Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF

Go down 
+2
solardave
jak341
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF Empty
PostSubject: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 9:24 pm

This is happening!

Last edited by jak341 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 10:14 pm

And more.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 3:28 am

They all deserve to be there. If you go back and check Steeler's history you'll find out just how much Bill Nunn shaped the transformation to some of the greatest teams we ever had. Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 12:12 pm

if there was a steelers mt rushmore , nunn would have to be on it. it is a bit sad that he hasnt really gotten recognition for his role not only in transforming the steelers but the entire NFL. i have been a steelers and a football fan since the 70's and had no idea who this guy was until recently.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 12:51 pm

For clarity: Troy, Shell, and Cowher were inducted last year. The formal ceremony is happening this fall.

I was confused on that, and the Kaboly Tweet didn't help.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 5:28 pm

keep on adding to the Steelers wing.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 5:51 pm

effyou515 wrote:
keep on adding to the Steelers wing.

Oh, yeah Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF 1948569602

Shell was last year, of course, but I am so glad he is finally in. I loved watching him when I was a kid. He always seem to come out of nowhere for an INT right when it was needed and he had thunder and lightning in his hits. He also always seems to be one of the nicest guys you could meet.

By my count there are now 10 players from that 70s team as well as Noll. 10 players is one short of half the 22 starting players. What an incredible team. We need for Greenwood to be there next.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 11:24 pm

RIP to LC, a shame how many we've lost from that era.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 3:41 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if there was a steelers mt rushmore , nunn would have to be on it. it is a bit sad that he hasnt really gotten recognition for his role not only in transforming the steelers but the entire NFL. i have been a steelers and a football fan since the 70's and had no idea who this guy was until recently.

Look up the story about how they got Stallworth. It's epic.Nunn truly was an unsung hero.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 12:17 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Look up the story about how they got Stallworth. It's epic.Nunn truly was an unsung hero.
i've seen that. like i said i didnt know who the guy was until just a few months ago when i seen his name mentioned. i guess it was for being nominated. i googled his name and read up on him and was shocked after what i read that his name wasn't mentioned along side names like art rooney , chuck noll, and joe green , as the pioneers of the steelers dynasty. he may be the single most important character in steeler history.  without him there likely is no 4 superbowls in the 70's and without that amazing run there might not be a winning culture and attitude in pittsburg. .  Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF 2087824411
the guy should have a statue right beside art's at the facilities. no joke.

kirklandrules and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 6:04 am

My oldest bother is a trivia/stats guy. He's so good at it we (my older brother and I) started calling him Rainman. He was talking about Bill Nunn 20 years ago and what he did for the franchise. That's the only reason I know about him.

Master_Of_Puppets and kirklandrules like this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 8:04 am

Good article about when the next Steeler will be inducted, and we may be waiting a long time.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/with-faneca-nunn-now-hall-of-famers-roethlisberger-likely-steelers-next-thats-canton-bound/

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:15 am

the 1974 draft... HOFer Nunn in the Steelers draft and personnel rooms

the infusion of talent
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:27 am

effyou515 wrote:
the 1974 draft... HOFer Nunn in the Steelers draft and personnel rooms

add Donny Shell in the 74 HOFer class... 6 HOF players drafted in 74 and the Steelers drafted 5.

the infusion of talent

Swan, Stallworth, Lambert and Shell rookies just getting their start.

important time in Steelers history and Bill Dunn being a big part of it.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 8:40 am

More about Bill Nunn.

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-bill-nunn-the-journalist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF   Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF Empty

Back to top Go down

Nunn, Faneca, Shell, Cowher, and Polamalu for HoF
Page 1 of 1