Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMyles Garrett should expect a significant suspension Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension

Go down 
+10
SteelerFreak58
Wallace108
Stella Nation
effyou515
kirklandrules
jak341
Shalieve5090
IowaSteeler927
solardave
LambertWardSteel
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension Empty
PostSubject: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 3:24 am

Posted by Mike Florio on November 15, 2019

The Browns will need to get used to playing without defensive end Myles Garrett.

With only seconds left in Thursday night’s win over over Pittsburgh, Garrett ripped the helmet from Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph and then struck Rudolph in the head with his own helmet.

It’s the most egregious single in-game incident since then-Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth stomped on the forehead of then-Cowboys center Andre Gurode, if not ever. Haynesworth received a five-game suspension for his infraction, a punishment imposed before the league had its player health and safety epiphany in 2009.

Garrett should be bracing for a significant suspension, one that should last at least through the balance of the regular season. Earlier this year, the league suspended Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict 12 games for his latest violation of safety rules.

Here’s the real question: Should Garrett be banished? It was, quite simply, an assault — an act for which he should, in theory, be prosecuted criminally. It happened beyond the confines of a football game, and if something like that happened on the street, Garrett currently would be in jail.

Garrett could have seriously injured Rudolph, or worse. It’s inexcusable, and the league must take serious and decisive action, immediately.

At a time when it has become more and more clear that Colin Kaepernick forfeited his NFL career for engaging in a peaceful protest prior to kickoff, it’s no stretch to argue that Garrett also should forfeit his......

Full article: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-should-expect-a-significant-suspension/

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 6:39 am

I turned the game with about 4 minutes to play so I didn't see this. What I did see was 4 helmet to helmet hits and only 2 called. This was the very definition of an ugly game. Both the way we played on offense and what the officials didn't call on their defense.

We lost this game because we didn't make key stops on defense and didn't make any plays worth mentioning of offense unless you want to talk about ugly. I'll also say this. Even when he gets time Rudolph holds the ball way to long. The way he is inconsistent takes me back to the days of Stout,Malone and Brister. No fond memories there. At this point I'd like to see what Hodges could do.At least he's mobile.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 am

I'm not on board with playing Hodges. Hodges got to start against a suspect Chargers team and nearly cost us the game with a horribly thrown deep ball that was intercepted. I think Hodges has shown promise to be a decent backup in the NFL, I don't know that his talents are at a level where he could be a consistent starter in this league.

The same can be said for Rudolph but Rudolph to me appears to have a better grasp of the offense. He's more heady, and goes through his reads. He doesn't get happy feet (though sometimes he needs to). The biggest knocks on him are that he seems to get rattled at times, and right now his pocket awareness isn't where it needs to be.

All of that being said, switching QBs right now would be a hindrance to this team. Duck's game is a little different than Rudolphs and I'm sure the playcalling is a little bit different in that regard. We're better off rolling with the guy who has more experience under his belt, and who has won more games.

I think people are putting way too much stock into last night's performance. Yes he threw a bunch of picks, but there was no running game to speak of which forced us to constantly throw the ball which made us predictable. When you're a struggling offense, being predictable is pretty much having one foot in the grave. Add to that the fact that Conner got injured, then Juju, then Johnson and all of our best playmakers were knocked out of the game offensively. We weren't that good when they are on the field, without them you're playing guys like Johnny Holton and we've seen ZERO production from that dude this season.

Rudolph had dudes in his face all game long. No QB is going to flourish in that situation. Brady wouldn't, Rodgers wouldn't, Peyton Manning wouldn't. With how poor our blocking has been, and with how inconsistent our receivers have been, it's amazing that Rudolph has been able to play mistake free football for the majority of this season. He took an absolute pounding last night, the o-line was absymal, and nobody was helping him out. He's a pure pocket passer, he needs good protection. He is not a mobile QB, and he doesn't have the talents of evasion that Ben possesses. That requires good o-line play, and I don't know that I've seen that this season. Those guys have really fallen off when you compare them to last season. Myles Garrett was absolutely embarrassing AV last night. It was tough to watch.

That being said I'm still behind Rudolph, I think the kid can play, I think we need to be better as a whole. It's not on one person right now. O-Line has to be better, the receivers have to be better, the backs have to be better, and yes Rudolph needs to be better. The entire offense is a mess, but I wouldn't put it all on Rudolph.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 8:49 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm not on board with playing Hodges. Hodges got to start against a suspect Chargers team and nearly cost us the game with a horribly thrown deep ball that was intercepted. I think Hodges has shown promise to be a decent backup in the NFL, I don't know that his talents are at a level where he could be a consistent starter in this league.

The same can be said for Rudolph but Rudolph to me appears to have a better grasp of the offense. He's more heady, and goes through his reads. He doesn't get happy feet (though sometimes he needs to). The biggest knocks on him are that he seems to get rattled at times, and right now his pocket awareness isn't where it needs to be.

All of that being said, switching QBs right now would be a hindrance to this team. Duck's game is a little different than Rudolphs and I'm sure the playcalling is a little bit different in that regard. We're better off rolling with the guy who has more experience under his belt, and who has won more games.

I think people are putting way too much stock into last night's performance. Yes he threw a bunch of picks, but there was no running game to speak of which forced us to constantly throw the ball which made us predictable. When you're a struggling offense, being predictable is pretty much having one foot in the grave. Add to that the fact that Conner got injured, then Juju, then Johnson and all of our best playmakers were knocked out of the game offensively. We weren't that good when they are on the field, without them you're playing guys like Johnny Holton and we've seen ZERO production from that dude this season.

Rudolph had dudes in his face all game long. No QB is going to flourish in that situation. Brady wouldn't, Rodgers wouldn't, Peyton Manning wouldn't. With how poor our blocking has been, and with how inconsistent our receivers have been, it's amazing that Rudolph has been able to play mistake free football for the majority of this season. He took an absolute pounding last night, the o-line was absymal, and nobody was helping him out. He's a pure pocket passer, he needs good protection. He is not a mobile QB, and he doesn't have the talents of evasion that Ben possesses. That requires good o-line play, and I don't know that I've seen that this season. Those guys have really fallen off when you compare them to last season. Myles Garrett was absolutely embarrassing AV last night. It was tough to watch.

That being said I'm still behind Rudolph, I think the kid can play, I think we need to be better as a whole. It's not on one person right now. O-Line has to be better, the receivers have to be better, the backs have to be better, and yes Rudolph needs to be better. The entire offense is a mess, but I wouldn't put it all on Rudolph.

You're right. However the only way I see MR as our future is if we get our OL straightened out. Not sure what that will take but I think a competent OL coach is in order. I agree he needs protection or he is going to get hurt bad. My only reason for starting Hodges is his mobility. The truth is if our line keeps playing like this we will probably see Hodges anyway. Just not for any logical reasons.
I also agree MR has had very little help from anyone.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Browns' Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely for role in fight vs. Steelers

The NFL has indefinitely suspended Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett for hitting Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph in the head with his helmet during Thursday night's game.

In addition, Steelers lineman Maurkice Pouncey has been suspended three games and Browns lineman Larry Ogunjobi for one game.

Rudolph has been banned for the remainder of the regular season and postseason, the NFL said. He also must meet with the commissioner's office prior to being reinstated next season.

All three players have been fined, and the St

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28087446/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-role-fight-vs-steelers

Last edited by LambertWardSteel on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Rudolph banned rest of season? WTF!?

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Pretty sure that's an error. Rudolph has not been punished at all idk why it says that
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Nothing on Rudolph yet officially. However, the NFL said further disciplinary actions are coming.

https://www.wpxi.com/amp/sports/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/fines-suspensions-handed-out-by-nfl-following-brawl-at-end-of-steelers-browns/1008821996?__twitter_impression=true
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 1:19 pm

I think pushing MR after he's been clubbed with his own helmet merits 3 games just like Pouncey. Am I wrong? 40 years ago this brawl would have been called a "skirmish". Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Browns fans on Reddit say the worst punishment the Steelers could face for this is having Mason be the starting QB and face no suspension.

Oof.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:22 pm

jak341 wrote:
Browns fans on Reddit say the worst punishment the Steelers could face for this is having Mason be the starting QB and face no suspension.

Oof.

Well they should know best about bad QB draft choices and ruining QBs.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm

I'm wondering if this will unite this team and get them playing with a chip on their shoulders. The O-Line has under-performed most of the season. Maybe last night's extra curricular activity will be an opportunity for some soul searching. Will they pull together and put a beating on the league, or just fold and call it a season?

As for MR, hell he seemed to be one of the few offensive players working his tail off. The line stunk, the backs totally blew in pass blocking situations and even the punter couldn't catch a good snap on a field goal. He's a young QB with no help. At his start, Ben had an outstanding running game, threw the ball only 10 - 15 times per game, and had the league's best defense.

Yeah MR doesn't look that great, but he's getting almost no help. It sucked seeing him throw to two practice squad guys.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Rooney needs to start the O-line rebuild this one getting long in tooth it showed against the Browns younger defensive front four in both run blocking and pass prothection..
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 3:58 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
I'm wondering if this will unite this team and get them playing with a chip on their shoulders.  The O-Line has under-performed most of the season. Maybe last night's extra curricular activity will be an opportunity for some soul searching. Will they pull together and put a beating on the league, or just fold and call it a season?

As for MR, hell he seemed to be one of the few offensive players working his tail off. The line stunk, the backs totally blew in pass blocking situations and even the punter couldn't catch a good snap on a field goal.  He's a young QB with no help. At his start, Ben had an outstanding running game, threw the ball only 10 - 15 times per game, and had the league's best defense.

Yeah MR doesn't look that great, but he's getting almost no help. It sucked seeing him throw to two practice squad guys.

Somethings got to happen or MR is going to get killed. You're right he can't throw the ball with AV,or Fieler in his face because they got pushed back that far.He doesn't slide well in the pocket to buy time. Who will take Pouncey's place next 3 games? Finney?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 8:22 pm

jak341 wrote:

Oof.

Browns fans have the collective IQ of a pet rock, I wouldn't put stock into anything that comes out of their filthy pieholes. Idiots acting like they won the Super Bowl when it was a regular season football game and we've owned their sorry, bottom-dwelling franchise for years.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 10:30 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Oof.

Browns fans have the collective IQ of a pet rock, I wouldn't put stock into anything that comes out of their filthy pieholes. Idiots acting like they won the Super Bowl when it was a regular season football game and we've owned their sorry, bottom-dwelling franchise for years.

Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension 2573146105 Great post Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension 230572241

They need to realize they still unlikely to finish .500 and even if they do the playoffs everybody (including them) predicted won't happen. Steelers played with a non existent running game, all good WRs out, and still it was a 14-7 in cleveland going into the last minutes. Looking forward to the rematch. I'm trying to get tickets.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 4:51 am

MR will be fined. The amount to be determined but likely hefty:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001077016/article/mason-rudolph-will-be-fined-for-role-in-tnf-brawl
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 9:54 am

Myles Garrett is close to banned for life for me. I think he comes away cheap with his punishment if he gets reinstated after the season. If I were the league I would tell him that this is his last chance and that he ever does something dirty again he's out for good.

I understand the Pouncey suspension, but I believe a one game ban would be more appropriate knowing that he just stood up for Rudolph.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Deleted tweet from Mack Wilson yesterday, fucking disgusting.

Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EJcC3GOXkAoOOkl?format=png&name=900x900
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 1:19 pm

AB makes one good tweet, and Steelers fans are begging for his return. Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
AB makes one good tweet, and Steelers fans are begging for his return. Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension 1505004552

I was out this morning at a local store and actually heard 2 guys arguing about whether the Steelers should pursue AB. I didn't offer my opinion but it was interesting to listen to as I walked by.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Desperation creats wild fantasizing...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Deleted tweet from Mack Wilson yesterday, fucking disgusting.

Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EJcC3GOXkAoOOkl?format=png&name=900x900

Maybe the next Vonteze Burfict? And we wanted to draft this turd. I'm glad it didn't work out.
What kind of leader can this douche-bag possibly be?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 2:08 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I was out this morning at a local store and actually heard 2 guys arguing about whether the Steelers should pursue AB. I didn't offer my opinion but it was interesting to listen to as I walked by.
Not me....
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Garrett now saying that Mason used a facial slur. I can't say I'm surprised at that angle being used (true or not) as I think Garrett is grasping at straws to try and justify his actions and make money.

Based on what I saw on NFL Live, the Steelers and the Browns were both surprised to hear that as it was news to them.

Wouldn't you think that Garrett would say something to one of his teammates about that happening?

PostSubject: Re: Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension   Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension Empty

Back to top Go down

Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next