Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJoe Haden has a broken fibula  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Joe Haden has a broken fibula

Go down 
+7
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
stlrtruck
JPPT1974
Hawaii 5-0
Wallace108
Lokki
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Joe Haden has a broken fibula  Empty
PostSubject: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 6:12 pm

We can't catch a break.. :(  

Quote :
Steelers cornerback Joe Haden will miss multiple weeks after he suffered a broken fibula during Pittsburgh's 20-17 victory over the Colts on Sunday, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/12/steelers-cornerback-joe-haden-injury-broken-fibula
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Lokki wrote:

Can't say the same for Haden.

Joe Haden has a broken fibula  Tenor

I was shocked when I heard this news because the injury didn't look too severe. Announcers thought it might have been a knee to knee hit. I thought maybe it was a hamstring or something. After we got him, one of my coworkers, who is a Browns fan, said, "You'll love Haden. Until he gets hurt. And he always gets hurt."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

I almost made that same joke in my post, but decided to keep it serious. lol
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Lokki wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

I almost made that same joke in my post, but decided to keep it serious. lol

My twisted sense of humor thanks you for passing it up. Joe Haden has a broken fibula  1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Joe Haden could miss only three weeks

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2017

The news initially was bad regarding Steelers cornerback Joe Haden. It may not be quite as bad as at first feared.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Haden could miss only three weeks with a slight fracture of the fibula. The injury will not require surgery.

The Steelers face the Titans, Packers, Bengals, and Ravens before a showdown with the Patriots* in Week 15.

Haden, signed by the Steelers after being cut by the Browns in August, has started all nine games this year. His absence will mean more reps for Coty Sensabaugh and veteran William Gay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/12/joe-haden-could-miss-only-three-weeks/
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Joe Haden could miss only three weeks

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2017

The news initially was bad regarding Steelers cornerback Joe Haden. It may not be quite as bad as at first feared.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Haden could miss only three weeks with a slight fracture of the fibula. The injury will not require surgery.

The Steelers face the Titans, Packers, Bengals, and Ravens before a showdown with the Patriots*** in Week 15.

Haden, signed by the Steelers after being cut by the Browns in August, has started all nine games this year. His absence will mean more reps for Coty Sensabaugh and veteran William Gay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/12/joe-haden-could-miss-only-three-weeks/

That would be great.  I was just hoping to get him back by the playoffs. That would get him back in time for the Pats* game at least.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Hate that for him. Seems like a nice guy though. Hope he gets better!

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 am

If he can get back in to the mix before the playoffs that would be great. My concern doesn't have anything to do with the next few opponents, but it has to do with the match in mid-December against the patri....I mean cheaters*****

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Joe Haden has a broken fibula  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Coty Sensabaugh confident filling in for Joe Haden

INDIANAPOLIS - Thursday night almost certainly will be the 30th NFL start for Coty Sensabaugh. It also will ensure that the cornerback will have at least one start in each of the six NFL seasons he's played.

Despite being the property of four different organizations over a 13-month span that ended earlier this year, Sensbaugh is no journeyman.

“That's the really crazy thing,” Sensabaugh was saying from the locker room after he was pressed into extensive defensive duty for the first time this season because Joe Haden suffered a broken fibula during Sunday's Steelers win at the Colts. “People get it confused; they act like my career I just have been all over the place. (But) I was in one place for four years, and then last year I just had a weird situation with one team.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/12941950-74/steelers-coty-sensabaugh-confident-filling-in-for-joe-haden

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Definitely sucks to see him go down. On the positive side the next 4 upcoming passing offenses aren't the best:

Tennessee/Cincy tied 27th, Green Bay 23rd and that was with Rogers for most of season, Baltimore 32nd

That gives 5 weeks recovery time until the cheats game.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 5:12 pm

o heck tape it up shoot him up with pain killers he'll be good to go. Joe Haden has a broken fibula  312503953

he's going to be missed imo Haden was the guy that really tied the years secondary together. would be great to have a healthy Haden for the playoffs.

don't care if the Steelers are facing a bunch of .500 teams the defense will have to shut them down to help out the offense

Joe Haden has a broken fibula  312503953 because the offense is going to score the least amount of points as possible Joe Haden has a broken fibula  312503953
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Glad it's not as bad as feared. Get well Joe. We're going to need you.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Has there been anything new about this today? Tomlin said a couple days ago it could be worse or better than they expected then.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:54 am

Why Gay when Hilton is healthy? And for that matter did Wilcox leave town? Sensabaugh seemed OK against the Colts. I hope he can hold his own while Hayden heals. I'd hate to have to say I miss Cockrell. Joe Haden has a broken fibula  1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 8:16 am

solardave wrote:
Why Gay when Hilton is healthy? And for that matter did Wilcox leave town? Sensabaugh seemed OK against the Colts. I hope he can hold his own while Hayden heals. I'd hate to have to say I miss Cockrell. Joe Haden has a broken fibula  1797695198
Joe Haden has a broken fibula  1647293567
I think we'd all hate so say we miss Cockrell

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 pm

solardave wrote:

Yeah I have a feeling we will be ok, the defense was on lockdown in the 2nd half. I do hope Haden is ready to go before we face the Pats*, we will need a healthy secondary for that. Not to mention that game will have huge playoff implications. Going to want that first round bye and preferably homefield. However there's the jagoffs breathing down our backs and we're 1 loss away from losing both the #1 and #2 seed since the h2h loss vs jacksonville
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/no-clarity-joe-haden-might-113230126.html

Quote :
This Sunday will mark three weeks since Haden’s injury and Haden will not play against the Bengals. Coach Mike Tomlin didn’t say whether that would change in Week 14 against the Ravens or for the Week 15 game against the Patriots* that Tomlin has his eyes on.

“No clarity on his situation and when he’ll return,” Tomlin said, via the Pittsburth Tribune-Review. “As we get close, I’ll ask more definitive questions about where he is.”

I'm positive we can defeat the bungals and ratbirds without Haden, but it is apparent our secondary suffers greatly without Haden.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 2:16 am

Steelers cornerback Joe Haden making 'good progress' from broken leg

JOE RUTTER | Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017

Joe Haden has a broken fibula  Jpeg

Joe Haden didn't want to talk about the New England Patriots* on Wednesday. Just not for the same reason as his teammates.

While most Steelers teammates preferred not discussing the matchup against the Patriots* in three weeks — the “elephant in the room,” according to coach Mike Tomlin — Haden doesn't have the luxury of looking ahead to any games on the schedule with a degree of certainty.

Three days after shedding the crutches he used since fracturing his fibula, the veteran cornerback offered no timetable for his return.

It could be against the Patriots* on Dec. 17. It could be for the Houston Texans on Christmas Day or the Cleveland Browns on New Year's Eve. Or maybe it won't be until the playoffs in January.

Haden doesn't have the immediate answer. The only certainty is he won't play in a third consecutive game Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13006970-74/steelers-cornerback-joe-haden-making-good-progress-from-broken-leg
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 1:44 am

I think he'll be back for the Patriots* game, I've got a feeling.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think he'll be back for the Patriots** game, I've got a feeling.

Depending on how the next two games go, I may prefer he not be present for the Patriots****** game.

If the Steelers beat the bungals and the ratbirds, then we clinch the division. Playing against the Patriots****** with a beaten up team during the regular season would give them the playoff advantage yes, but it also won't give them the tape they need against Haden or other injured stars.

However, I also want to see if this team can hang tough against the cheaters without some starters. That will give me hope going in to the playoffs. Now imagine, if by the grace of God, the Steelers beat the Patriots****** without starters in place. Then get these other guys back healthy and ready for the playoffs.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Haden has a broken fibula    Joe Haden has a broken fibula  Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Haden has a broken fibula
Page 1 of 1