Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMorgan Burnett Wants Out Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Morgan Burnett Wants Out

Go down 
+7
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
effyou515
Lokki
solardave
Wallace108
jak341
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Morgan Burnett Wants Out Empty
PostSubject: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Says he feels out of position.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/19/steelers-s-morgan-burnett-asking-to-be-released/
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Bye Morgan Burnett Wants Out 2000130356

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Remember I posted about Cam saying there were others in the team who needed to decide if they want to play here or not?

I think we found it. I would trade him to somewhere for a 7th rounder. Maybe Arizona or the Jets.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 3:49 am

Maybe being played "out of position" was part of the problem but I don't see him as a key player going forward. I'm not sure if he was being played out of position or just got caught out of position to many times. I do believe Edmunds will take the next step and we'll be fine at safety.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 am

Morgan Burnett Wants Out Giphy
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 8:04 am

I'd tell him it'll cost him the cap hit. What is that? 2.8 mil. Cost of doing business Mr. Burnett. I know CBA won't allow it but hey. A man can try.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 am

Makes millions of dollars, still not happy. Morgan Burnett Wants Out 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 1:10 pm

if you look at the stats, burnett didn't do much last year. 30 tackles, 0 ints, 0 sacks, 1 tackle for loss, 6 passes defended.
bottom line is they were not any better with burnett than without.
he played in 11 games and only started 2. perhaps thats why he wants out.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 pm

You ask me he is dumb as rocks. He could have sat back and collected a nice paycheck this next year for a minimal amount of snaps on the field. Ego is a hell of a thing...
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Actually this post just reminded me he was in Pittsburgh in 2018

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if you look at the stats, burnett didn't do much last year. 30 tackles, 0 ints, 0 sacks, 1 tackle for loss, 6 passes defended.
bottom line is they were not any better with burnett than without.
he played in 11 games and only started 2. perhaps thats why he wants out.

Yeah I don't think he's going to be in much demand.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 am

fine, pay back your signing bonus and you are free to leave
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Bye. Damaged goods.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 pm

he was damn good at trailing wide open WRs last year.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 8:30 am

2.8 That's an expensive "rented mule" but in his defense he was beat a lot. Morgan Burnett Wants Out 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 9:16 pm

i don't blame burnett for his failings. i blame the same people he does. tomlin, colbert, and Butler.
the reason he wants out is because of the way they used him. once again they tried putting the square peg in a round hole.
burnette before he got here was known for being a hard hitting run stopping strong safety, not a ball hawk or a great coverage guy. the steelers used him as a hybrid strong safety/free safety/ dime linebacker.
and why did they have him play that way ? BECAUSE WILLIAMS AND BOSTIC SUCK.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i don't blame burnett for his failings. i blame the same people he does. tomlin, colbert, and Butler.
the reason he wants out is because of the way they used him. once again they tried putting the square peg in a round hole.
burnette before he got here was known for being a hard hitting run stopping strong safety, not a ball hawk or a great coverage guy. the steelers used him as a hybrid strong safety/free safety/ dime linebacker.

I still don't think Vince Williams sucks. He's just being forced to try to do too much. Shazier was the kind of guy that was so good that the other guys could play to their strengths. Williams is being forced to drop back and cover more since they lost Shazzy's versatility in that regard. Williams will always be better playing up in the box, stopping the run, and going after the QB. He can cover in spots, but is a more of a liability in that area.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 4:41 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Good point.I admit I didn't look at it that way. This seems to be a theme with these guys too. With the exception of Hayden when's the last FA brought in that was good enough to start for us long term? I'm not talking about Williams either because he's being asked to do what he's not good at.

The league is evolving. 10 years ago you didn't see RBs lining up at WR unless it was a gimmick. 10 years ago the average TE didn't look like an OT and run fast like a WR. So IMO the fault does lie with Tomlin,Colbert and Butler for not catching up both in the draft and with FA signings.

I don't fault Butler as much because he has to work with who they give him. His fault is not making the best of what he has. Not seeing if his scheme isn't working he needs to come up with a better scheme. He's not an innovator for sure.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Butler isnt calling the D Tomlin is.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 8:25 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Good point.I admit I didn't look at it that way. This seems to be a theme with these guys too. With the exception of Hayden when's the last FA brought in that was good enough to start for us long term? I'm not talking about Williams either because he's being asked to do what he's not good at.

The league is evolving. 10 years ago you didn't see RBs lining up at WR unless it was a gimmick. 10 years ago the average TE didn't look like an OT and run fast like a WR. So IMO the fault does lie with Tomlin,Colbert and Butler for not catching up both in the draft and with FA signings.

I don't fault Butler as much because he has to work with who they give him. His fault is not making the best of what he has. Not seeing if his scheme isn't working he needs to come up with a better scheme. He's not an innovator for sure.  

well i agree and disagree. they are or were trying to evolve by bringing in smaller faster linebackers like shazier and sean spence. guys who can run a 4.6 forty and keep up with backs and tight ends. they have also been looking at bigger strong safeties for run support. guys like troy and shazier are prototypes for the kind of defence they wanna play.
slow heavy footed guys like vince williams (pro day... 4.76 40-yard dash time and poor quickness (4.67 short shuttle, 7.53 three-cone highlight his limitations.this is at 233lbs) is not.
don't get me wrong. i liked vince as a backup, but not as a starter, and i doubt any other team would have him as a starter.bostic is another vince williams. thats why he has been cut so many times.
vince and bostic are the reason they are trying to use safeties as linebackers.
with that said, ILB Devin bush who ran i think a 4.4 forty should be on top of their wish list since devin white will be way out of their reach. his only knock is he is only 5'11".
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 8:10 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

well i agree and disagree. they are or were trying to evolve by bringing in smaller faster linebackers like shazier and sean spence. guys who can run a 4.6 forty and keep up with backs and tight ends. they have also been looking at bigger strong safeties for run support. guys like troy and shazier are prototypes for the kind of defence they wanna play.
slow heavy footed guys like vince williams (pro day... 4.76 40-yard dash time and poor quickness (4.67 short shuttle, 7.53 three-cone highlight his limitations.this is at 233lbs) is not.
don't get me wrong. i liked vince as a backup, but not as a  starter, and i doubt any other team would have him as a starter.bostic is another vince williams. thats why he has been cut so many times.
vince and bostic are the reason they are trying to use safeties as linebackers.
with that said, ILB Devin bush who ran i think a 4.4 forty should be on top of their wish list since devin white will be way out of their reach. his only knock is he is only 5'11".

looks like colbert finally has seen the light regarding his drafting schemes. i pointed out the way they have been looking at LB and safeties, and they have the same theme for CB. instead of looking for solid run stopping linebackers, they have been looking for linebackers that can play against the pass...but when it comes to corners and safeties they look for ones that can play the run rather than pass...WTF ?...so what they've ended up with is NOBODY thats any good a defending the pass. with the exception of an aging often injured joe haden
Quote :

NFL combine: Steelers rethinking their approach to drafting corners

After a couple of recent early draft picks did not pan out and after evaluating what his defense needs most to improve, Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert and his staff are changing their philosophy on how they evaluate cornerback prospects in advance of this year’s draft.

For years, the Steelers coveted size and tackling ability in their corners, but Colbert said college players that showed ball-hawking skills will be valued more as the team evolves with changes in the league.

“The game has changed,” Colbert said. “Look, we sacked the quarterback at a very good rate, but our takeaways are not very good at all. It’s really reflective on the players we have back there. What we want to look at, what we want to value looking forward, is let’s value the takeaway-capable guys who have shown they’ve been able to do that in college.

“Our game has always been about getting physical players who can come off the edge and close off the edge and make a tackle. But are they doing that at the expense of not making plays on the football? We have to maybe try to find that balance and maybe be more open to the concept that the game is constantly changing, and if you want playmakers in the back end, then find someone who has done it.”

more here..... https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/03/05/Steelers-NFL-combine-cornerbacks-Greedy-Williams-Deandre-Baker-Byron-Murphy/stories/201903050117
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:23 pm

Agent: Steelers to release S Burnett by April 1

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers' big free-agent signing from 2018 lasted one season.

The Steelers have informed safety Morgan Burnett they will release him by April 1, as per the player's request, Burnett's agent, Kevin Conner, told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26331056/agent-steelers-release-s-burnett-april-1

don't want to be here, see ya.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 5:16 am

I love the fact that Colbert was trying to trade him... Everyone knows you're going to release Burnett, why would anyone put up draft capital, even a late rounder for a guy that can't stay on the field?

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 3:35 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I love the fact that Colbert was trying to trade him... Everyone knows you're going to release Burnett, why would anyone put up draft capital, even a late rounder for a guy that can't stay on the field?
I thought that too.
Coincidentally this question was asked of Bob Labriola in his "asked and answered" segment and here is what he said: : a team may consider Burnett's current remaining contract with the Steelers better than what they could negotiate on the open market.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Burnett is out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morgan Burnett Wants Out   Morgan Burnett Wants Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Morgan Burnett Wants Out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: