Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)

Go down 
+6
SteelerFreak58
kirklandrules
effyou515
Great Randino
solardave
IowaSteeler927
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 3:57 am

Going to be a tough match-up. Josh Allen looked sharp against the Packers. They have weapons offensively, and their defense isn't great, but isn't exactly bad either (I think they were 14th in overall defense last season).

We're going to have to be able to move the ball offensively to win this game, we can't struggle like we did in the last five games of last season. Offensively I think we're going to need to be balanced. This young and inexperienced offensive line is going to get tested. Having any kind of running game would be an improvement over last season, and I think we can't let this game turn into Ben having to throw the ball 50 times or we're going to be in trouble.

Defensively I think we need to get to Josh Allen and they will have to be very disciplined because Allen is a big dude, and if you don't get him on the ground, and if you lose contain he will burn you with his deceptive athleticism. Keep contain, get him on the ground for sacks, and hit him early and often to disrupt their passing attack. The Bills rushing attack still doesn't really scare me, but they have a lot of weapons at WR. TE isn't something I worry about too much with them, but their receivers include Stefon Diggs, Emmanuel Sanders, and Cole Beasley. They can beat you over the top with Diggs or Sanders. Sanders isn't afraid to catch the ball in the middle of the field, and neither is Beasley who is a very underrated player in my opinion. All three of these guys are polished route runners as well. Our secondary will need to be disciplined. If our pass rush is contained, coverage is going to need to be top notch or Allen will pick us apart.

Definitely going to be interesting come Sunday. I think if we can go into Buffalo and pull out a W on the road in that environment against a team that beat us last season, it'd be a statement win. If we lose, I still don't think it's the end of the world, it's Week 1 and we're going on the road to play against a team that by all accounts will be a playoff contender come the end of the regular season. If we can at least keep it close, I'd be happy with that but would much prefer a win (obviously  Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) 3121608646 ).

My prediction:

Steelers 27 Bills 24

Boswell closes out a hard fought W.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:20 am

Hell of a way to start the season in Buffalo. Allen IMO is in the top 5 QBs right now and his WRs are pretty good. If we can take away his long ball and stop their run game we can beat them. Harris needs to come out firing on all cylinders which means the O-line gets out there and lays some pancakes.
Our D needs to play really good. Allen is not a guy you want to blitz because if he slips a tackle he can run plus he can throw accurately on the run. Contain him and disrupt any rhythm he tries to establish. If we get sacks early we can rattle him.
Bottom line is we have to play almost flawless football in every faze of this this game. Few penalties,lots of pressure on Allen and be stout against the run.
Run the ball well and get to 3rd and short. We have the better WRs IMO so why not air it out a few times?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 6:25 am

solardave wrote:
Hell of a way to start the season in Buffalo. Allen IMO is in the top 5 QBs right now and his WRs are pretty good. If we can take away his long ball and stop their run game we can beat them. Harris needs to come out firing on all cylinders which means the O-line gets out there and lays some pancakes.
Our D needs to play really good. Allen is not a guy you want to blitz because if he slips a tackle he can run plus he can throw accurately on the run. Contain him and disrupt any rhythm he tries to establish. If we get sacks early we can rattle him.
Bottom line is we have to play almost flawless football in every faze of this  this game. Few penalties,lots of pressure on Allen and be stout against the run.
Run the ball well and get to 3rd and short. We have the better WRs IMO so why not air it out a few times?

I'd like to say we have the better receiving corps too but I can see the argument for the other side. Diggs is a stud. A bit of a diva, but a stud. Manny Sanders has been pretty good for quite awhile, injuries have kind of plagued him, but he's dynamic when he's fully healthy, and Beasley is about as good of a slot receiver as you could ask for. I think they're probably on our level at the very least and an argument could be made either direction as to whose receiving corps is better overall. I think I might give us the slight edge because of our TEs. Ebron and Freiermuth could be a pretty nice 1-2 punch. RB I think Harris is more dynamic than anyone Buffalo has, but he's a rookie, playing behind a very young o-line, and this is his first NFL Regular Season game experience.

Definitely going to be interesting come Sunday. Can't wait.

Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 1:40 pm

Canada's new offensive scheme is going to be put to a very stiff test. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I hope we see lots of shifts and multiple options on plays, like we've seen from his offenses before.

If I were betting, I couldn't bet on a Steelers W - starting 5 rookies in addition to taking on a Super Bowl contender on the road is a lot to overcome. But my heart is pulling for a Steelers win.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 6:14 pm

the Bills? forget about it!

Steelers offense gets out to a slow start defense keeps them in the game, quarter into the 3rd qtr Steelers offense takes off and don't look back.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 7:51 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Bottom line is we have to play almost flawless football in every faze of this  this game. Few penalties,lots of pressure on Allen and be stout against the run.

I'd like to say we have the better receiving corps too but I can see the argument for the other side. Diggs is a stud. A bit of a diva, but a stud. Manny Sanders has been pretty good for quite awhile, injuries have kind of plagued him, but he's dynamic when he's fully healthy, and Beasley is about as good of a slot receiver as you could ask for. I think they're probably on our level at the very least and an argument could be made either direction as to whose receiving corps is better overall. I think I might give us the slight edge because of our TEs. Ebron and Freiermuth could be a pretty nice 1-2 punch. RB I think Harris is more dynamic than anyone Buffalo has, but he's a rookie, playing behind a very young o-line, and this is his first NFL Regular Season game experience.

Definitely going to be interesting come Sunday. Can't wait.

Here's why I think we have better WRs. Johnson has to prove he can catch everything or else he ends up in Tomlin's DH. Claypool is better than Diggs. Beasley is better than anyone playing the slot for us so I'll give them that. Washington is our wild card and I look for him to be a crucial contributor in this game. I also think Freiermuth comes out smokin' and Ben has a new security blanket.
I also think our defense is better but if we can't knock Allen off his game it won't matter. We need pressure resulting in mistakes or sacks,lots of sacks.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 12:26 pm

I think Diontae needs to prove it on the field, starting week one. If he can do that, I'd elevate him to a very high level.

Claypool is a monster receiver. Probably one of the best in the game.

Freiermuth is really going to turn heads. He's going to be a huge difference maker, ,and I would expect him to outshine Ebron right out of the gates.

As far as the Bills game, I look for Najee Harris to have a huge impact. If we can move the ball with Harris, it can open up some passing. But we're going to have to be able to run the ball in order to succeed offensively.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 2:24 pm

Agree with Randino's above post.

I think Harris is going to use this big game as a prove it opportunity. He's used to shining in big games and can bring a winning attitude/swagger to that run game. Also, although they are young, I want to see Moore and Dotson act like bullies in the run game. I think it was the Detroit preseason game when they were facing starting D-D-linemen, my gosh they were brutal. If Green and Moore play above the line for rookies, the Steelers have a real good shot at a win.

Defensively, Bush and Schobert are a major upgrade over Williams and Spillane. I'm sure some will disagree with this, but Witherspoon is an upgrade over last year's version of Nelson (I just didn't think Nelson played as well as what I was reading). Hate that Tuitt is struggling and Alualu appeared on yesterday's injury report. Highsmith has looked strong so far, so an upgrade of what we saw from him closing out last season. If Alualu is healthy, this defense should be better than last year's defense.

I say the Steelers come away with a win.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 6:21 am

I would like nothing more than to see Harris come out of the gate proving that picking him at #1 was a great decision and to see these rookie lineman as well as the veterans dominate at the point of attack. I do believe if we establish the run the air attack will take care of itself.
The defense needs to play with discipline, plug holes and cover WRs. If all this happens I think we can beat Buffalo.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 12:13 pm

I think a LOT is going to hinge on the offensive scheme that Canada has installed. From what I've seen, I liken it to Sun Tsu (Art of War) type of offense - giving players angles and advantages - and numbers advantages, over the opponent. If we can move the ball on the ground with this offense - which I am actually feeling really good about - then I think we can control the game and win.

They sprinkled in a little of the scheme here and there in the preseason, and when they did, they looked really good - especially running the ball. I was encouraged by that.

I also think Freiermuth (I'm going to have to start learning how to spell his name, or create a keyboard shortcut) is going to outshine Ebron right out of the gates.

Also very happy that Watt is signed long term. Love all the Watt boys, they are a great family. It'll help to not have the contract be a distraction.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Gonna come down to the play of the O-Line and Canadas ability to scheme.

Defense should be ok and keep Buffalo under 20. The O is gonna have to get it together quickly...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 8:02 am

I have a feeling this will be a high scoring game.

Steelers-33
Bills-28
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Horrible special teams right off the bat

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:08 pm

Great job D holding them to a field goal after that return!

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Highsmith gets tackled by the neck, no flag. 16yd gain.

Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Need to see more out of the Offense. D is doing a good job. Tons of pressure on Allen. Bills are holding on every play just to keep him upright.

Ben has missed some easy passes. He needs to get in gear.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Diontae hurt again. Big surprise. Mr made of glass
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
Diontae hurt again. Big surprise. Mr made of glass

I mean in his defense he's not the biggest guy and got smashed between two dudes.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Corner runs into Claypool, grabs his shoulder, and never looks for the ball... no flag. LoL

Offensive line needs to play better. The inexperience is showing.

Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:56 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Corner runs into Claypool, grabs his shoulder, and never looks for the ball... no flag. LoL

It's game 1 with a whole new line. Give it time
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

In all fairness to the line, if Ben had converted a few of those short easy passes he missed, they'd be looking better.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 2:02 pm

This offense is just as painful to watch as last season.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Terrible punt...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 2:04 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I know, they need time and experience. Going on the road to Buffalo is a brutal first game for these guys.

effyou515 and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 2:05 pm

TJ WATT

IowaSteeler927 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)   Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Bills Sunday Sept 12 (Pregame & Gameday Thread)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next