Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePreseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018

Go down 
+3
Wallace108
jak341
IowaSteeler927
7 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 Empty
PostSubject: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 5:36 am

WATCH:

Reportedly on NFL Network for fans outside the market!

Local broadcast on KDKA-TV – Game coverage begins at 4:00 p.m. ET; Pregame coverage begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on KDKA; Postgame coverage starts immediately following the game on KDKA.

Bob Pompeani (play-by-play), Charlie Batch (color) and Missi Matthews (sideline) are on the call.

For the first time, fans located in most Steelers preseason affiliate markets can also watch a live stream of the game on their desktop computer. CLICK HERE to see if this live stream is available in your market.
Not in any of the Steelers preseason TV affiliate markets? Watch LIVE preseason games and replays of all regular season games online with NFL Game Pass.

LISTEN:

Steelers Radio Network - Game coverage begins at 4:00 p.m. ET; Pregame programming begins at 12:00 p.m.; Postgame coverage starts immediately following the game.

Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Tunch Ilkin (color analyst) and Craig Wolfley (sideline) are on the call.
Fans in the Pittsburgh area can listen locally on WDVE 102.5 FM & WBGG 970 AM.

The Steelers Radio Network will broadcast the game live through our radio affiliates. Click here for a list of our radio affiliates.

The game broadcast is also carried on Steelers Nation Radio (SNR). SNR is streamed on Steelers.com and the Official Steelers Mobile App. Fans can listen to the game broadcast on SNR from anywhere in the world on Steelers.com. NFL geographical restrictions apply to the Mobile App stream.

SIRIUS Subscribers:

Listen on Sirius XM Channel 88 (Home)

Regular season audition game guys! Here we go!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Didn't get to watch. How did they look?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 12:26 am

Pretty decent. Just need to shake some rust and develop some more chemistry. Offensively there were some highs and lows. Defensively the d-line, backers, and secondary played very well. Huge turnaround from last week but it helps when your starters are on the field together. Edmunds had a nice INT off of Mariota. D-Line and backers shut down the running game and got the sacks a pressure needed to really stifle the Titans' passing game as well. Not a high scoring affair but definitely some good things to take away from this game.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 8:17 am

Iowa pretty much nailed my thoughts.

The defense looked completely different from last week. Some of us probably overreacted last week, but I don't think it was unjustified.

Am I the only one who sees Fort as a better option than Matakevich or Bostic?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 11:12 am

A few more random thoughts from the game ...

1. I'm still baffled as to why Fitz is returning kicks. Sure, most kickoffs are unreturnable anyway, but there was one kick yesterday that had the potential to be a big play if we had a speedy, elusive returner. Instead, Fitz returned it for something like 7 yards. Even when a kick is returnable and the blocking is set up well, Fitz lacks the burst to hit the openings. It reminds me of when they used Davenport as a returner. I just don't get it.

2. Not sure why DHB started. I'd rather see Washington get that opportunity.

3. Tuitt looks like he has elevated his game. He was already good, but yesterday he looked like an absolute beast.

4. Ben had a number of passes that were off the mark. A few drives in preseason isn't enough to knock the rust off. I'd like to see him get a drive or 2 in the final game to get in rhythm, but we know that's not going to happen. The Cleveland game will be the final tuneup, and that makes me nervous. I don't think the Browns are going to be a pushover this year.

5. Last week I said it looks like Vince Williams is coming into his own. I say the same thing this week. He desperately needs someone on the opposite side though. Which leads me to ...

6. I said it in my post above, but I'd like to see Fort get a chance opposite Williams. He might not be the answer, but no one can convince me he's not a better option than Matakevich or Bostic. Fort at least makes plays. He got robbed on his pick 6 that was called back. If that was a regular season game, I would have been irate.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 2:27 pm

1st half, the way I was looking at the offense, was Ben and the skilled position supporting rotation part of the offense playing last night, passing game steelers receivers were finding holes in the Titans defense now add AB how are oppossing defenses stop this. Running game the backups did well now add Bell this 2018 Steelers offense should be fun to watch. Haley NOT calling offense plays this year Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 59467727   yes Ben was a little rusty missed a couple throws and some dropped passes
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
A few more random thoughts from the game ...

1. I'm still baffled as to why Fitz is returning kicks. Sure, most kickoffs are unreturnable anyway, but there was one kick yesterday that had the potential to be a big play if we had a speedy, elusive returner. Instead, Fitz returned it for something like 7 yards. Even when a kick is returnable and the blocking is set up well, Fitz lacks the burst to hit the openings. It reminds me of when they used Davenport as a returner. I just don't get it.

2. Not sure why DHB started. I'd rather see Washington get that opportunity.

3. Tuitt looks like he has elevated his game. He was already good, but yesterday he looked like an absolute beast.

4. Ben had a number of passes that were off the mark. A few drives in preseason isn't enough to knock the rust off. I'd like to see him get a drive or 2 in the final game to get in rhythm, but we know that's not going to happen. The Cleveland game will be the final tuneup, and that makes me nervous. I don't think the Browns are going to be a pushover this year.

5. Last week I said it looks like Vince Williams is coming into his own. I say the same thing this week. He desperately needs someone on the opposite side though. Which leads me to ...

6. I said it in my post above, but I'd like to see Fort get a chance opposite Williams. He might not be the answer, but no one can convince me he's not a better option than Matakevich or Bostic. Fort at least makes plays. He got robbed on his pick 6 that was called back. If that was a regular season game, I would have been irate.

Agreed with all your points.

I would like to add a couple more:

1. Not only Ford is a better option than Bostic and certainly Matakevich, but also Thomas. Fast, athletic and he's always around the ball. I hope he makes the 53.

2. Adeniyi is our best OLB after Watt. Sorry to say for Dupree, but his first step is way too slow. He's fast once he's in the open field, but he never beats his opponent and that's why he never pressures the QB. I like him better on the right side than on the left side though. Adeniyi is in the backfield regularly. Huguenin is also a decent pass rusher, I like him more than Chickillo or Adams.

3. We have too many players who are only good at special teams, but who suck at their position. We can't keep them all. Players like DHB, Matakevich, Berhe, Brian Allen...

4. Conner was excellent in the air, but terrible on the ground. He can learn something from Bell's patience. He wasn't waiting for the blocks to develop and didn't hit the holes. If he wants to become RB1 next season he will need to improve. Also in his blocking which is atrocious.

5. Samuels otoh was fantastic on the ground. First time this preseason that he used his potential. Just like Thomas and Adeniyi, I hope he makes the 53.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 12:04 am

Yeah as hope Watt will heal. As really Adeniyi could take Dupree's job. Need someone to pressure the QB!

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 6:17 am

I think Adeniyi is just what Dupree needs. Someone breathing down his neck. BB even said on the sidelines to Missy Mathews they needed to shake off a lot of rust.

I think we're going to see some "fan favorites" not make this roster. Not a bad situation to be in but I think a lot of those, after the practice squad is set, will be playing (not sitting) for other teams.

When is Eli Rogers coming back? I'm wondering if their is a timeline. What is TJ's injury?

After watching Ben throw several bad passes mixed with wrong routes the Cleveland game makes me nervous too. If we go into that game with the mindset like years past that all we do is show up it'll be ugly. Throw in a rusty Bell and Cleveland could be undefeated in week one.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 7:33 am

solardave wrote:
I think Adeniyi is just what Dupree needs. Someone breathing down his neck. BB even said on the sidelines to Missy Mathews they needed to shake off a lot of rust.

I think we're going to see some "fan favorites" not make this roster. Not a bad situation to be in but I think a lot of those, after the practice squad is set, will be playing (not sitting) for other teams.

When is Eli Rogers coming back? I'm wondering if their is a timeline. What is TJ's injury?

After watching Ben throw several bad passes mixed with wrong routes the Cleveland game makes me nervous too. If we go into that game with the mindset like years past that all we do is show up it'll be ugly. Throw in a rusty Bell and Cleveland could be undefeated in week one.

That's what I fear. Tomlin has a tendency for keeping veterans with limited skill sets. A lot of those players do their job on special teams but haven't shown any progression the last year and they don't push our starters to become better players. I believe it's time for some new blood. Players with a higher ceiling that can light a fire under the belt of some of our current starters. I'm aware that not all of them will become eventual starters but maybe some of them will. I'm hoping that Samuels, Adeniyi, Thomas, Fort and Patterson all make the 53. I don't see the point in keeping DHB, Matakevich and Chickillo.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 8:34 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

That's what I fear. Tomlin has a tendency for keeping veterans with limited skill sets. A lot of those players do their job on special teams but haven't shown any progression the last year and they don't push our starters to become better players. I believe it's time for some new blood. Players with a higher ceiling that can light a fire under the belt of some of our current starters. I'm aware that not all of them will become eventual starters but maybe some of them will. I'm hoping that Samuels, Adeniyi, Thomas, Fort and Patterson all make the 53. I don't see the point in keeping DHB, Matakevich and Chickillo.

I agree with what you're saying. I thought Chickillo had a higher ceiling but I guess not. Matakevich is too slow to play full time but hustles on STs. Didn't I hear that Samuels lined up at RB,WR,and some at TE? I honestly thought DHB was the odd man out last year. I think he will be for sure this year. If Tomlin wants to move in the right direction there will be some tough decisions. #1 being do I want to win it all or keep subpar players out of loyalty or whatever drive his choices to keep players past their expiration date.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 5:16 pm

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

I agree with what you're saying. I thought Chickillo had a higher ceiling but I guess not. Matakevich is too slow to play full time but hustles on STs. Didn't I hear that Samuels lined up at RB,WR,and some at TE? I honestly thought DHB was the odd man out last year. I think he will be for sure this year. If Tomlin wants to move in the right direction there will be some tough decisions. #1 being do I want to win it all or keep subpar players out of loyalty or whatever drive his choices to keep players past their expiration date.

Samuels indeed played as a RB/WR/TE, that's why he was called the Swiss army knife in college.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 10:28 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Samuels indeed played as a RB/WR/TE, that's why he was called the Swiss army knife in college.

With all the injuries we may see Samuels at TE this week. It would be nice to see a guy like him fulfill his potential with us.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 3:04 am

I agree with the suggestion that Fort should see some playing time. The guy just seems to have a nose for the football. While I still think there's a glimmer of hope for Bostic as he's new to the team, and I think it's a little early to pass full judgement on him, I think that they should give Fort some snaps with the first team and see how he does. Either Fort, or Thomas. Thomas is raw, but very athletic and hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

MLB is still the biggest question mark on this defense. Will be interesting to see how things play out.

My prediction is Bostic will be the starter. As much as I think Fort or Thomas should get a shot, I think the team is more comfortable with the veteran player.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018   Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preseason Week 3 Titans @ Steelers Gameday Thread 08/25/2018
Page 1 of 1