifying players.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/08/bills-rex-ryan-ross-cockrell-steelers/
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 11:36 am

PFF Praises Ross Cockrell For His First Two Years in Pittsburgh

By Alex Kozora May 9, 2017 at 09:30 am

Despite facing criticism from fans, Pro Football Focus has a different take on Ross Cockrell. They’ve graded him the third best third-year cornerback in the NFL for yards per coverage snap, per this tweet the site sent out yesterday.

In his two years in Pittsburgh, Cockrell has allowed just 1.05 yard per coverage snap trailing only Detroit’s Nevin Lawson and Jacksonville’s Aaron Colvin. Cockrell ranks ahead of Malcolm Butler and Jason Verett by relative large margins.

Cockrell has two years of NFL action after playing just 11 snaps his rookie season with the Buffalo Bills. They dumped him at the end of camp in 2015 and the Steelers scooped him up a week later. He was thrown into the fire two weeks into his Steelers’ tenure and has been a starter ever since. Last year, he was the team’s #1 corner and best man-cover defender.

The Steelers will have him on the cheap this season after he signed his one year, RFA tender, worth $1.79 million. If Cam Sutton gets work in the slot as expected, Cockrell should comfortably enter the season as the starting LCB.

PFF certainly isn’t the end-all for the debate but it’s one stat to consider when framing the value he has to the team.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/05/pff-praises-ross-cockrell-two-years-pittsburgh/

Just another sorry ass CB. Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him 1401235891
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 am

Cockrell is ok, but nothing more than that. If he was as good as PFF claims him to be one of the other 31 NFL teams would have spent their 4th round pick on him. It says a lot that none of them took a shot at him and that the Steelers were able to sign him on his 4th round tag. It also says a lot that they put a 4th round tag on him in the first place and not a 2nd or 3rd. That means they only value him as a 4th rounder and the other teams must have had the same feeling about him.

No need to throw him under the bus either as he's very cheap and still a starter for us or in the worst case a valuable back-up, if Allen would surprisingly made a lot of progress this year, which I don't expect.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:59 am

In Addition, Gay is really a problem, way too slow. I hope Sutton will soon be ready to play, but it's a shame that he already missed so much time in camp. In the meantime I hope they will give Hilton some first team reps. I can't imagine he will be doing worse than Gay.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 am

Stella Nation wrote:
In Addition, Gay is really a problem, way too slow. I hope Sutton will soon be ready to play, but it's a shame that he already missed so much time in camp. In the meantime I hope they will give Hilton some first team reps. I can't imagine he will be doing worse than Gay.

Bingo,

I like Hilton he is a diamond in the ruff.

with Williams and Big Red as ILBs that's a slow two sum, imo showing Big Red why he's not going to make the 53 roster.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

I live in NY and His Jet defenses were always pretty good...can't speak to Buff, i didnt see enough of there games but he did his thing in NY. as for Cockrell dude is a zone CB, yeah he was better than that bust Doran Grant that you liked so much but his man/press skills don't lend itself to him being successful  playing that way no matter how bad he wants to.

“This was my fault, you know I thought we could sneak him through [waivers], and it wasn’t the—I never had as good a feel for him because he had been injured for so much of the training camp, and I thought, ‘Well he’s injured, he hasn’t played much, let’s try to sneak him though,’ and that was a mistake,” Ryan explained. “It was a mistake by me. It wasn’t a mistake by anybody else. It wasn’t by Whales (Doug Whaley) or anyone else. It was a mistake that I made, and obviously Pittsburgh had a good feel for them and he’s played well for them.”

Cockrell has been a fantastic pickup for the Steelers. In 2015, he played 62-percent of their defensive snaps and intercepted two passes. This season, he’s Pro Football Focus’ No. 26 graded cornerback among 122 qualifying players.

Thats why Coty Sebsabaugh has been getting first team reps atr his expense huh

While the Steelers took first team reps away from Ross Cockrell and gave them to Coty Sensabaugh, the front office was busy with a trade to bring in another defensive back throughout the preseason.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2017/8/23/16195134/pittsburgh-steelers-trade-steelers-trade-c-lucas-crowley-to-washington-for-cb-dashaun-phillips-nfl
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 9:47 pm

BKAnthem wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

Thats why Coty Sebsabaugh has been getting first team reps atr his expense huh

While the Steelers took first team reps away from Ross Cockrell and gave them to Coty Sensabaugh, the front office was busy with a trade to bring in another defensive back throughout the preseason.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2017/8/23/16195134/pittsburgh-steelers-trade-steelers-trade-c-lucas-crowley-to-washington-for-cb-dashaun-phillips-nfl

Haters gonna hate, so go ahead and enjoy yourself.

I am always amazed that Steeler fans never appreciate good players. A guy ranks out as #26 CB in PFF and fans are bigger haters of him than a guy that ranked 160th CB by PFF. Will see what happens by opening day.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 8:46 pm

I've been a defender of Cockrell, but let's be honest here, the guy has been awful in camp this year, and he's been even more awful in the Preseason so far. To the point where every time the opposing QB looks his direction I cringe. I know it's preseason but he's been getting burned, and committing stupid penalties.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

I am always amazed that Steeler fans never appreciate good players.  A guy ranks out as #26 CB in PFF and fans are bigger haters of him than a guy that ranked 160th CB by PFF.  Will see what happens by opening day.

Add Coach Tomlin to the list of Haters:

Ross Cockrell and Coty Sensabaugh's position battle will bleed into the Steelers' final week of the preseason.

Mike Tomlin addressed the position battle following Saturday's preseason game against the Colts, as Pittsburgh's coach still isn't certain who will be his starting right cornerback when the Steelers face the Browns in Week 1.
http://scout.com/nfl/steelers/Article/Steelers-insight-as-third-preseason-week-melds-into-the-fourth-106589578
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 7:19 pm

BKAnthem wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

I am always amazed that Steeler fans never appreciate good players.  A guy ranks out as #26 CB in PFF and fans are bigger haters of him than a guy that ranked 160th CB by PFF.  Will see what happens by opening day.

Ross Cockrell and Coty Sensabaugh's position battle will bleed into the Steelers' final week of the preseason.

Mike Tomlin addressed the position battle following Saturday's preseason game against the Colts, as Pittsburgh's coach still isn't certain who will be his starting right cornerback when the Steelers face the Browns in Week 1.
http://scout.com/nfl/steelers/Article/Steelers-insight-as-third-preseason-week-melds-into-the-fourth-106589578

that link doesn't reference anything that I can see about Tomlin comments. Its a Wexell opinion piece.

Honestly, the CB that played the worst in the last game was Burns. Missed 2 terrible tackles and let Steven Morris throw a rainbow 20 yarder to Philip Dorset in front of him. I guess most will ignore those plays because of his draft status.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 4:27 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

that link doesn't reference anything that I can see about Tomlin comments.  Its a Wexell opinion piece.  

Honestly, the CB that played the worst in the last game was Burns.  Missed 2 terrible tackles and let Steven Morris throw a rainbow 20 yarder to Philip Dorset in front of him.  I guess most will ignore those plays because of his draft status.

Burns was indeed terrible. None of the CB's impressed me I have to say. I saw nothing in Sensabaugh that could earn him a potential starting spot. Sutton did a good job considering it was his first game.
And what was Golden doing on that first missed tackle of Burns? Burns already slowed the Colts guy down and instead of wrapping the player up (which would have been easy), Golden decided to come in with his shoulder and of course missed the tackle.

I know that it's only preaseason, but the secondary looks way worse than at the end of last season. Burns and Cockrell not at their usual level, Gay a year older and a lot slower and no one else stepping up except for Hilton. But not sure he is strong enough to go against first string receivers.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 am

Stella Nation wrote:

Burns was indeed terrible. None of the CB's impressed me I have to say. I saw nothing in Sensabaugh that could earn him a potential starting spot. Sutton did a good job considering it was his first game.

Yes, its only preseason and the performances were not sharp. Sensabaugh gets in bail too quick and turns his hips...that is why there was a 15 yard out pattern completed in front of him and he was 5 yards away from the WR (a la Antowan Blake).

Cockrell stays in his backpedal longer and keeps his head to the LOS longer, that is why he made that tackle on the first drive short of the goal line. Cockrell also seemed to be conscious of playing closer to his WR, so even on the completion down the sideline he was shoulder to shoulder with the WR coming off the double move, but that was just a good throw and catch. Again on the goal line, he was right on the slant and pivot out, but got a ticky tack call for being a bit grabby.

Burns is still a young CB , but tackling I would like to see more improved and that rainbow completion to Dorsett, I have no idea what he was doing there. Hilton and Sutton look like promising slot guys and who knows what more we see of Sutton, as they may try him on the boundary more as the year goes on.

Unless something really changes in the next couple weeks, I don't see anything that would warrant Sensabaugh starting on week 1. Even Hilton in the slot isn't something I see happening until Gay struggles as the season goes on. Brian Allen hasn't shown much that will earn him a spot on the 53 IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 2:53 am

Welp, looks like AB wasn't just running his mouth. Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him 3147085405

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him   Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown: 'It's too easy' with Ross Cockrell covering him
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next