Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWild card weekend Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wild card weekend

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
Lokki
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

It's wildcard weekend - who you got?
Sat (4:35PM) Colts @ Texans:
The colts have been on a roll. I didn't watch the last meeting, but I know each team has won as the away team. While I really don't care who wins this game my concern is who has the better chance to beat the Patriots***** should they meet down the road. Defensively, I think the Texans have the better chance to pressure Brady. Offensively, I think Luck brings the better team to beat the Pats****** defense.
I believe the Colts edge out the Texans on a late 4th quarter drive

Sat (8:15PM) Seahawks @ Cowboys:
I hate the cowboys, no really, they flow between #2 and #3 (with the ratbirds) on my "I hate these teams" list with only the Patriots***** remaining at the number 1. So I would love for the Seahawks to come in to Dallas and devastate the Cowboys and their fanbase.

Sun (1:05PM) Chargers @ Ravens:
Well, we saw what the Chargers have when the officials don't show them any favoritism and they actually get penalties called against them. The ravens shut them down the first time and stunned them with a victory. I anticipate the ratbird fans to be overly excited about this one, and the team to be fired up. So what's it going to take for the Chargers to pull this one off? Easy, the refs will have to remember the NFL wants an all LA Super Bowl and the Chargers are the one team which needs the help. Ok, all jokes aside, this Chargers team is talented but so is the ratbirds defense. The offense with Jackson behind center opens up options. Bottom line, Chargers will need to play the type of game they played against the Chiefs in order to silence the ratbirds and their fans.
I'm pulling for the Chargers, because we all know the ratbirds don't belong in the playoffs.

Sun (4:40PM) Eagles @ Bears:
The Eagles were written off a long time ago, BUT FOLES!
The Bears with Trubisky and a stout defense have managed a great season (all things considered).
Can Foles recreate the magic he put together in the 2018 playoffs? Probably not.
I believe Trubisky does enough to not lose the game and the Bears defense takes over in the 2nd half.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wild card weekend 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 10:39 am

stlrtruck wrote:
It's wildcard weekend - who you got?
Sat (4:35PM) Colts @ Texans:
The colts have been on a roll.  I didn't watch the last meeting, but I know each team has won as the away team.  While I really don't care who wins this game my concern is who has the better chance to beat the Patriots****** should they meet down the road.  Defensively, I think the Texans have the better chance to pressure Brady.  Offensively, I think Luck brings the better team to beat the Pats******* defense.
I believe the Colts edge out the Texans on a late 4th quarter drive

Sat (8:15PM) Seahawks @ Cowboys:
I hate the cowboys, no really, they flow between #2 and #3 (with the ratbirds) on my "I hate these teams" list with only the Patriots****** remaining at the number 1.  So I would love for the Seahawks to come in to Dallas and devastate the Cowboys and their fanbase.

Sun (1:05PM) Chargers @ Ravens:
Well, we saw what the Chargers have when the officials don't show them any favoritism and they actually get penalties called against them.  The ravens shut them down the first time and stunned them with a victory.  I anticipate the ratbird fans to be overly excited about this one, and the team to be fired up.  So what's it going to take for the Chargers to pull this one off?  Easy, the refs will have to remember the NFL wants an all LA Super Bowl and the Chargers are the one team which needs the help.  Ok, all jokes aside, this Chargers team is talented but so is the ratbirds defense.  The offense with Jackson behind center opens up options.  Bottom line, Chargers will need to play the type of game they played against the Chiefs in order to silence the ratbirds and their fans.
I'm pulling for the Chargers, because we all know the ratbirds don't belong in the playoffs.

Sun (4:40PM) Eagles @ Bears:
The Eagles were written off a long time ago, BUT FOLES!
The Bears with Trubisky and a stout defense have managed a great season (all things considered).
Can Foles recreate the magic he put together in the 2018 playoffs?  Probably not.
I believe Trubisky does enough to not lose the game and the Bears defense takes over in the 2nd half.

If the Colts win they play against the Chiefs in the next round because they are the lowest seed and the Patriots* need to play the Ravens/Chargers. So I'm rooting for the Colts as I'm convinced the Patriots* will be one and done if they need to play the Ravens or Chargers.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Texans, Cowboys, Chargers, and Bears move on.

Last edited by Lokki on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected to Bears, which is what I meant instead of Eagles. I was looking at the matchups and typed the wrong one.)
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 1:06 am

For me when the Steelers are out it all boils down to Pats*, rats, and Cowboys don't make it to the SB. Hoping for Chargers and Seahawks wins this week. I don't think it matters so much who plays Pats* in first game, it'll likely need to come down to KC beating them in the AFC CG

Shalieve5090

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 11:17 am

Im gonna say Texans, Seahawks, Chargers and the Eagles will pull the upset and beat the bears
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Not looking good for the Texans right now. :/
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Texans are looking just plain bad so far.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 6:33 pm

jak341 wrote:

Yeah they are. I didn't expect this type game out of them

Shalieve5090

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Man Allen Hurns suffered a nasty ankle break. If you didnt see it you might not want to
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 11:27 pm

KC gets the colts. Who is the more likely option to beat Pats* next week, Balt or Chargers? Balt has #1 defense but a rookie QB, they've beaten them in NE before in playoffs, never want to hope for them to win but my NE hatred supersedes all else. Chargers have the upper level veteran QB, defense is 9th total...maybe the better option.

effyou515

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:54 am

hope they all tie

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 am

jak341 wrote:

The Texans went full Steelers on the Colts. Wild card weekend 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:28 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
KC gets the colts. Who is the more likely option to beat Pats** next week, Balt or Chargers? Balt has #1 defense but a rookie QB, they've beaten them in NE before in playoffs, never want to hope for them to win but my NE hatred supersedes all else. Chargers have the upper level veteran QB, defense is 9th total...maybe the better option.

I think the Chargers beat the Ravens today.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:55 am

1-1 with my picks yesterday.

I'm going with Chargers and Bears today.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Chargers are doing everything to give the game away, Ratbirds can't capitalize
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:36 pm

Lamar Jackson looks terrible. Why Harbaugh hasn't gone to Flacco idk
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Ratbirds eliminated. Chargers almost blew a 23-3 lead with like 5 mins left. I just hope they can knock out NE next week
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:43 pm

good thing the Ravens didn't but Flacco in imo would of won the game. you know Flacco would of got atleast 3 long pass interference call against the Chargers. Wild card weekend 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Called it, Eagles pulled the upset after Parkey banged yet another kick off the upright. The eagles Cinderella story continues. And even better it sends Dallas to the Rams
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm

effyou515 wrote:
good thing the Ravens didn't but Flacco in imo would of won the game. you know Flacco would of got atleast 3 long pass interference call against the Chargers. Wild card weekend 1797695198

In all seriousness, that was a tough call. Your team is down 2 scores in the 4th. You have a SB winning veteran QB on the bench, who put his helmet on and came up to the coach.

If you switch at that point, it undermines your future franchise QB. If the Ravens pull it out, you suddenly have a QB controversy in the playoffs! And what do you do with Flacco at season's end?

If you stay, as Harbaugh did, you will be questioned if you made the right call. Your young rookie QB wasn't getting the job done.

Based on today's decision by Harbaugh, Flacco has to be out. How can you keep him after he came up to you with his helmet on at the end of the 3rd?

Edit: Harbaugh said as much: Flacco is done in Baltimore. https://sports.yahoo.com/john-harbaugh-lamar-jackson-ravens-future-joe-flacco-will-market-224057115.html
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 am

Bleh, thanks to the Bears kicker, I was only 2-2 with my picks this weekend.

I'm going with Saints, Rams, Chiefs, and Chargers for the Divisional round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wild card weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild card weekend   Wild card weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild card weekend
Page 1 of 1