Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter

Go down 
+2
Stella Nation
LambertWardSteel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  Empty
PostSubject: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 11:30 pm

After last week's game this is probably farthest from our minds but still nice to see so many Steelers leading....although not sure a guy like Boswell has been deserving

There’s a decent chance the first round of Pro Bowl voting numbers were lost in the shuffle here — so it goes for things that happen the day before Thanksgiving. Also, “Nobody Cares About The Pro Bowl” might as well be inscribed on the Pro Bowl trophy. So .. whatever. There was other stuff going on.

That said, because another round of vote totals came out Wednesday, it’s worth noting that many, many Steelers are leaders at their positions. Many. And one of them is inside linebacker Jon Bostic with 86,634 votes.

Now, that shouldn’t be a huge surprise; Bostic has been very good — Pro Football Focus likes him, for one. He’s seventh among AFC inside linebackers with 66 tackles and third in sacks with 2 1/2. There are bigger names in the NFC — Carolina’s Luke Kuechly has more than 100,000 votes, for example.

Plus, the Steelers have more fans than anybody. That’s how this stuff tends to work. It also can’t hurt that the ballot is alphabetical, and Bostic is the top AFC guy in that respect.

Still, though — he’s right there at the top of the list, and he basically deserves it. Not bad for a guy who started camp splitting time with Tyler Matakevich.

In more predictable voting-related news: James Conner leads AFC running backs with more than 540,000, which puts him at fourth among all players, just ahead of Saquon Barkley. Behind Barkley is Antonio Brown, who leads all receivers with more than 510,000.

Other Steelers leading their positions: tackle Alejandro Villanueva, guard David DeCastro, center Maurkice Pouncey, kicker Chris Boswell, outside linebacker T.J. Watt and, as a special teamer, fullback Roosevelt Nix, for nine total. Voting closes on Dec. 13.

Full article: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2018/11/28/steelers-pro-bowl-voting-leaders-jon-bostic-james-conner-antonio-brown/stories/201811280165

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 2:46 am

Bostic is good, but not pro-bowl good and Boswell certainly doesn't deserve it this year. On the other hand, where's Juju?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 am

While it's nice to see a bunch of our guys making the Probowl I haven't watched the game in a few years. It's become kinda like the Cinderella ball to me.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 am

to bad Bostic isn't about 2 steps faster but a solid type of LB.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:02 am

solardave wrote:
While it's nice to see a bunch of our guys  making the Probowl I haven't watched the game in a few years. It's become kinda like the Cinderella ball to me.

the ball you want to be invited to but don't really want to attend.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 1:49 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
solardave wrote:
While it's nice to see a bunch of our guys  making the Probowl I haven't watched the game in a few years. It's become kinda like the Cinderella ball to me.

Yeah, I agree with this. The game really does suck but it's nice for fans, and probably for players too, to see the players make the "all star team"

I agree also Ju Ju should be on the list somewhere.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 1:53 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
solardave wrote:

You got it.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 am

Bostic was an absolute steal for us and has been a major contributor to the defense not being nearly as bad as last years. He’s no Shazier but he definitely fills a solid roll as a first and second down ILB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter    Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Bostic might be on his way to Pro Bowl starter
Page 1 of 1