Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeyour free agent grades Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

your free agent grades

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

your free agent grades Empty
PostSubject: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 2:11 am

lets see how you grade the new free agents and why ? plus who else do you think they should go after.

Dereck Watt - B+...Watt not only is probably a better full back than Rosie ( nothing against Rosie) ...he also fills the special team hole left by matakevitch...plus this might make TJ want to get a deal done faster....would be an A but i think the steelers paid a bit much.

Stefen Wisniewski - B- ...he fills a need and was cheap , but the guy has been a backup half his career. hopefully he will just be depth.

Eric Ebron - B...for being such a high pick this guy is a serious underachiever IMO. he has had just two "OK" years. his target / catches percentage isnt to good. he has played with 2 decent QB's in stafford and Luck so you would think he would have been a bit more consistent. he also has character red flags and has aired his grievances to the media. obviously the receiving talent is there, but he is not known for his blocking. hopefull this will be his breakout year

Chris Wormley - B ... he IS NOT a replacement for hargrave. but i think he is a good choice to rotate with Tuitt and Heyward. he is still a very young guy and hasnt hit his ceiling yet.

player i would like to see signed - Jameis Winston...sure he has character issues. but if the steelers can get him for QB  backup money on a one year deal. they should. can anyone see rudolf throwing for 5k yards and 33 tds ? sure he threw 30 picks in Arians pass happy system. the talent is there if they can get him to protect the ball a bit better. give the guy a one year deal with the opportunity to take over when Ben leaves if he can stay out of trouble and practice hard.

EDIT...forgot about Wormley

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 am

I don't get why everybody is saying that Wisniewski is injured a lot. He missed exactly 10 games in 9 years (with the first 5 games last year, but he was starting all play-off games for the Chiefs). His contract is also very cheap, a bit more than $2M for 2 years because he wanted to play for his hometown.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stefenwisniewski/2495250/profile
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I don't get why everybody is saying that Wisniewski is injured a lot. He missed exactly 10 games in 9 years (with the first 5 games last year, but he was starting all play-off games for the Chiefs). His contract is also very cheap, a bit more than $2M for 2 years because he wanted to play for his hometown.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stefenwisniewski/2495250/profile
you are correct. i remember him from college, but haven't followed his NFL career. i just looked at his stats and seen his starts were very low. so why is it once he left the raiders he couldnt crack a starting lineup ? your free agent grades 190127080
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:25 am

Like you I haven't followed his career, but he started all play-off games for the Chiefs and for the Eagles during their SB runs so he will be decent at least. I think he's a high quality back-up guard and center at a very low cost. That's why I like this signing the most.

I don't like the Ebron signing, because I don't like the player. I'm a bit divided on the Derek Watt signing. He's ok but his contract is too high imo.

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Like you I haven't followed his career, but he started all play-off games for the Chiefs and for the Eagles during their SB runs so he will be decent at least. I think he's a high quality back-up guard and center at a very low cost. That's why I like this signing the most.

I don't like the Ebron signing, because I don't like the player. I'm a bit divided on the Derek Watt signing. He's ok but his contract is too high imo.

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

I'm thinking maybe TJ will take less to play along side one of his brothers.Also his health has been better than Rosie's. I think Ebron could be like the Lagarrette Blount signing and we all know how that turned out. Wisniewski is a good signing because we didn't have a backup center if for no other reason.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

i've highlighted the important words. are we not in need of a starter ? his last two teams viewed has as just a backup. we need a starter. i'm not saying it is impossible that he can't or won't  play at a starter level, but most of these recycled guys usually dont make high quality 16 game starters for a reason. other wise he wouldnt be on his 4th team already  at his price and age . i mean the back up guy he replaced, BJ Finney, left for more money and to be a starter...just saying... your free agent grades 2087824411

damn...i forgot to add wormley to the list... your free agent grades 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

i've highlighted the important words. are we not in need of a starter ? his last two teams viewed has as just a backup. we need a starter. i'm not saying it is impossible that he can't or won't  play at a starter level, but most of these recycled guys usually dont make high quality 16 game starters for a reason. other wise he wouldnt be on his 4th team already  at his price and age . i mean the back up guy he replaced, BJ Finney, left for more money and to be a starter...just saying... your free agent grades 2087824411

I still want us to draft an OL in round 2 to be a starter, but now we at least have someone reliable to fill in if there's no one of interest available in the 2nd round. We didn't have the money to keep Finney and I believe there's little difference between Finney and Wisniewski. Finney is younger, but Wisniewski has a lot of experience which might help Ben more.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

I still want us to draft an OL in round 2 to be a starter, but now we at least have someone reliable to fill in if there's no one of interest available in the 2nd round. We didn't have the money to keep Finney and I believe there's little difference between Finney and Wisniewski. Finney is younger, but Wisniewski has a lot of experience which might help Ben more.

i dont understand what the problem is with this guy. from what i read he performed admirably when he has been called upon . your free agent grades 2829330259

if zack banner shows he can hold down RT. they may kick Fieler over to left guard anyway and keep Wis as a backup for center and Guard. then look for tackle depth in the draft.  your free agent grades 2087824411
it looks like a pretty good class for OT. at least for RT.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 7:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

i dont understand what the problem is with this guy. from what i read he performed admirably when he has been called upon . your free agent grades 2829330259

if zack banner shows he can hold down RT. they may kick Fieler over to left guard anyway and keep Wis as a backup for center and Guard. then look for tackle depth in the draft.  your free agent grades 2087824411

The biggest problem for me right now is LT. What if AV goes down? We lack a viable back-up imo.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

The biggest problem for me right now is LT. What if AV goes down? We lack a viable back-up imo.

You're right. Plus AV had a rough year and he's 32 gonna be 33 in Sept. We need his replacement soon.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

a viable backup ? not sure. but then again who was a viable backup last year ? chuks okorafor ? i think the OC might want to add a bunch of 3 step drop plays to the play book. your free agent grades 2087824411
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 11:18 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

My grades would be:
Wisniewski A-
Watt B
Ebron C

a viable backup ? not sure. but then again who was a viable backup last year ? chuks okorafor ? i think the OC might want to add a bunch of 3 step drop plays to the play book. your free agent grades 2087824411

Or Bubble Screens. your free agent grades 3798349058
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 pm

won't help this season but next off season the Steelers need to trade for/draft/sign a franchise LT.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:59 pm

I would give B's to all the signings. I think Ebron has the potential to go either way but more leaning to he turns into a productive player for us. Wormley and Wisniewski should be good additions to the DL and OL mix. Not sure on WAtt...glad we got him but I'm just wondering if they use the FB more in the running game now. He should be solid on ST too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Winston signed either.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
I would give B's to all the signings. I think Ebron has the potential to go either way but more leaning to he turns into a productive player for us. Wormley and Wisniewski should be good additions to the DL and OL mix. Not sure on WAtt...glad we got him but I'm just wondering if they use the FB more in the running game now. He should be solid on ST too.  

I wouldn't mind seeing Winston signed either.

i hope they are not paying watt that kind of money to use him as just a blocker on a handful of running plays per game. they need to be more creative on formation and the way they use guys. remember back in the day when fullbacks used to get carries and they lineup in I formation ? or when Hbacks were a thing ?

your free agent grades Splitb10
your free agent grades I-form10
your free agent grades Offset10
your free agent grades Under_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: your free agent grades   your free agent grades Empty

Back to top Go down

your free agent grades
Page 1 of 1