Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homesteelers vs cowboys Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

steelers vs cowboys

Go down 
+7
jak341
Great Randino
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

steelers vs cowboys Empty
PostSubject: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 5:51 am

www.steelers.com/news/week-9-injury-report-cowboys

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 9

Wednesday, November 4
QB Ben Roethlisberger (NIR) - DNP
CB Mike Hilton (Shoulder) - Limited
S Jordan Dangerfield (Quadriceps) - Full
C Maurkice Pouncey (NIR) - DNP
OL Stefan Wisniewski (Pectoral) - DNP
DE Tyson Alualu (Knee) - DNP
DE Isaiah Buggs (Ankle) - Limited
DE Cameron Heyward (Quadriceps) - Full

Dallas Cowboys Participation/Injury Report, Week 9

Wednesday, November 4
RB Ezekiel Elliott (Hamstring) - Limited
P Chris Jones (Adbomen) - DNP
DE Aldon Smith (Knee) - Limited

steelers vs cowboys 312503953

See the source image

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 7:38 am

Good to see Cam a full participant. Hopefully some of these other guys get up to full speed.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 7:48 am

This doesn't have to be a trap game like in the past. We should treat this as a must. Every game we play going forward should be treated this way until we're so far ahead of the rats that all they see is our butts.

Ball control is the key. Set the tone early by running to set up the passing game. I think Tomlin will rest some guys and give some backups game time experience. Not necessarily from the start but as the game progresses and we impose our will. On the surface this should be an easy win but only if we don't approach it as a game where we just need to show up. If Elliott plays we need to stifle him from the start. Force them to beat us with whoever is throwing the ball for them. Based on Tomlin's history in these types of games I still worry that he may be looking past this game. I hope that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 10:14 am

yes l'm with you stuff the Cowboys running game, blitz running plays blitz pass plays then blitz some more steelers vs cowboys 1797695198 max pressure on the Cowboys offensive back field.

Steelers offense work the ball down the field with short pass and running game to burn time off the clock and going deep when it opens up.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 3:40 pm

steelers vs cowboys 8e837ce35a1535c0e50a3831e561ef01-texans-memes-dallas-cowboys-memes

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Sub .500 team with a 4th string QB and the Steelers history playing against sub .500 teams has got me terrified!!!😂
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 2:28 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
steelers vs cowboys 8e837ce35a1535c0e50a3831e561ef01-texans-memes-dallas-cowboys-memes

steelers vs cowboys 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 7:35 am

Dulac at Post Gazette picking Steelers to win 33-7 and Ravens lose 24-23. Could really give us a big division lead if it holds out.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/11/05/nfl-week-9-picks-predictions-steelers-cowboys-seahawks-bills-bears-titans-dolphins-cardinals/stories/202011050109

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 9:20 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Dulac at Post Gazette picking Steelers to win 33-7 and Ravens lose 24-23. Could really give us a big division lead if it holds out.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/11/05/nfl-week-9-picks-predictions-steelers-cowboys-seahawks-bills-bears-titans-dolphins-cardinals/stories/202011050109

That would be awesome.The Colts are also 5-2 and playing pretty good. I'd love to see them put a spanking on the
Ratbirds. steelers vs cowboys 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Next couple of games are far more worrisome than the last couple of games. We tend to play well against good teams and poorly against bad teams. Hope we break that trend, but the next couple of games have me on edge.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Next couple of games are far more worrisome than the last couple of games.  We tend to play well against good teams and poorly against bad teams.  Hope we break that trend, but the next couple of games have me on edge.

It'll be alright. That trend ended this year. I believe last year left a real bad taste and hopefully Tomlin learned from it. He really is a great coach unless the get beat Sunday. steelers vs cowboys 1797695198

Seriously COTY material this year.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Next couple of games are far more worrisome than the last couple of games.  We tend to play well against good teams and poorly against bad teams.  Hope we break that trend, but the next couple of games have me on edge.

It'll be alright. That trend ended this year. I believe last year left a real bad taste and hopefully Tomlin learned from it. He really is a great coach unless the get beat Sunday. steelers vs cowboys 1797695198

Seriously COTY material this year.

He's already top of the list in the conversation. It's still way early but a 1 or 2 loss season probably gets it for him.

I'm not too worried about Dallas but feel a little more likely a let down loss to Cincy or Jax. I really don't feel like either will happen, I think we get to 10-0, but if I were nervous about any of the next 3 it would be those 2. It doesn't seem like Bills are as tough a team as they were. I think the biggest tests will be rats 2 and Colts.

Really hoping for a rats loss this weekend. Be cool to be 3 up plus tiebreaker at the halfway point.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Better watch out for Cincy! They have been in every one of thier games besides the one against the Ravens. Their record does not reflect how scrappy they are.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 8:05 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Better watch out for Cincy! They have been in every one of thier games besides the one against the Ravens. Their record does not reflect how scrappy they are.

steelers vs cowboys 3964572787 ....Burrow looks like the real McCoy...not that fake as Coltin McCoy.. steelers vs cowboys 1797695198

he has a shitty Oline and is the 2nd most sacked QB right now
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 7:55 am

Never forget.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/06/cowboys-obviously-regret-taking-taco-charlton-over-t-j-watt/
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 2:18 pm

I think Burrow is a good player and will get better. On a good day for him and bad day/let down game for us, he could pull an upset. But I am dubious of any player that goes to Cincy or Cleveland. They had Palmer for all those years, had other good players, put together some good records, never won a playoff game. We beat them in Cincy as a Wild Card on the way to #5.

Mayfield was supposed to be the 2nd coming in Cleveland, he looked really good at times early on, 3 years in he seems more average to above average than elite. After we thumped Cleveland early this year the media didn't want to give Steelers any credit and kept falling back on they only have Mayfield at QB. These were the same guys that made him out to be Joe Montana.

I really believe it is the ownership that breeds success. I'm not making a case for Tomlin and Hall of Fame. But, if you compare his record to Cowher, he's actually ahead of Cowher's pace right now. That would be 3 head coaches in a row. It doesn't seem likely they got that lucky with 3 coaches over 50 years. I believe winning is nurtured at the top. It comes down from the ownership. At this point I think the Steelers still have that and the Ohio teams do not.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Some moves before game. Wisniewski and Edmunds (the FB) cut.

https://www.wpxi.com/sports/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/steelers-add-newly-acquired-lb-williamson-cut-wisniewski/35KLDMZCGNFKLEABZ7ATFXAMTM/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 11:26 am

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30272140/source-dallas-cowboys-start-qb-garrett-gilbert-vs-pittsburgh-steelers

Source: Dallas Cowboys to start QB Garrett Gilbert vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote :
FRISCO, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys plan to start Garrett Gilbert at quarterback Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Gilbert and Cooper Rush went through something of a competition during the week of practice, although Gilbert took most of the first-team snaps.

Gilbert, who was signed off the Cleveland Browns' practice squad on Oct. 12, will be making his first NFL start and his first start of any kind since playing for the Orlando Apollos of the defunct Alliance of American Football in 2019. He entered the league in 2014 with the St. Louis Rams and has spent time with the New England Patriots*, Oakland Raiders, Carolina Panthers and Browns.

would like to see around 5 sacks and a bunch of pressure from the Steelers defense to day, offense around 30 points scored on the Cowboys defense.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 11:35 am

https://insidethestar.com/ezekiel-elliott-looks-good-at-workout-has-chance-to-play-vs-steelers/

Ezekiel Elliott Looks Good at Workout, has Chance to Play vs Steelers

Quote :
Ezekiel Elliott has been dealing with a hamstring issue that he suffered in the Dallas Cowboys 23-9 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles last Sunday. Initial reports said the Cowboys were preparing to be without Elliott which would give second-year Running Back Tony Pollard the nod as the starter.

shut down whoever is the RB.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 4:30 pm

pound that ball
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 4:32 pm

How was that not PI? Dallas's CB grabbed Claypool and slowed him down. Claypool was a step short to the catch'
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 4:51 pm

I'm not sure what that offensive series was.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 4:53 pm

Fichtner already earned a goat
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 4:53 pm

playing too conservative.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 4:59 pm

These dudes look like they are lolly-gagging and half-assin it to me. Wake up or you're going to lose to an awful team.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys Empty

Back to top Go down

steelers vs cowboys
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next