Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEven swap Bell for Thomas Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Even swap Bell for Thomas

Go down 
+2
IowaSteeler927
solardave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Even swap Bell for Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 6:09 am

Just throwing this out there to get opinions. Since neither one plans to be in camp this might work.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927045/article/earl-thomas-not-present-for-seahawks-workouts

Probably more fantasy than any thing else.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 am

I think we're OK with Burnett as a stop gap, and draft a younger heir-apparent at the position. I would rather get draft picks in exchange for Bell.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 9:38 am

It's simple, Bell can't be traded until he signs the tag.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 4:23 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think we're OK with Burnett as a stop gap, and draft a younger heir-apparent at the position. I would rather get draft picks in exchange for Bell.

burnette is a strong safety and thomas is a free safety , so both would be on the field at the same time, which would be awesome.they could create some sweet nickle and dime packages with davis and sutton.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:24 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

burnette is a strong safety and thomas is a free safety , so both would be on the field at the same time, which would be awesome.they could create some sweet nickle and dime packages with davis and sutton.

Makes sense, but do we have the cap room for a guy like Thomas?

Again though, I think I'd still like to get draft picks in exchange for Bell, and as Stella said Bell can't get traded until he signs the franchise tender.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 5:31 am

Stella Nation wrote:
It's simple, Bell can't be traded until he signs the tag.

I know.It's looking like he won't do that before preseason and possibly not until week 10. That's why I said fantasy. Also we don't have that kind of money for a guy like Thomas.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 am

I'm getting to the point that doing a sign & trade may be the Steelers best option.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Even swap Bell for Thomas 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 12:24 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Makes sense, but do we have the cap room for a guy like Thomas?

Again though, I think I'd still like to get draft picks in exchange for Bell, and as Stella said Bell can't get traded until he signs the franchise tender.

apparently they do , or will, considering they are going to pay bell $14.5 mill. remember this is a hypothetical trade here , so what ever they give to bell they would give to thomas. it would actually save cap space with a long term deal with thomas.
first they would have to get bell and the shehawks onboard with the deal to get bell to sign the tag so he can be traded. it would never happen of course because nobody is going to give bell $17 million a year , including the steelers. colbert was an idiot for not letting bell test the market and find this out for himself.
the way bell has moved the goal post by changing what he values himself, leads me to believe he actually wants to leave pittsburgh, but will stay for the right price. remember he thinks he is a legit rapper , so he may have his eye on some place like LA or NY where it's easier to pursue that part time.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 1:00 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I'm getting to the point that doing a sign & trade may be the Steelers best option.

any trade deal would have to be a three way negotiation by the steelers, the other team, and bell himself. the other team would first have to agree to bell's outrageous price before he would sign and give the steelers the rights to trade him. it ain't gonna happen. first the steelers are on record saying bell will be a steeler in 2018. they backed that up by not using the tag that allows bell to negotiate with other teams. by not using that tag, the steelers sent a message to bell that they value him more than two first round picks... Even swap Bell for Thomas 1505004552
and they wonder why the guy values himself so high.

when is the last time we've seen a RB being traded for anything close to two 1st rd picks ? hershal walker ?
The colts got a 2nd and fifth for marshal faulk in his prime.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Bell will come in game 1 Tomlin will use him for all he is worth this season and the Steelers will move on from him. Steelers will either pick up a RB with similar skills as Bell this year or next year and keep Ridley on as insurance. Gives Conner another year to learn to block as well. End of story.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Bell will come in game 1 Tomlin will use him for all he is worth this season and the Steelers will move on from him. Steelers will either pick up a RB with similar  skills as Bell this year or next year and keep Ridley on as insurance. Gives Conner another year to learn to block as well. End of story.

Yeah I concur, I think Tomlin is going to run the wheels off Bell this season. He's going to get a ton of carries, and a lot of balls thrown his way.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 6:32 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Bell will come in game 1 Tomlin will use him for all he is worth this season and the Steelers will move on from him. Steelers will either pick up a RB with similar  skills as Bell this year or next year and keep Ridley on as insurance. Gives Conner another year to learn to block as well. End of story.

Yeah I concur, I think Tomlin is going to run the wheels off Bell this season. He's going to get a ton of carries, and a lot of balls thrown his way.

Best case scenario at this point. Worst case is he works on his music until week 10. Even swap Bell for Thomas 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even swap Bell for Thomas   Even swap Bell for Thomas Empty

Back to top Go down

Even swap Bell for Thomas
Page 1 of 1