Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Stat Leaders  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Stat Leaders

Go down 
+4
OX1947
Fire Arians
solardave
LambertWardSteel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Steelers Stat Leaders  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 5:50 am

Right now the Steelers have the top NFL player in yardage at QB-RB-WR. Ben likely to fall to 2nd tonight unless brady injured. Bell has a 59 yard lead on Hunt. AB leads Hopkins by 276...Jones 348 yards behind. AB is at 99 receptions for 1509 yards with 3 games remaining. He would need 491 to get 2000, or 164 average in the next 3.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 7:09 am

All this is great but they are killing me with these last 3 games and the question still remains: can we play man against Brady?

Stats are just stats at the end of the day we have to play better on defense. We can put up points all day but this last team with the ball wins is ridiculous. Hats off to Watt last night because if he doesn't strip Flacco we had a pretty damn good chance of loosing that game.

"Defense wins games". Hey we know the 4 B's can score and no #4 is not Bryant,it's Boswell.

We are giving up way to many plays in the middle of the field and that's where Brady lives. That means we have to disrupt his pocket and rattle him. Tuitt, Hargrave, Watt, Alualu, and maybe Walton all need to bring their A game. Not to mention Williams, Spence, and Moats. Spence is not in football shape and he looked gassed by the 3rd quarter to me. They all need to tackle better.
I'd like to see Sutton in place of Sensebaugh. We can't give cushions to the Patriots* receivers like Burns and Sensebaugh are doing because now not only are teams going up and down the field on us,they are scoring TD's. Last night our D was a sieve. That's a recipe for disaster against Brady if we can't get to him.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 12:38 pm

AB2k? Steelers Stat Leaders  1797695198
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 1:44 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Right now the Steelers have the top NFL player in yardage at QB-RB-WR. Ben likely to fall to 2nd tonight unless brady injured. Bell has a 59 yard lead on Hunt. AB leads Hopkins by 276...Jones 348 yards behind. AB is at 99 receptions for 1509 yards with 3 games remaining. He would need 491 to get 2000, or 164 average in the next 3.

I would say if AB has a big game next week against the Pats*, and the Steelers win out to get the #1 seed, AND he ends the year with 120 catches and 2,000 yards. He may have a legit shot at MVP.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 pm

OX1947 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

I would say if AB has a big game next week against the Pats**, and the Steelers win out to get the #1 seed, AND he ends the year with 120 catches and 2,000 yards. He may have a legit shot at MVP.

That would be well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 4:08 pm

OX1947 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

I would say if AB has a big game next week against the Pats**, and the Steelers win out to get the #1 seed, AND he ends the year with 120 catches and 2,000 yards. He may have a legit shot at MVP.

Say if we win the next 2 games, the #1 seed should already be locked. Do we rest starters and give the Browns a decent chance to avoid 0-16 or do we put our foots on their throats? Steelers Stat Leaders  1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

I would say if AB has a big game next week against the Pats***, and the Steelers win out to get the #1 seed, AND he ends the year with 120 catches and 2,000 yards. He may have a legit shot at MVP.

Say if we win the next 2 games, the #1 seed should already be locked. Do we rest starters and give the Browns a decent chance to avoid 0-16 or do we put our foots on their throats? Steelers Stat Leaders  1797695198
Heh that's a good question. I'm no coach but in that case, I'd play it like a preseason game. Give the starters some reps but mostly let it be an audition for young guys like Dobbs, Sutton, and others who haven't gotten much playing time this year.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

I would say if AB has a big game next week against the Pats***, and the Steelers win out to get the #1 seed, AND he ends the year with 120 catches and 2,000 yards. He may have a legit shot at MVP.

For the second year in a row, they'll face Landry Jones in December. Reminds me of the famous Tomlin quote... we're going to unleash hell Landry in December.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 6:36 pm

and for tonight.... Here We Go Dolphins!!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Maybe they've reached the point where the offense can keep up...outshoot the Pats* despite the deficiencies on defense right now. They put up 39 on a Ravens D that is better than the Pats*. Ben threw for 500 yards last night against a Ravens D that hadn't given up a 300 yd game and that was w/o Ju-Ju in the line up. Good article about this at PPG:

Paul Zeise: Can the Patriots* stop the Steelers offense? No way.

The Ravens scored at will on the Steelers at times Sunday, which prompted the question: “How many points will Tom Brady score against this awful defense next week?”

Answer: It doesn’t matter....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/zeise-is-right/2017/12/11/paul-zeise-Patriots*-steelers-prediction-todd-haley-ben-roethlisberger/stories/201712110131
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Lokki wrote:

Honestly though is a Dolphins loss good for us? NE rarely ever loses 2 in a row.

I'm kinda indifferent about the outcome of tonight's game, if we handle business next week that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Honestly though is a Dolphins loss good for us? NE rarely ever loses 2 in a row.

I'm kinda indifferent about the outcome of tonight's game, if we handle business next week that's all that matters.
Yeah it's rare but there's gotta be a first for everything. Hopefully beating the Pats* twice becomes one of them.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 pm

the Steelers offense can, could, should, and must light up an ok Pats* defense and out score the Pats* offense for the 1, 2, 3, win.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Not sure a Pats* loss would be the best thing tonight. I'd hate to see them coming into Pittsburgh trying to prevent a 2 game losing streak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 12:09 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Not sure a Pats** loss would be the best thing tonight. I'd hate to see them coming into Pittsburgh trying to prevent a 2 game losing streak
I hear ya but maybe that will cause them to make mistakes and press.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 am

The other thing about the Pats*** loss to Miami. A loss to Steelers would also jeopardize Pats*** chance at the 2 seed. A Jax win this weekend and Pats*** loss puts them both at 10-4. Without looking at the tiebreakers I don't know who would win out there.

It's only a long range forecast, but right now a call for light snow Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh.

I hope these guys play and coach the game of their lives. With the offense carrying the D I think, hope, it can be done
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 5:12 am

Butler needs to look and pay the game film from this game. They were in Brady's face all night. The Pats* did not convert a single 3rd down and that's what we need to do.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 am

solardave wrote:
Butler needs to look and pay the game film from this game. They were in Brady's face all night. The Pats** did not convert a single 3rd down and that's what we need to do.

Also, the Dolphins were going with an empty backfield a lot and Drake torched their LB on a pass down the sideline. Bell can certainly do that well.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 7:28 am

Lokki wrote:
solardave wrote:
Butler needs to look and pay the game film from this game. They were in Brady's face all night. The Pats**** did not convert a single 3rd down and that's what we need to do.

Also, the Dolphins were going with an empty backfield a lot and Drake torched their LB on a pass down the sideline.  Bell can certainly do that well.  

We just need to show them a defense that Brady hasn't seen from us yet. One that keeps coming all night and never gives up the big play.Bump eveyone coming off of the line and man up. Stop Gronk by not giving Brady enough time to get him the ball. We need to get out in front and stay there.

The middle of the field (Gronk's playground) is what can kill us. They'll use it to open up the outside routes.

I think this might be one of the highest scoring games this year but I'd love to see us dominate for a change. A win for us could push them back to a #3 seed and insure the road travels through the Burgh.

Correction: Jacksonville is 10-4 so we need to beat the Patriots* and either Houston or Cleveland to be #1. We still have our work cut out for us. Steelers Stat Leaders  469886443
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 am

Quote :
Also, the Dolphins were going with an empty backfield a lot and Drake torched their LB on a pass down the sideline.  Bell can certainly do that well.  

Bell and the TE's should have big games setting up AB.

This is a must win for the playoff home game.

Ok Haley and Ben you two have the blueprint if Cutler and the Dolphins offense can put up 27 points on Pats*. defense the Steelers should be able to double that.

JJSS will be back on the field for this game. Steelers Stat Leaders  1372836603

Plus the not so good Dolphins defense held the Pats*. offense to 20 points with man coverage one problem Gronk will be back on the field still the Steelers defense should be able to man up on the Pats*. offense.

Pats*. offense doesn't have a very good running game.

me armchair DC says nickel and dime defense all game. Steelers Stat Leaders  312503953

a nickel back to replace the void left by Shalieve in this game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Stat Leaders    Steelers Stat Leaders  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Stat Leaders
Page 1 of 1