Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeravens vs steelers - Page 13 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ravens vs steelers

Go down 
+12
SteelerFreak58
kirklandrules
Wallace108
Shalieve5090
stlrtruck
Master_Of_Puppets
jak341
Stella Nation
LambertWardSteel
solardave
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

ravens vs steelers - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 3:39 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Bens int....see if you can spot an open receiver .. ravens vs steelers - Page 13 1645253483

ravens vs steelers - Page 13 Pick_110
ravens vs steelers - Page 13 Pick_210

Ben get locked to the back of the endzone in that area of the field.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 3:45 am

effyou515 wrote:

I think if he had looked to his left quicker he may have been able to hit Watt over the middle but in that particular frame you can clearly see Ben isn't yet looking that way. By the time he progresses through his reads to his left those guys were all pretty much covered up.

This isn't the first time Ben has tossed an INT in the endzone this season that was totally unnecessary. I love Ben, he's an all-time great, and future hall of famer. It's always been his style to extend the play, and to try and make something out of nothing. That being said I think he should've thrown it away on this particular play and taken the 3 points.

It wasn't Ben's best game by any means, but overall that was the only glaring mistake I think I saw him make all game. Otherwise he really was pretty spot on on most of his throws and the receivers were the ones that really let him down. There was one play that stood out in particular to me where Ben threw one back shoulder to Washington in the endzone. It was a beautifully thrown, and well timed ball and Ben put it right where only Washington could make a play on it. Washington simply didn't make the play. I thought that drop in particular hurt us quite a bit, though I'll give Washington a pass for catching that ball between three defenders towards the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Generic moves made.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/steelers-hosting-3-players-for-tryouts-including-former-penn-state-edge-shareef-miller/
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 9:55 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I think if he had looked to his left quicker he may have been able to hit Watt over the middle but in that particular frame you can clearly see Ben isn't yet looking that way. By the time he progresses through his reads to his left those guys were all pretty much covered up.

This isn't the first time Ben has tossed an INT in the endzone this season that was totally unnecessary. I love Ben, he's an all-time great, and future hall of famer. It's always been his style to extend the play, and to try and make something out of nothing. That being said I think he should've thrown it away on this particular play and taken the 3 points.

It wasn't Ben's best game by any means, but overall that was the only glaring mistake I think I saw him make all game. Otherwise he really was pretty spot on on most of his throws and the receivers were the ones that really let him down. There was one play that stood out in particular to me where Ben threw one back shoulder to Washington in the endzone. It was a beautifully thrown, and well timed ball and Ben put it right where only Washington could make a play on it. Washington simply didn't make the play. I thought that drop in particular hurt us quite a bit, though I'll give Washington a pass for catching that ball between three defenders towards the end of the game.

Agreed. Of all of Ben's endzone INTs this season, this one bothered me the least. 4th down, his progression did not result in identifying an open receiver, he tried to extend the play by moving, when he ran out of time, he tried to loft it up and give one of his guys a chance. Worst case scenario, it's a pick-6, but that wasn't likely. Best case, the pass is incomplete and the Ravens get the ball on the 3 yard line.

The INT didn't bother me, the play call did. I suspect it was designed for the one receiver on the right to break open quickly and when that didn't happen, you have Watt and Snell in a cramped enzone ... ravens vs steelers - Page 13 2744185472
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ravens vs steelers   ravens vs steelers - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

ravens vs steelers
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13