Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBroken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage Empty
PostSubject: Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage   Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:44 am

By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

By now, you might have heard Ben Roethlisberger plays pretty well against the Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers have won seven games in a row in the contentious series with Big Ben at quarterback, including postseason wins last season and in 2008. They'll try to make it eight Sunday afternoon in Baltimore.

You probably also know some of Roethlisberger's signature moments against the Ravens. His five first-half touchdown passes and perfect 158.3 passer rating at Heinz Field in 2007. His winning 4-yard touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes with 43 seconds left at M&T Bank Stadium in '08. His 65-yard touchdown pass to Holmes in the AFC championship game at Heinz Field that same season. His winning 9-yard touchdown pass to Isaac Redman with 2:59 left at M&T Bank Stadium last season. The comeback he led from a 21-7 halftime deficit in a divisional playoff game at Heinz Field last season. His 58-yard pass to Antonio Brown to set up the winning touchdown in that game.

But you'll never guess the career highlight Roethlisberger most cherishes against the Ravens.

Would you believe it's his broken nose in the game in Baltimore last season?

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11251/1173215-87-0.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1XQZ0Vu1E

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage   Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:27 am

From the article:

"I know people say I hold the ball too long and take too many sacks,"
Roethlisberger said. "But I'd like to know how many other quarterbacks
would have taken a sack there.
Time was running down. We were low on
timeouts. I'm just going to keep fighting for every yard. I'm always
going to fight for everything for my guys."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would say 31 other ones, at least.

Broken Beak is Ben's Badge of Baltimore Courage
Page 1 of 1