Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homefree agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire

Go down 
+2
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire Empty
PostSubject: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 am

comments by walterfootball.com

Jadeveon Clowney is one of the top edge players in the NFL. He's a fearsome pass rusher, and he's even better in run support. He's also just 26, so he'll continue to improve as long as the motivation is there.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019all.php#S9GfGm13sWAOXGMM.99

Jordan Hicks, ILB, Eagles. Age: 27.
The Eagles have plenty of big-name free agents this offseason. If there's one player they must re-sign, it's Jordan Hicks. He's the heart and soul of the defense, which absolutely falls apart if he's ever out of the lineup. Hicks is entering his prime as well, so he'll continue to improve.

Landon Collins, S, Giants. Age: 25.
Landon Collins is a terrific play-making safety. The Giants will desperately want to retain him, as he's just 25 and can still make improvements to his game. Collins missed December because of a shoulder injury that required surgery, but he should be 100 percent by September

Adrian Amos, S, Bears. Age: 26.
Adrian Amos isn't quite an elite safety, but he's pretty close and young enough to move up in status. He's a terrific player and should command a huge contract this offseason unless he's franchised.

Steven Nelson, CB, Chiefs. Age: 25.
Steven Nelson was Kansas City's best outside cornerback last year. That's not saying much, but Nelson played on a high level. He has improved each season, and at just 25, the sky's the limit for him.

Bryce Callahan, CB, Bears. Age: 27.
Bryce Callahan is one of the top slot cornerbacks in the NFL. He was lost late in the year with a broken foot, but he should be 100 percent by the time training camp starts.

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Redskins. Age: 26.
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was inexplicably traded from the Packers to the Redskins during the season. Clinton-Dix improved Washington's secondary. He's an excellent cover safety. He might miss some tackles, but he's a defensive play-maker

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 2:35 am

I'd take Landon Collins and Jordan Hicks. Instant upgrades to our secondary and LB unit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 4:05 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'd take Landon Collins and Jordan Hicks. Instant upgrades to our secondary and LB unit.

Since we can pick up an edge rusher in the draft. Clowney seems to be hurt a lot so I think Collins and Hicks makes sense to me too.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 4:55 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Since we can pick up an edge rusher in the draft. Clowney seems to be hurt a lot so I think Collins and Hicks makes sense to me too.

They're both still young as well, and would bring veteran leadership and physicality to a defense that needs to get nastier. I don't trust Clowney. Guy is too up and down. When he's motivated he's one of the best in football, but there seems to be these stints with this guy where he gets hurt, or lacks motivation and doesn't produce nearly as much as he should be. I have to agree, the draft is a better route if we want to add some pass rushing depth, we also have Ola Adeniyi waiting in the wings, I'd like to see how he's grown with an offseason under his belt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 am

Yeah I'm hoping Adeniyi takes Dupree's job away form him this year. I don't have anything against Bud as a person. I just think we can get better on his side.

You're right about Clowney. He's hot and cold when he's on the field. I also think he has issues with himself. He just looks on the field like when he's having a bad game he can't seem to turn it around,tries too hard and gets injured.

The only one on this list I wonder about is Clinton-Dix. When a good player gets shipped off mid season it's usually an indication of a disruptive locker room personality. I'd pass on him for that reason.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 am

they should have signed hunt
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 5:21 pm

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

sure we can pick one up....doesn't mean they will be any good. free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire 2087824411 , wiffing on jason worilds and dupree has set the defense back. i mean they could have found a good inside linebacker or DB instead of wasting three 1st rd picks to find one good OLB.

clowney is going to be expensive and a little bit of a gamble considering his production hasn't lived up to his draft hype. 29 sacks in 55 starts , but he has 67 qb hits compare to duprees 20 sacks in 55 starts with only 33 qb hits.

i'm going to be really disappointed if they pay dupree 9 million this season or they extend his contract. standing pat on mediocre players waiting for them to get better is a problem the steelers have had for a long time...for every james harrison their is 20 daniel McCullers.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 4:25 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

sure we can pick one up....doesn't mean they will be any good. free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire 2087824411 , wiffing on jason worilds and dupree has set the defense back. i mean they could have found a good inside linebacker or DB instead of wasting three 1st rd picks to find one good OLB.

clowney is going to be expensive and a little bit of a gamble considering his production hasn't lived up to his draft hype. 29 sacks in 55 starts , but he has 67 qb hits compare to duprees 20 sacks in 55 starts with only 33 qb hits.

i'm going to be really disappointed if they pay dupree 9 million this season or they extend his contract. standing pat on mediocre players waiting for them to get better is a problem the steelers have had for a long time...for every james harrison their is 20 daniel McCullers.

You're right. Do you think Adeniyi will pan out? Not enough playing time I know and it puts us in the position to roll the dice and not pay Dupree. I don't think Dupree is as bad as Worilds but I agree he's not worth the 9 mil. I think he's shown his full potential.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 5:00 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

You're right. Do you think Adeniyi will pan out? Not enough playing time I know and it puts us in the position to roll the dice and not pay Dupree. I don't think Dupree is as bad as Worilds but I agree he's not worth the 9 mil. I think he's shown his full potential.

i don't like to judge a player too much by what they did in a few preseason games against opponents that aren't even in the NFL. those tackles he beat for sacks are probably working at walmart. that's why if i were the coach and had a player shine in preseason i'd give them a few reps with the first team against real NFL competition to get a better evaluation.

would a roll the dice on Adeniyi and let Dupree go instead of paying him 9 million....HELL YES. Dupree has shown me nothing to think he is going to be any better than what we have seen. most of his sacks are from the QB holding the ball too long. not once have i seen him own the offense tackle and flat out beat the shit out of him the way james harrison did. his hand usage and moves has not improved much in 55 games. james harrison would literally push his blocker back to the QB...ever see Dupree do that ?

Dupree showed he is a good athlete at the combine. he is pretty fast for a guy his size. why they wouldn't try him at inside linebacker is beyond me. lawrence timmons was not an inside linebacker in college. he has years of experience doing combat with blockers and i bet he is faster and a better athlete than vince williams.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 8:26 pm

this off season draft for offense and pick up free agents for defense. because when Mason takes over I'd like to see me playing with the best offensive weapons as possible.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 am

solardave wrote:
Yeah I'm hoping Adeniyi takes Dupree's job away form him this year. I don't have anything against Bud as a person. I just think we can get better on his side.

You're right about Clowney. He's hot and cold when he's on the field. I also think he has issues with himself. He just looks on the field like when he's having a bad game he can't seem to turn it around,tries too hard and gets injured.

The only one on this list I wonder about is Clinton-Dix. When a good player gets shipped off mid season it's usually an indication of a disruptive locker room personality. I'd pass on him for that reason.

Someone in Gerry Dulac's Post Gazette chat yesterday suggested replacing Dupree with a traffic cone free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire 2981382511

Hopefully get an established CB in free agency since they can't seem to pick a decent one in the draft. Use AB's draft pick, and Steelers #1, to get LB and WR...unless of course they get a 6 pick for AB

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 10:21 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

agreed free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire 184121345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire   free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire Empty

Back to top Go down

free agents steelers SHOULD seriously consider trying to aquire
Page 1 of 1