Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAre we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Are we going CB #1 again?

Go down 
+9
effyou515
jak341
stlrtruck
Great Randino
kirklandrules
Wallace108
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 12:09 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Drew Lock, QB, lol

Yeah but only if we give up all 10 of our picks to trade up. Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 1797695198 Ditka would be proud.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 8:14 pm

after much reading of draft reports and opinions, i am starting to be torn between wilson or bush for my wish list. steeler depot did some pretty in depth player profiles and they seem to be the opposite of almost every body else. by that i mean they have wilson as a first rd pick and bush as a second. most of the talking heads are going the other way... Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 2829330259

they are also pretty high on greedy williams.

they gave Tre Lamar a draft grade of UDFA... Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 190127080

here is there list of profiled p[layers....scroll to the bottom and click on a name
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/2019-nfl-draft-player-profiles-boston-college-fs-lukas-denis/
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Gotta say, I’m all in on Bush at this point and I’m doubtful he’ll even slip to us at 20...

Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 Drizz10
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Bush wont be there at 20.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 6:55 am

Mack Wilson should be there.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
after much reading of draft reports and opinions, i am starting to be torn between wilson or bush for my wish list. steeler depot did some pretty in depth player profiles and they seem to be the opposite of almost every body else. by that i mean they have wilson as a first rd pick and bush as a second. most of the talking heads are going the other way... Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 2829330259

they gave Tre Lamar a draft grade of UDFA... Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 190127080

here is there list of profiled p[layers....scroll to the bottom and click on a name
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/2019-nfl-draft-player-profiles-boston-college-fs-lukas-denis/

I normally don't agree with Depot and their analysis, but I've maintained that Wilson is a better player than Bush. Bush has a great motor and if the Steelers take him he'll do well. Wilson is just a better player right now.

As for Greedy Williams, that guy is built like a freak CB with tons of talent. However, he's not all that great against the run. My feeling is the Steelers would pass on him if he's there at #20, but what do I know?
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 3:32 am

Yeah as really he is a beast that Williams but where would he fit?! Needs the right kind of scheme for the defense.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 5:06 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I normally don't agree with Depot and their analysis, but I've maintained that Wilson is a better player than Bush. Bush has a great motor and if the Steelers take him he'll do well. Wilson is just a better player right now.

As for Greedy Williams, that guy is built like a freak CB with tons of talent. However, he's not all that great against the run. My feeling is the Steelers would pass on him if he's there at #20, but what do I know?

He's also a press man coverage player, just like Artie Burns (Greedy is better though), but he's not so good in zone which we play mostly. So I'm not a big fan of taking him.

That article from Steelers Depot is 2 months old btw. Not a fan of Devin Bush, his tape doesn't convince me and I'm not so high on Mack Wilson either. I like Vosean Joseph and Germaine Pratt more. Devin White is the only LB worth drafting in the first imo.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 5:13 am

I would like to have one of the pass rushers drop to us in the first. I would be very happy with either Ferrell, Sweat or Burns (in that order) or if they're gone Byron Murphy. He's the best CB imo.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 11:44 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I would like to have one of the pass rushers drop to us in the first. I would be very happy with either Ferrell, Sweat or Burns (in that order) or if they're gone Byron Murphy. He's the best CB imo.

I like Murphy too. Of the top 3 CBs, I'm not sold on one over the other. They all have strengths and weaknesses that prevent clear separation from each other.

Murphy has a really high football IQ and definitely gets himself in position to make a play on the ball. But he's the slowest of the top 3 guys and tends to get a little too grabby when he's beat. And he's not that strong against the run (getting off blocks in particular).

Baker is considered by some to be the top CB. I like him as well. But go watch his game against Missouri ... he got his a$$ whipped by their speed. IDK, maybe he was sick or just had a bad day, it happens. I think he's smaller than the other two.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 6:48 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I like Murphy too. Of the top 3 CBs, I'm not sold on one over the other. They all have strengths and weaknesses that prevent clear separation from each other.

Murphy has a really high football IQ and definitely gets himself in position to make a play on the ball. But he's the slowest of the top 3 guys and tends to get a little too grabby when he's beat. And he's not that strong against the run (getting off blocks in particular).

Baker is considered by some to be the top CB. I like him as well.  But go watch his game against Missouri  ... he got his a$$ whipped by their speed. IDK, maybe he was sick or just had a bad day, it happens. I think he's smaller than the other two.

It's clear that this class of CB's isn't excellent, almost the whole class lacks speed except for Greedy Williams. That's why at least 2 and maybe even 3 of these guys will be available at 20. I like Murphy the most because Baker probably can play only the slot in the NFL and because Greedy Williams is too lazy against the run. He just doesn't seem interested anymore once the ball isn't thrown into his direction. I think Murphy is the most complete player of these 3. I prefer Hockenson or Fant over these CB's but unfortunately it looks like the Steelers aren't interested in these guys since Tomlin and/or Colbert didn't go to the Iowa pro day.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 11:25 am

i remember a pretty good CB that wanted no part in making a tackle. his name was deion sanders. colbert made it pretty clear they were changing their DB draft philosophy of putting good tackling corners over good cover corners , hoping to generate more turnovers.
personally i think they have failed miserably at even selecting good tackling corners. when "stone hands" ike taylor is the best corner back you have had in the last 25 years , that means you're doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 5:48 am

Although there seems to be a ton of edge rushers available there are not a lot of DBs or ILBs. If you look at mocks all the really good edge guys will be gone. It remains to be seen how many sleepers there are in all of these categories. I hope for a change our we can get a sleeper instead of a guy who is just asleep. I'd love to be able to say "this guy is a rare find" instead of where in the hell did this guy come from? Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 1797695198
I have a feeling this is going to be one of the more interesting drafts in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 12:46 am

I fully expect the Steelers are going to trade up in the first round. Who they end up with, time will tell, but I think they have their eyes on a few guys in particular and want to make sure to get one of them. Could be something along the lines of, "make sure we get one of these: Devin White, Devin Bush, Greedy Williams." Something like that.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 3:29 am

This mock would make sense if we don't move

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024602/article/fourround-2019-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-select-qb-in-round-4

Bush, Mullen and Ridley

ILB-CB-WR
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 2:46 pm

This is why we shouldn't even consider drafting a CB in the 1st.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/04/19/NFL-draft-pittsburgh-steelers-cornerbacks-2019/stories/201904190099
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 10:28 pm

if they do go CB. i hope it is byron murphy. if they go edge, i hope it is burns.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 9:47 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if they do go CB. i hope it is byron murphy. if they go edge, i hope it is burns.

I agree about Byron Murphy. Kid just looks like he loves to hit and when the ball is in the air it belongs to him. But Bush is gonna be there and we'll be stuck with him. Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 1378315869
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I agree about Byron Murphy. Kid just looks like he loves to hit and when the ball is in the air it belongs to him. But Bush is gonna be there and we'll be stuck with him. Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 1378315869

i don't know man. all the talking heads seem to think he will at the very least go by 13 to the bengals. a bunch of them think the steelers should trade up before that to get him. i think the price is just too steep. their reasoning is that no way 10 draftees make the roster. that may be factually correct, but those 2nd and / or, 3rd rounders they would have to give up have a much better chance of making it compared to the 5th, 6th and 7th rounders.

i would rather go BPA , and maybe trade up in the 2nd for a player of need.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

i don't know man. all the talking heads seem to think he will at the very least go by 13 to the bengals. a bunch of them think the steelers should trade up before that to get him. i think the price is just too steep. their reasoning is that no way 10 draftees make the roster. that may be factually correct, but those 2nd and / or,  3rd rounders they would have to give up have a much better chance of making it compared to the 5th, 6th and 7th rounders.

i would rather go BPA , and maybe trade up in the 2nd for a player of need.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I think Bush will be there at 20=BPA and we trade up in the 2nd and the next BPA that should have gone in the first...say a CB or Noah Fant or an OLB we grab him..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we going CB #1 again?   Are we going CB #1 again? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we going CB #1 again?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: