Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam

Go down 
+2
solardave
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam Empty
PostSubject: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am

Rocky Bleier thought he made peace with what happened in a rice paddy in Vietnam on Aug. 20, 1969.

What the former Pittsburgh Steelers running back didn't have though was closure until a trip back there last year.

Bleier's visit to Vietnam — the first time he had been back since being injured in battle — is the subject of ESPN's "The Return", which debuts Tuesday at 8 p.m. EDT on ESPN2. A shorter version began airing Saturday on "SportsCenter" as part of its weekly SC Featured series.

https://www.ncnewsonline.com/pennsylvania/espn-documentary-shows-bleier-s-emotional-return-to-vietnam/article_ae42acd8-a134-5d81-9c88-f54e8160c0b2.html?fbclid=IwAR2-otD7h5xGpiZhNXYJTG7XUwNkz5FfwVwbEpvqFzkTxY0tdElrETiq23M#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:35 am

Rocky has always been one of my favorites. The other story told was that the Chief held a roster spot for him even though Doctors told him he may never walk again let alone play in the NFL.
40 some years later we have Ryan Shazier. Most teams would write them off and not bother to take care of their own. One of the reasons I'm still a fan. That and the fact that it's stamped on my birth certificate. Pretty sure it's a legal thing. ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam 1797695198
Back to top Go down
BamaSteel
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 pm

That was a very powerful and inspiring program. Anyone could benefit from Rocky's story and his message to never give up. It also shows what an altruistic man The Chief was. Very special people that we don't have enough of in today's world. I recommend reading Rocky's book "Fighting Back" and the movie of the same name was good, too. Go Stillers!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 pm

BamaSteel wrote:
That was a very powerful and inspiring program. Anyone could benefit from Rocky's story and his message to never give up. It also shows what an altruistic man The Chief was. Very special people that we don't have enough of in today's world. I recommend reading Rocky's book "Fighting Back" and the movie of the same name was good, too. Go Stillers!

Amen!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 2:56 pm

BamaSteel wrote:
very well said. i was going to say something similiar. i will add that Bliers story should be told more often and never forgotten. this guy should be a roll model and inspiration to everybody. everything about him is truly remarkable.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:15 am

BamaSteel wrote:

Rocky is one of my all time faves. He was just ending up when I started watching the Steelers. Fighting Back the movie is available for free on YouTube. The quality isn't up to what we're used to in 2019, but it is watchable.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:17 pm

I watched the show yesterday. I knew the background story on Rocky well before this but to see him on his return to Vietnam was touching.

I wish they would've shown more of his trip to Vietnam.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam   ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN documentary shows Bleier's emotional return to Vietnam
Page 1 of 1