Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs Empty
PostSubject: WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs   WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 am

“Winning” the spring only means so much. Which is to say, generally little. You have 31 other fanbases talking about how they have *the* sleeper that’ll take the league by storm. And as Mike Tomlin noted, we’ve seen players kick up dust during OTAs only to flame out once they get to Latrobe.

But we also know that in Pittsburgh at least, players and coaches have been able to identify talent from the get-go. It’s a topic we broached as the spring sessions began. Eli Rogers and Mike Hilton were identified before they made the 53 man roster.

So if you had to pick the next in line, it’s hard to ignore wide receiver Diontae Spencer. Time and time again, his name made its way in conversation. Most recently by ILB Vince Williams, the same way ILB Terence Garvin noticed Rogers several years ago. Williams mentioned Spencer’s name in recapping some of the players who stuck out to him in Teresa Varley’s article yesterday.

“The wide out, (Diontae) Spencer, he was killing it in Canada (in the CFL) and he was out here making splash plays,” he said.

Based on media reports, Spencer mixed in with the first-team throughout some of the OTA and minicamp sessions.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/06/wr-diontae-spencer-seems-to-be-the-winner-of-otas/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs   WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 3:58 am

This is going to make things interesting in camp. Not a bad position to be in at WR. Other than Ju Ju and Washington we could be looking at a whole new set of receivers.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs   WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 am

They have a knack for getting quality receivers. I wish they had the same mojo in acquiring DBs.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs   WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
They have a knack for getting quality receivers. I wish they had the same mojo in acquiring DBs.

Well there's Hayden and hopefully Nelson. I'm trying to defend Colbert,Tomlin and Art II but I got nothin'.
Maybe we're on the right track with DBs. If Layne pans out I think that will be a starting point. As much as I can't see Burns able to pull his head out of his ass I'd love to see him turn it around. I just think he's got some mental issues.( I don't mean like crazy mental) In this league you have to have a short memory and he obviously doesn't.

I have not even read a thing about Diontae Spencer until you posted this here Wally. I had no idea he was at OTAs. When did they pick him up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs   WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs Empty

Back to top Go down

WR Diontae Spencer Seems To Be The ‘Winner’ Of OTAs
Page 1 of 1