Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHarrison could play against Jets Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Harrison could play against Jets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Harrison could play against Jets Empty
PostSubject: Harrison could play against Jets   Harrison could play against Jets EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:58 pm

By Alan Robinson

James Harrison is closer to returning to the Steelers.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker worked out Monday, will run Wednesday and hasn’t been ruled out of playing Sunday against the New York Jets. Harrison hasn’t played since last season and has practiced only sporadically because of a left knee injury.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2576622-85/jets-harrison-game-season-steelers-injury-knee-week-2011-adams?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz26Bn0yS00
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Harrison could play against Jets   Harrison could play against Jets EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:17 pm

I get the feeling we won't see him this week for some reason. Could this knee injury be worse than we're being lead to believe?

I'll just be happy to see Clark back this week.

Good to hear both Foster and Gilbert are OK and expected to play Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Harrison could play against Jets   Harrison could play against Jets EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Defense could get a boost this week
Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Steelers defense will get a boost this week with safety Ryan Clark back in the lineup against the New York Jets at Heinz Field on Sunday and the potential return of linebacker James Harrison as well.

Clark missed the Broncos game because complications due to the sickle cell trait prevent him from playing in Denver’s high altitude. Harrison was sidelined with a knee injury, but he worked out on Monday and is expected to run on Wednesday with the hope of returning to the lineup Sunday, but his status is still to be determined.

“Obviously, those guys are capable of helping us,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “They’re quality veteran players. They know how to play and, specifically in Ryan’s case, not only his play but his communication and leadership.

“What we are going to do is focus on the healthy guys and get them prepared to play and, ultimately, expect them to play on the acceptable level. Obviously, this week Ryan will be included in that bunch. Whether or not James is, remains to be seen.”

Harrison practiced last Monday, but was limited on Wednesday and didn’t practice at all on Thursday or Friday. While Tomlin knows what both Harrison and Clark are capable of, until he seems them in regular season action he isn’t going to say how much their presence will help.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Defense-could-get-a-boost-this-week/17f28151-c92b-44d1-affc-57e0395e651b

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Harrison could play against Jets   Harrison could play against Jets EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 am

I think Clark will have the biggest impact upon his return. His play allows Troy to free flow on Defense. While Harrison offers relief for Woodley, I believe the coverage and communication in the secondary is more key for the front 7 to get to the QBs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Harrison could play against Jets 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harrison could play against Jets   Harrison could play against Jets Empty

Back to top Go down

Harrison could play against Jets
Page 1 of 1