Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen's best game Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben's best game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Ben's best game Empty
PostSubject: Ben's best game   Ben's best game EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 am

This from the free game pass:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/game/colts-at-steelers-on-10262014

If not his best what game was?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Ben's best game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's best game   Ben's best game EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 am

I think Ben's best game was Super Bowl 43. From a statistical standpoint an argument can be made for that Colts game where he threw 6 Touchdowns and could've easily thrown more. That's being said, that throw to Santonio Holmes in the back corner of the endzone to win the game, at the highest level, with literally everything on the line... That was as clutch as clutch gets. The throw had to be right on the money, and Ben delivered it. Santonio deserves a lot of credit for that catch of course, but Ben put it right on the money. So to me, that's his best game.

I'm also a huge fan of that playoff game against the Manning-lead Colts where Ben made a season-saving tackle. He didn't put up monster stats, but if not for that tackle we'd have one less Lombardi sitting in our trophy case.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Ben's best game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's best game   Ben's best game EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:17 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think Ben's best game was Super Bowl 43. From a statistical standpoint an argument can be made for that Colts game where he threw 6 Touchdowns and could've easily thrown more. That's being said, that throw to Santonio Holmes in the back corner of the endzone to win the game, at the highest level, with literally everything on the line... That was as clutch as clutch gets. The throw had to be right on the money, and Ben delivered it. Santonio deserves a lot of credit for that catch of course, but Ben put it right on the money. So to me, that's his best game.

I'm also a huge fan of that playoff game against the Manning-lead Colts where Ben made a season-saving tackle. He didn't put up monster stats, but if not for that tackle we'd have one less Lombardi sitting in our trophy case.

Both really good games. The SB win was great.The tackle was epic. In that game against Luck it was really fun to watch so it's one of my favorites for that reason. If Ben comes back and his arm strength is anything like that we may find ourselves in the thick of it all.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Ben's best game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's best game   Ben's best game EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:17 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Both really good games. The SB win was great.The tackle was epic. In that game against Luck it was really fun to watch so it's one of my favorites for that reason. If Ben comes back and his arm strength is anything like that we may find ourselves in the thick of it all.

According to Ben it's the best he's felt in years, that's scary considering he threw for 5,000yds his last full season. Might still have some left in the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Ben's best game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's best game   Ben's best game EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:50 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

According to Ben it's the best he's felt in years, that's scary considering he threw for 5,000yds his last full season. Might still have some left in the tank.

I heard that. Steve Young said "can you imagine throwing for the first time in a couple years with no pain?"A few of us thought his arm was going. Maybe we were wrong and he's got a couple more productive seasons left. That would be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ben's best game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's best game   Ben's best game Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben's best game
Page 1 of 1