Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homesteelers vs cowboys - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

steelers vs cowboys

Go down 
+7
jak341
Great Randino
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 7:59 pm

running backs didnt even average 2.5 yards per attempt....sad considering every other team ran all over them. i think the browns had over 300 against them.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 8:02 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
shout out to barry for averaging 50.8 yds a punt....his vacation did him good  steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 1797695198

I already gave him a gameball last week. His first punt was off then, but he nailed it afterwards. A major upgrade from Colquitt if he can keeps this up. The rest of our ST was abismal though, Danny Smith living up to his reputation.
ummmmm...59 yard field goal ? longest in steeler history and dispells the myth that bos dont have the leg for the over 50's ... steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 1890901109

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 8:05 pm

1st half Steelers running the ball up the middle pass over the middle when the short / medium outside passing game was open all game long.

quit trying to establishing the running game with all those good WRs and TE throw the ball to opposing defenses holes use the running game to keep them off balance.

can't take these last second win steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 1797695198 but l like a win any way it happens. steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 792589548
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Why in the fuck did they not kick a FG there? What the fuck were they thinking?!

Tony explained that. All our FG's and XP's were blocked or almost blocked, didn't want to risk it. I would have kicked it though.

yea l could see that field goal being blocked and returned for a TD the way the game was going at that moment.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 8:13 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I know we won ugly today, but the Chiefs just did the same. It's what good teams do these days. You can't play your best game every week in today's NFL, but man I wish we would have an easy win for once.
but the chiefs wasnt playing against a qb nobody has ever heard of... No
winning by the skin of your teeth against bad teams just doesnt instill confidence . if you look at the season so far as a whole, the chiefs , at least in my opinion, just looks like the better team. at the begining of the year we were all like steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 512807920 DEFENSE....now we cant even rely on them to come through so much.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 8:18 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Why in the fuck did they not kick a FG there? What the fuck were they thinking?!

Tony explained that. All our FG's and XP's were blocked or almost blocked, didn't want to risk it. I would have kicked it though.

yea l could see that field goal being blocked and returned for a TD the way the game was going at that moment.
not only that the coverage teams blew a big one...i dont have a problem with going for it, i just have a problem with the play calls of that drive. all game long they did nothing for me to think they were going to pick that first down up by running it. especially trying to run outside the tackles with connor.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 9:18 pm

Tomlin holds on to those time outs like they are fucking gold sometimes and it drives me fuckin nuts...

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 12:00 am

2 weeks in a row now where Conner didn't get a 3rd and 1 for us to run out the clock. Then the D needed to defend a last play of the game pass to the endzone.

8-0 is awesome, but I hate seeing undefeated being this difficult to maintain against a lowly opponent. Hoping they got the let down game out of the way today.

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 12:03 am

effyou515 wrote:
1st half Steelers running the ball up the middle pass over the middle when the short / medium outside passing game was open all game long.

quit trying to establishing the running game with all those good WRs and TE throw the ball to opposing defenses holes use the running game to keep them off balance.

can't take these last second win steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 1797695198 but l like a win any way it happens. steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 792589548

I'll agree with you steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 230572241 one big thing we can say this year is they are finding ways to win. It's not always pretty but they are making the plays to pull these games out when they need them.

8-0 is awesome steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 1948569602

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 12:20 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
2 weeks in a row now where Conner didn't get a 3rd and 1 for us to run out the clock. Then the D needed to defend a last play of the game pass to the endzone.

8-0 is awesome, but I hate seeing undefeated being this difficult to maintain against a lowly opponent. Hoping they got the let down game out of the way today.

indeed..they cant rely on other teams to help you beat them. turnovers and penalties are the reason for these last 2 wins. that one little smack on bens face mask gave them this game. steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 190127080 i mean seriously, does anyone think if they punted to dallas they would have forced a 3 and out, got the ball back and drove down the field for a TD ? possible...but given the way both units played today i say very unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 12:22 am

This is the NFL, anyone can beat anyone. You're never overly more talented than anyone.

Reaching 8-0 is great. Its hard to do. And the lowly teams are often the hardest ones to beat (especially for our Steelers).
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 2:06 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

indeed..they cant rely on other teams to help you beat them. turnovers and penalties are the reason for these last 2 wins. that one little smack on bens face mask gave them this game. steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 190127080 i mean seriously, does anyone think if they punted to dallas they would have forced a 3 and out, got the ball back and drove down the field for a TD ? possible...but given the way both units played today i say very unlikely.

Agreed. I was in full rant after they missed on 3rd down because it felt likely that was it. That penalty seemed to come late....the announcer was even saying there are no penalties on the play. He no sooner finished saying that when the flag came up on the screen. That's sort of been the thing this season...they are opportunistic. They got another chance there and made it count.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 am

Great Randino wrote:
This is the NFL, anyone can beat anyone.  You're never overly more talented than anyone.

Reaching 8-0 is great.  Its hard to do.  And the lowly teams are often the hardest ones to beat (especially for our Steelers).
thats true to an extent...but the only way a 1-9 team beats a 9-1 team is if the 9-1 team plays like dog shit. sure luck plays a role...both good and bad. like today if that guys hand doesnt smack Ben across the face we probably lose this game. i dont think the guy did it intentionally. he was being pushed by a blocker and thats the way his body contorted ..good luck for us, bad for them .. steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 1797695198
the cowboys were giving up 170 yards a game on average...until today. why didnt we run for 170 yards ? we have seen the line play well enough at times and have 100 yd rushers...not today because the Oline  played like dog shit against Dlinemen who have been beaten like red headed step children by 6 or 7 other teams.

i just want to see some consistency from this team ...at this point i would settle for consistency through 4 quarters then think about multiple games consistency. so far this season they seem to only give 2 quarters of good effort per game.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 am

Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I still think we should have kicked it.

I will tell this. If we go into this next game playing like we did yesterday we will come out the other end 8-1. We're going to have to get to Burrow early and often or he will pick us apart down the middle. And if we let them run to set up the pass you can forget it.

It's obvious we miss Bush but not as much as Alualu. I really thought Buggs would be able to clog up running lanes but that hasn't happened and it's biting us in the ass right now.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 10:47 am

Gameballs:
Not as many as you would think for a win, but here we go. Some people will be on both lists too.

• Ben. 29/42. 306 yards. 3 TDs. Stats look good.
  • JuJu 6 for 93 and 1 hard fought TD.
  • Fitzpatrick. That INT was insane, and the breakup at the end of the game. Could it be that Fitz is shaking off some rust or a slump?

Goats:

• Ben. Too many off target passes. Arm strength seems to be there. Accuracy isn't.
  • Claypool. Too many drops.
  • Special Teams. Way to many breakdowns. Especially Cannady. 3 times he was completely beat off the line, and two of two of them led to blocks.
  • Run game. A 9 for 22 yards from Conner just doesn't cut it as a 1st string RB. We're seeing typical Conner. Has some good performances, but just can't sustain the success and disappears.
  • O line. Not the best game last night. No holes to run through, and pressure was getting to Ben. Since Dallas was running stacked front to stop the run, I would expect that running is harder to come by.
  • Game plans. That was one of the worst called games I've seen this year. I have no idea what the offense was doing in the 1st half. I am assuming much of it has to do with the inability to run the football against a bad Dallas defense. Dallas made the adjust though: the '85 Bears Defense. Somewhere else had to open up, and we couldn't find it. I'll say it again: Butler's soft zone defense is getting chewed apart. Unless we are getting consistent pressure from the rush, it will get shredded by average QBs.
  • Not enough pressure from Watt and Dupree. Nuff said.

In general though, there are some larger concerns I am seeing.

• When this team gets shut down on offense, it gets shut down. There simply is no middle ground. We're either moving the ball for a score, or 3 and out.
  • The soft zone is getting gouged. Opponents WRs are getting catches easily. They just go to the zone, stop, and wait for the ball. Too easy. It works when we are getting pressure on the opposing QB. If we don't, 4th string QBs post career days.
  • On the other side, two words: combat catches. Seems much to often our WRs have to battle CBs in their pocket for the ball.
  • The offense, while effective, just looks bland at times. Particularly, I am thinking about that same draw handoff to Conner. It is a slow developing play to start with, and more in line with a Lev. Bell type RB. Ben hands the ball of, Bell scans the line looks for the slightest opening, and hits that gap. Only special running backs can do that [make no mistake, Bell in his prime here was something to behold]. Conner isn't that guy. Conner seems more of a hand off, go to the gap you planned and push through it.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 12:01 am

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-attempted-terrell-owens-celebration-vs-cowboys-shut-down-by-antwaun-woods/

Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster attempted Terrell Owens celebration vs. Cowboys, shut down by Antwaun Woods

Quote :
wide receiver grabbed a pass from Ben Roethlisberger at the start of the final session and maneuvered his way past two defenders to score his lone touchdown on the day and shrink the Steelers deficit to just four points. He'd then pop up immediately and make a beeline to midfield, having plans to mimic the well-known Terrell Owens celebration in 2000 -- when Owens ran to the Star logo and posed before being leveled by safety George Teague -- but Smith-Schuster's plan was interrupted when defensive end Randy Gregory slapped the ball out of his hands.

Still determined, the Smith-Schuster picked up the ball and began sprinting to midfield anyway, only to see defensive lineman Antwaun Woods patrolling, waiting for him to give it a shot. A former teammate of Woods at USC, Smith-Schuster ultimately decided against his original plan -- having admitted after the game that mirroring Owens is exactly what he was setting up to do.

Bush league move!!! the NFL have given players all kinds of freedoms to celebrate but to run to mid field to celebrate on a opposing teams home logo is a lack of respect on so many levels. l'm betting if juju watched an opposing team player celebrate on the Steelers home mid field logo he wouldn't be to happy about it.

hope he's not slowly turning into a AB type of player
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 8:17 am

Breaking down the break down of the defense. Same as what has been said: soft zone, LBs on WRs, and too much emphasis on stopping the run.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/11/film-room-keith-butlers-personnel-problems-return/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steelers vs cowboys   steelers vs cowboys - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

steelers vs cowboys
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6