Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTrade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Trade Deadline 2020

Go down 
+9
Lokki
stlrtruck
Great Randino
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
kirklandrules
effyou515
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 8:48 am

My only issue with this trade is that he will be a FA after this season. So unless we sign him to an extension, we gave up a draft pick for half of a year.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 8:50 am

Strangely, I thought Spillane played well in the passing game. I thought he didn't do well against the run. Often he was swallowed up by offensive linemen. He needs to see that handoff, see the hole and beat the o-lineman to the point of attack. I like the kid and experience can help him react quicker at the NFL level, but Williams gives the Steelers this ability today. I like the pick-up and in typical Steelers style, they get a quality guy on the cheap and have an opportunity to build a relationship that could result in a longer term deal in the offseason. To Eff's point, we might end up with Bush and Williams playing ILB next season (not that I have an issue with the current "Williams" on the team).

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 12:10 pm

I like the move. I still think one more may be in order. Perhaps some veteran depth on the D line.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 1:29 pm

🤔

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Quote from Williamson at Post Gazette:

Quote :
New Steelers ILB Avery Williamson just went live on his way to the airport: “I need me a Super Bowl, Pittsburgh. I couldn’t even sleep last night. I’m hype. I’m a baller, now. I’m ready to go hit shit, man. I can’t wait to be part of this defense. We’re gonna go crazy, man.”

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 8:00 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Strangely, I thought Spillane played well in the passing game. I thought he didn't do well against the run. Often he was swallowed up by offensive linemen. He needs to see that handoff, see the hole and beat the o-lineman to the point of attack. I like the kid and experience can help him react quicker at the NFL level, but Williams gives the Steelers this ability today. I like the pick-up and in typical Steelers style, they get a quality guy on the cheap and have an opportunity to build a relationship that could result in a longer term deal in the offseason. To Eff's point, we might end up with Bush and Williams playing ILB next season (not that I have an issue with the current "Williams" on the team).
williams is likely just a rental for this year. the salary cap could be reduced by as much as 22 million next year. they are going to have to fill in some positions with cheaper options. giving players raises is going to be difficult with so many contracts expiring this year. even spillane will be hard to keep now that he has a good resume.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 9:45 pm

Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 Captur11

Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 1664291743 ....remember when players used to want to play in NY ? with all that big market money

even Trevor lawrence is now talking about returning to college to avoid the jets... Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Lokki wrote:
My only issue with this trade is that he will be a FA after this season.  So unless we sign him to an extension, we gave up a draft pick for half of a year.  
It' really a statement that the time is NOW. Gunning for the Super Bowl This Year.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 3:22 am

Solid depth move bringing on Williamson. Will probably be able to step in for some snaps here and there as well to help Spillane get a bit of a breather. Might even be able to play Williamson a little bit at Vince Williams spot to spell him as well. I like the move because behind Williams and Spillane the depth is pretty thin.

My biggest concern after the Ravens game is Tyson Alualu's injury. Sounds like Heyward will be OK, but Alualu has been an absolute force at NT this season and the run defense was noticeably worse after he was injured. Need to get him healed up and I'm thinking NT will be a big need in the 2021 draft.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:29 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Solid depth move bringing on Williamson. Will probably be able to step in for some snaps here and there as well to help Spillane get a bit of a breather. Might even be able to play Williamson a little bit at Vince Williams spot to spell him as well. I like the move because behind Williams and Spillane the depth is pretty thin.

My biggest concern after the Ravens game is Tyson Alualu's injury. Sounds like Heyward will be OK, but Alualu has been an absolute force at NT this season and the run defense was noticeably worse after he was injured. Need to get him healed up and I'm thinking NT will be a big need in the 2021 draft.

I'm wondering if Williamson ends up starting and Spillane goes back to the #2 LB slot. If he's better at stopping the run maybe this happens. For the record I like what Spillane has done so far. I agree about Alualu but I think Buggs improves with game experience while Alualu recovers.Buggs is a NT tackle who can push Olineman back into the QB. If he can build on that and plug up the middle he just might be our future and once again for the record I like Alualu. I think because of the cap next year we may be looking at a serious turnover in talent so we better win it all this year. Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 3798349058
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:49 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I'm wondering if Williamson ends up starting and Spillane goes back to the #2 LB slot. If he's better at stopping the run maybe this happens. For the record I like what Spillane has done so far. I agree about Alualu but I think Buggs improves with game experience while Alualu recovers.Buggs is a NT tackle who can push Olineman back into the QB. If he can build on that and plug up the middle he just might be our future and once again for the record I like Alualu. I think because of the cap next year we may be looking at a serious turnover in talent so we better win it all this year. Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 3798349058

The way Spillane is playing, I think it's his job. Unless his play suddenly falls off, I think everything we've seen from him so far has earned him that starting spot. Williamson is a good LBer but not having been on our team and not knowing the schemes and the calls... I highly doubt he comes in and takes over the starting role. I think the team went out and snagged him up because they needed quality depth. I think they'll bring him along and he'll see his fair share of snaps but I don't think he'll be the starter unless Spillane or VW get hurt.

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:55 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

as Buggs improved as the Ravens game went on a share of the work load between Alualu and Buggs to wear down a opposing OC through out a game.

l don't know much about Williams
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:59 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

The way Spillane is playing, I think it's his job. Unless his play suddenly falls off, I think everything we've seen from him so far has earned him that starting spot. Williamson is a good LBer but not having been on our team and not knowing the schemes and the calls... I highly doubt he comes in and takes over the starting role. I think the team went out and snagged him up because they needed quality depth. I think they'll bring him along and he'll see his fair share of snaps but I don't think he'll be the starter unless Spillane or VW get hurt.

would be nice to see Williams get some snap to help keep the defense fresh through out a game.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 6:02 am

effyou515 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

would be nice to see Williams get some snap to help keep the defense fresh through out a game.

Williamson is a pretty good linebacker with a nose for the football. Good run defender, he is able to quickly diagnose and isn't afraid to get into the mix and clog up running lanes. I think he could flourish in our scheme given the opportunity. He did well in NY despite a lack of talent around him. So I think it's logical to assume he'd be a better player with our level of defensive talent being so much higher overall.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 7:02 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

After reading a little more about Williamson (I should have done this first) I agree Spillane will have to tank. I think Williamson is just insurance for this season. I'm sure he can help by spelling VW and Spillane but I don't think he's taking either job away.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 7:29 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

After reading a little more about Williamson (I should have done this first) I agree Spillane will have to tank. I think Williamson is just insurance for this season. I'm sure he can help by spelling VW and Spillane but I don't think he's taking either job away.

Definitely be interesting to see how they end up using him, I think he's going to get some snaps. They like to use guys in a rotation to keep legs fresh on defense. We see that a lot with the d-line and OLB's in particular. With Williamson's experience as a starter, and with him being a veteran of the game I think he'll definitely see his fair share in the rotation with Spillane and VW.

Add in the fact that this dude is literally ecstatic to be coming here from a garbage franchise like the Jets... Gotta get the man some snaps and see what he can do.

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Trade deadline is done. Full list. Former Steeler BJ Finney went to Cincinnati.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-trade-deadline-grades-handing-out-grades-for-every-deal-including-kwon-alexander-and-desmond-king/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 7:35 pm

dude has a nice highlight tape .. for sure not shy to lay the wood and looks to be pretty athletic.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 7:47 pm

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/gm-report/pittsburgh-steelers-add-avery-williamson

Quote :
Coverage linebacker? Perhaps not. Williamson has allowed 25 catches on 27 targets with a completion percentage of 92%. In comparison, Devin Bush allowed 14 completions on 22 targets, with a completion percentage of 63%.

It's extremely difficult to compare Williamson (or most other linebackers) to Bush, simply due to Bush's rare athleticism at the position. Williamson is better suited (or limited, depending on what vocabulary you like) to stopping the run. Prior to his ACL tear in 2019, Williamson held the sixth-most run stops (154) since entering the league in 2014.

Should Williamson make good of his early role, his potential may lead to more opportunity down the road, especially if Spillane either declines in play or another starter is forced to miss time. Although struggling in pass coverage, perhaps a change of scenery and schematics may do Williamson some good.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 7:42 am

Did anyone see his insta? Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 1797695198

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHE4pOhsDiN/

Master_Of_Puppets and effyou515 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline 2020   Trade Deadline 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade Deadline 2020
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2