Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers Empty
PostSubject: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 6:44 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/5-things-to-watch-in-steelers-preseason-finale-vs-panthers/

last time before they start to count.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 8:03 pm

I want to see if Dwayne can move the offense. So far, the answer is no. Hopefully the next drive goes better.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 10:15 pm

Carolina came out playing a lot of starters, we didn't. Looking at the stat sheet not much in the way of starters for us. Honestly not that impressed that Carolina is beating us considering Darnold got to come out and and pick on 2s and 3s for the first half. This game looks like Tomlin and his staff are trying to evaluate the younger guys more than anything.

Needless to say, I don't think Haskins has done enough to supplant Rudolph.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 10:49 pm

I agree with you, Iowa. Unfortunately Haskins showed why he was dropped in Washington. Not a good night for him.

I don't put too much stock in this game either - but Dobbs getting hurt was unfortunate for him (maybe). Could open the door for them to keep all 4 by putting him on IR.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 11:31 pm

that fumble sexton had probably helped make tomlins mind up about who the return man will be.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 1:03 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
that fumble  sexton had probably helped make tomlins mind up about who the return man will be.

Agreed. I had really been pulling for him to make the team but when he fumbled the punt it may have ended any competition there was between him and McCloud. I think Sexton was just desperate to make the most of any opportunity and made a risky decision. McCloud also led in receiving yards tonight. Maybe Sexton makes practice squad

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 2:23 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Carolina came out playing a lot of starters, we didn't. Looking at the stat sheet not much in the way of starters for us. Honestly not that impressed that Carolina is beating us considering Darnold got to come out and and pick on 2s and 3s for the first half. This game looks like Tomlin and his staff are trying to evaluate the younger guys more than anything.

Needless to say, I don't think Haskins has done enough to supplant Rudolph.

In the beginning I thought there might be a chance at Haskins moving to 2. But the way things have played out, not so much the way he played tonight, but more so how the coaches have used him and Rudolph in the preseason. I think that it is a solid Ben-Rudolph-Haskins going into the season. I read an article a Post Gazette about how they may be bringing Haskins along slowly, letting him gain more on the mental side of things, and also allow him to mature as a person and player. If Ben retires after this year there probably is a competition between Haskins and Rudolph to start if they do not sign a veteran free agent.

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Based on what I've seen, if Ben retires after this season, the Steelers need to draft his successor. That QB is NOT currently on the roster.

I like Dwayne but I don't believe he's that guy.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 4:17 pm

looks like its Ben the starter
Mason the back up
and Dobbs 3rd string.

well the Steelers did what they could do give Haskins an off season of coaching and training camp.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 5:34 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Based on what I've seen, if Ben retires after this season, the Steelers need to draft his successor.  That QB is NOT currently on the roster.

I like Dwayne but I don't believe he's that guy.

I agree drafting is always an option. Where we usually draft in the 20s and up it is hard to find a franchise type guy like Ben. I'm not saying it can't be done because there are a lot of good examples right now. It has been a long time since Steelers have drafted for a starting QB need. Hoping they will be as good there as they are with WR position.

PostSubject: Re: 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers   5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers Empty

Back to top Go down

5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers
Page 1 of 1