Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeChargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread

Go down 
+12
stlrtruck
JPPT1974
LambertWardSteel
Shalieve5090
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
SteelCity4Life
schillah
IowaSteeler927
Geordie
solardave
jak341
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yes this team should've played better in the second half but that officiating was inexcuseable. They literally gifted the Chargers something like 20 of their points. A missed false start that looked even more egregious than the one that was missed in the Chargers-Browns game and got the line judge from that game fired... A blatantly obvious block in the back on a punt return for TD which was even more hilarious because they called us for the same penalty earlier in the game and it was ticky tack at best. Then you have the center twisting the ball to draw the defense offsides on the FG attempts to end the game. Isn't there an official whose job is to look at the snaps? I mean when you're playing defensive line you're looking down the line watching the ball movement to try and get off the ball as fast as you can. I know that because I played LDE in high school. The ball shouldn't move at all prior to the snap, period. These officials talking about how different guys have different little things they do with the ball... No, that's absolute bullshit. The ball shouldn't move, period. That was an illegal snap, plain and simple and it should be uniformly enforced, not just when the refs feel like it.

I agree the Steelers should've played better, but when the refs help bring the Chargers back into a game they were down 16 points in, and subsequently help swing the momentum in their favor... That's just disgusting. The line judge from that game should be fired, how you miss that false start is beyond comprehension. Dude was two full steps back into his pass set before the ball was even snapped. I've seen false starts called for guys moving just their heads, but a grown 300lb RT stands straight up, takes two steps back into his pass set and they don't notice that? That's freaking inexcuseable. Fact of the matter is without the officiating mistakes, we win the football game. Doesn't matter how poorly we played in the second half, we shouldn't have to play against the officials as well as our opponent. Those officials were an absolute joke.

Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 3964572787

I'm pretty sure I saw a holding non call on what turned out to be a TD play for them. I actually missed the last couple of plays. I was so disgusted I turned the game off and went and laid in bed and stewed for a couple hours before falling asleep.

We played lousy in Jacksonville and still won the game. The difference is we didn't get 3 TDs and a FG given to us by the officials. I rest my case.

I was absolutely furious at some of the calls/non-calls. Every ticky tack thing they could call on us gets called, but the Chargers just get a free pass on egregious or blatantly obvious penalties? The Chargers weren't even in the game without the officiating (or lack thereof). Given our offense should've been better in the second half, and our defense as well, but that officiating definitely helped suck the wind out of our sails I have no doubts about that.

If I were Tomlin I would've ripped those officials a new one. Put some pressure on the NFL to clean up their officiating because that was flat out inexcusable. He didn't want to pay the fine, so he tried to get around the officiating questions as tactfully as possible, but I think this was one of those situations where a flat out rant about how terrible it was would've been appropriate.

It would have been real hard to shut me up if I was Tomlin. It's one of 2 things. The NFL is either working their way into fixing games or they can't find officials who can find their asses with both hands. They won't admit to either one though. to admit to one or the other would be admitting they don't care about the fans. They only care about the money.
Is it just me or since people started calling for Goodell's head you hardly hear his name any more. You hear  names  like Riverton and a bunch of previously obscure people.
I noticed after Collinsworth called out the officials on the blown call they talked right through instant replay showing other missed calls. No mention. I bet they got a call telling them to keep mouths shut or else.

I would love to be a fly on the wall.

I mean they fired an official for the same kind of horrible no-call on an obvious false start in the Browns-Chargers game... If I were that guy I'd be asking why the guy from the Steelers-Chargers game wasn't fired.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 9:16 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

If I were Tomlin I would've ripped those officials a new one. Put some pressure on the NFL to clean up their officiating because that was flat out inexcusable. He didn't want to pay the fine, so he tried to get around the officiating questions as tactfully as possible, but I think this was one of those situations where a flat out rant about how terrible it was would've been appropriate.

But he can't and not because of the fine, but because of what happened to us in THIS game. These refs are a band of brothers they like to say, and when you publicly shame them, they will hold it against that team in the weeks to come, which is exactly what happened to us here.

If he continued his barrage on these idiots, it would just continue to hurt us with more and more shit calls.

But I'll say it here, FUCK those officials. Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 929792854

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yes this team should've played better in the second half but that officiating was inexcuseable. They literally gifted the Chargers something like 20 of their points. A missed false start that looked even more egregious than the one that was missed in the Chargers-Browns game and got the line judge from that game fired... A blatantly obvious block in the back on a punt return for TD which was even more hilarious because they called us for the same penalty earlier in the game and it was ticky tack at best. Then you have the center twisting the ball to draw the defense offsides on the FG attempts to end the game. Isn't there an official whose job is to look at the snaps? I mean when you're playing defensive line you're looking down the line watching the ball movement to try and get off the ball as fast as you can. I know that because I played LDE in high school. The ball shouldn't move at all prior to the snap, period. These officials talking about how different guys have different little things they do with the ball... No, that's absolute bullshit. The ball shouldn't move, period. That was an illegal snap, plain and simple and it should be uniformly enforced, not just when the refs feel like it.

I agree the Steelers should've played better, but when the refs help bring the Chargers back into a game they were down 16 points in, and subsequently help swing the momentum in their favor... That's just disgusting. The line judge from that game should be fired, how you miss that false start is beyond comprehension. Dude was two full steps back into his pass set before the ball was even snapped. I've seen false starts called for guys moving just their heads, but a grown 300lb RT stands straight up, takes two steps back into his pass set and they don't notice that? That's freaking inexcuseable. Fact of the matter is without the officiating mistakes, we win the football game. Doesn't matter how poorly we played in the second half, we shouldn't have to play against the officials as well as our opponent. Those officials were an absolute joke.

Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 3964572787

I'm pretty sure I saw a holding non call on what turned out to be a TD play for them. I actually missed the last couple of plays. I was so disgusted I turned the game off and went and laid in bed and stewed for a couple hours before falling asleep.

We played lousy in Jacksonville and still won the game. The difference is we didn't get 3 TDs and a FG given to us by the officials. I rest my case.

I was absolutely furious at some of the calls/non-calls. Every ticky tack thing they could call on us gets called, but the Chargers just get a free pass on egregious or blatantly obvious penalties? The Chargers weren't even in the game without the officiating (or lack thereof). Given our offense should've been better in the second half, and our defense as well, but that officiating definitely helped suck the wind out of our sails I have no doubts about that.

It would have been real hard to shut me up if I was Tomlin. It's one of 2 things. The NFL is either working their way into fixing games or they can't find officials who can find their asses with both hands. They won't admit to either one though. to admit to one or the other would be admitting they don't care about the fans. They only care about the money.
Is it just me or since people started calling for Goodell's head you hardly hear his name any more. You hear  names  like Riverton and a bunch of previously obscure people.
I noticed after Collinsworth called out the officials on the blown call they talked right through instant replay showing other missed calls. No mention. I bet they got a call telling them to keep mouths shut or else.

I would love to be a fly on the wall.

I mean they fired an official for the same kind of horrible no-call on an obvious false start in the Browns-Chargers game... If I were that guy I'd be asking why the guy from the Steelers-Chargers game wasn't fired.

Good point. Maybe he's waiting to hear back from his Attorney. Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 2087824411 Seems like a double standard to me. I just think it's strange that there is no mention of it on NFL.com since they made sure that everyone knew they fired Cruz. By the way that was in the Browns/Chargers match up.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am

A lot of people are really upset we lost this game, and I get it. It was extremely disappointing but there are some positives to take away from it. The Chargers, a team that's pretty well loaded with talent on both sides of the football needed the officials to spot them 22 points to beat us. Without the poor officiating we likely win the game, and win it handily. If we were to play them in the playoffs, I don't think we make the same mistakes we were making against them in the second half.

Right now, I just want this team to get into the playoffs. I don't care how they get there. Obviously a bye week would've been nice to get guys healthy, but if we can get in as a division leader, or as a wild card we can hang with any team in the league. Doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there. Just look at the Cardinals team we played in Super Bowl 43. Nobody gave them a snowball's chance in Hell of being in the playoffs, much less going to the Super Bowl and nearly beating one of our all time great teams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 am

solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Did you guys see this?  Check out the article and let me know what you think.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6237609-video-steelers-blocked-field-goal-at-end-of-game-should-ve-counted-thanks-to-chargers-illegal-snap/partners/42767?fbclid=IwAR1wsCfoz-8c9WsdbFPcTjQ2wFT48sHJMJLnLCXsQxsqMazt_HGQ3YjK3vs

This is what I've been saying. It's easy to say "we just didn't get the calls". It doesn't matter to me how bad any team plays any game. I'm saying these are not "missed calls". I believe they are intentionally looking the other way not just in our games. I've watched a lot more games besides ours and it's happening all the time. If you watch you can pick the favorites like the Patriots**.Rarely do you see a call go against them unfairly.
In the Bengals/Broncos game  the play clock expired on a big gain 3 seconds (I counted) before Denver snapped the ball and no flag.
Call me paranoid but I'm convinced they're scripting games.

Again my question. How can teams who totally dominate in the first disappear in the second half. Quit tackling, quit covering and just shit all over themselves.

The Patriots** were caught red handed on several occasions and it just went away.

Like you, I watch a lot of games (3 or 4 a week including ours) and the officiating this year is just plain terrible. Sometimes it favors one team, but sometimes it's also both teams that suffer. Maybe it's time for some new and younger blood as the games seem going too fast for those almost 80 year old refs.

I will also add that as long as people can bet on sports games you will see some strange things happen. Vegas can't lose money you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4