Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHarrison says he'll play vs. Ravens Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:21 am

By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

PITTSBURGH - Maybe it’s because the season opener is just six days away. Maybe it’s because it’s Steelers vs. Ravens. For whatever reason, James Harrison has proclaimed himself physically able to do his part Sunday.

“I’m good,” he said Monday after practice. “I’m ready to go. What time do we play?”

When reminded that kickoff at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore is 1 p.m., the Steelers’ star outside linebacker said, “I’ll be there. To be honest with you, I’m not worried about my back.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-harrison-says-he-ll-play-vs-ravens/article_dd19353f-a947-54c5-a048-c84518c2cebe.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 am

That's good news. It'll be GREAT news if he plays at a high level.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:50 am

I don't think a beast like Harrison is going to willfully step aside for a game against the Ravens. He'd have to be carried out in a body bag for him to miss it.

That said, I'm still concerned about his back and level of current play. I hope the rotate him early and often to protect him.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:19 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I hope the rotate him early and often to protect him.

Same here. While this is a big game, it's not a BIG game. We have a long season ahead and I would hate to see him injured after week 1 from pushing it too hard.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 am

Did anyone, any Steelers fan, think it would be any different?

I'm sure there are thousands of ratbird fans wishing he would take a seat, along with Troy, but alas, the defense is in tact and Flacco is the target!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:20 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
I hope the rotate him early and often to protect him.

Same here. While this is a big game, it's not a BIG game. We have a long season ahead and I would hate to see him injured after week 1 from pushing it too hard.

Like Truck, I'd be surprised if he didn't play. But I hope it's the smart thing to do. I tend to agree with you, Dubs ... this isn't a must-win game. I'd rather lose this game and get a healthy Harrison for the rest of the season than have him go out there and make it worse and either lose him for multiple games or be slowed down all season by a nagging injury.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:06 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I tend to agree with you, Dubs

affraid

I think he will still put up a solid game, just maybe not what we are used to. You can't wave a steak in front of a hungry dog (irregardless if he's injured) and expect him not to at least get a few bites of it.

Flacco will be put on his back at least once by Harrison.

PostSubject: Re: Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens   Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens Empty

Back to top Go down

Harrison says he'll play vs. Ravens
Page 1 of 1