Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJuju possibly done for the year Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Juju possibly done for the year

Go down 
+6
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Lokki
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Shalieve5090
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Juju possibly done for the year Empty
PostSubject: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 am

Steelers are fearing he's done for the year. If so, I hope maybe Friermuth will see some more looks in the passing game
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 11:41 am

i feel bad for JuJu. tomlin and ben destroyed his financial future. the good news is, he will be cheap next year ... Juju possibly done for the year 3056903510
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 1:44 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i feel bad for JuJu. tomlin and ben destroyed his financial future. the good news is, he will be cheap next year ... Juju possibly done for the year 3056903510

I was thinking the same thing. Hoping he's not hurt long term, but it could keep him in Pittsburgh if his price isn't really high next offseason.

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 1:48 pm

It looks like surgery for dislocated shoulder and expected to miss 4 months....

Pittsburgh Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster to have surgery, expected to miss four months, source says

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32381551/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-juju-smith-schuster-surgery-expected-miss-four-months-source-says

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:10 pm

I think John Brown is still available, if they want to add a veteran. Washington needs to get healthy now.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:12 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
It looks like surgery for dislocated shoulder and expected to miss 4 months....

Pittsburgh Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster to have surgery, expected to miss four months, source says

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32381551/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-juju-smith-schuster-surgery-expected-miss-four-months-source-says

4 months IS the season. This sucks. I sure hope Johnson,Washington and Claypool play their asses off.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 8:10 am

Feel bad for Juju. Gives the team a hometeam discount to stay one more year when he could've gone and gotten paid more elsewhere. He is wasting his talent here right now, Ben is inconsistent and can't hit him when he's open and it's cost Juju some opportunities to not only help the team, but to build his resume so to speak.

Then to get injured with season ending injury that requires surgery... just sucks.

Big opportunity for James Washington though. I am rooting for him. JW has been a consummate professional despite competing for a limited number of snaps behind Juju, Claypool, and Johnson. I hope he lights it up.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 am

I think if he had it to do over he probably would have signed elsewhere and I can't blame him. I hope he heals fast and gets healthy. My knock on him is social media but he is a good guy and does a whole lot in the community. I hope the FO does offer him a decent contract next year so he can stay. I don't know if we have a WR on the roster who takes the team mentality to the level he does.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 pm

solardave wrote:
I think if he had it to do over he probably would have signed elsewhere and I can't blame him. I hope he heals fast and gets healthy. My knock on him is social media but he is a good guy and does a whole lot in the community. I hope the FO does offer him a decent contract next year so he can stay. I don't know if we have a WR on the roster who takes the team mentality to the level he does.
i agree to an extent. JUju is nice to have, but not a must have player. its kind of hard to gauge our receivers value because of inconsistent QB play the last few years. i mean the drops are on them, but they havent exactly been put in positions to succeed at times. i dont think JuJu has done enough to warrant a 10+ million a year deal.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 4:01 am

is it too crazy to think maybe the steelers have a hand shake contract with JuJu that he comes back in 2021 on the cheap and they hook him up in 2022 ?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
is it too crazy to think maybe the steelers have a hand shake contract with JuJu that he comes back in 2021 on the cheap and they hook him up in 2022 ?

CRAZY...CRAZY you wanna talk about crazy. Juju possibly done for the year 1797695198

You may be right. Just like I was about Dobbs being on the sideline. Juju possibly done for the year 2981382511
I'm just sayin'.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 am

solardave wrote:

I don't like the social media stuff either but it just may be the nature of the modern NFL beast. Beyond that I like the kind of player he is and hope that he will be here for a while. The injury probably makes him more affordable....and don't want that to sound wrong like capitalizing on his misfortune. Just saying that he probably goes cheaper than he would have.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 9:44 am

Juju has been a solid receiver. If Ben were more accurate he would have way better numbers last year and this year. His social media stuff is just that generations deal that I think we are gonna have to get used to.

Hopefully he comes back next year hungry and we pay him a decent salary to stay. From what MoP posted we sure the fuck don't have draft picks to burn on WRs next draft.... might as well keep a known hard working commodity.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 11:21 am

I would love to have Ju Ju back again next year. I don't see it happening but would love if he stayed. And yes to Freak's point (and MoP posted it first), we shouldn't be burning picks on WR's.

QB and line.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 5:44 am

Great Randino wrote:
I would love to have Ju Ju back again next year.  I don't see it happening but would love if he stayed.  And yes to Freak's point (and MoP posted it first), we shouldn't be burning picks on WR's.

QB and line.

Problem with drafting a QB this year is this isn't a deep draft for the QB position. To be honest the only guys I like are Matt Corral (Ole Miss), Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati), and Maliik Willis (Liberty). Outside of those three... maybe the Pitt QB Kenny Pickett.

And I wouldn't want to throw any of those guys into the fire right away either. There's not a prospect that jumps out to me right now as someone that could come in and start as a rookie.

Line is a definite. We need some big uglies that want to come in and dominate. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Tyler Linderbaum step up from the Hawks Black & Gold to the Steelers Black & Gold.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 1:29 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
I would love to have Ju Ju back again next year.  I don't see it happening but would love if he stayed.  And yes to Freak's point (and MoP posted it first), we shouldn't be burning picks on WR's.

QB and line.

Problem with drafting a QB this year is this isn't a deep draft for the QB position. To be honest the only guys I like are Matt Corral (Ole Miss), Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati), and Maliik Willis (Liberty). Outside of those three... maybe the Pitt QB Kenny Pickett.

And I wouldn't want to throw any of those guys into the fire right away either. There's not a prospect that jumps out to me right now as someone that could come in and start as a rookie.

Line is a definite. We need some big uglies that want to come in and dominate. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Tyler Linderbaum step up from the Hawks Black & Gold to the Steelers Black & Gold.
i ate some peyote and contacted the spirit world. the steelers will not be taking a QB in the 1st round in 2022. the spirits say it would be foolish to throw a rookie behind this shit oline. plus the spirits say the bust potential of this class is very high. the spirits say take the best Olinemen available

Juju possibly done for the year When-peyote-have-where-there-american-flags-everywhere-memes-9c4ae6ba27756d07-b5fcf1fa374428eb
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 pm

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1448453503182016512?s=20
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 4:56 pm

JUJU he's here next year or he's not here next year Steelers life will go on.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

QB and line.

i ate some peyote and contacted the spirit world. the steelers will not be taking a QB in the 1st round in 2022. the spirits say it would be foolish to throw a rookie behind this shit oline. plus the spirits say the bust potential of this class is very high. the spirits say take the best Olinemen available

Juju possibly done for the year When-peyote-have-where-there-american-flags-everywhere-memes-9c4ae6ba27756d07-b5fcf1fa374428eb

I say let's draft O-line the first 5 picks. Who needs a QB anyway? Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 12:10 am

i think 2 out of the first 3 anyway. im not saying they wont take a QB. i just dont think it will be in the 1st. i think by the end of the college season there wont be many with a 1st round grade. i think their plan is to roll with mason for 2022.
i'll tell you what position group REALLY sucks for this class. Dline. my theory was thats why they went for loudermilk the way they did. they looked ahead and felt they better grab DE while they can. if davis or buggs dont step up their run defense game soon and look like legit replacement for alualu , they could be in trouble. they need that immovable fatass over center. their run defense hasnt been dominate since hampton retired. the north teams are built to run the ball.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 3:53 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

QB and line.

Juju possibly done for the year 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 9:58 am

You may be right regarding QB. Time will tell. But if you're not picking one in Round 1, why pick one at all? After Ben you've still got three. Just roll with them and hope for the best.

Personally, I hope some QB's emerge, because this could be our down year and chance to get one. But we shouldn't reach for one if first rounders aren't out there.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 11:00 am

Watching this Malik Willis kid from Liberty I kind of like him. Looks like a playmaker.

Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 2:26 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Watching this Malik Willis kid from Liberty I kind of like him. Looks like a playmaker.
I've seen some good things about him as well.

What do you think about Desmond Ridder? I'm watching UC's game right now. He's pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Great Randino wrote:
You may be right regarding QB.  Time will tell.  But if you're not picking one in Round 1, why pick one at all?  After Ben you've still got three.  Just roll with them and hope for the best.

Personally, I hope some QB's emerge, because this could be our down year and chance to get one.  But we shouldn't reach for one if first rounders aren't out there.

why ? russell wilson and dak prescot,  thats why.   Juju possibly done for the year 903924208
some of these guys arent living up to the preseason expectations. down years happen. dan marino had a terrible senior season. threw more picks than TD's.
no risk ...no reward
fortune favors the bold.
you gotta swing at the pitch to know if you will hit the ball or not ( i just made that one up .. Juju possibly done for the year 1797695198 )

seriously...rudolf, dobbs, and to a lesser degree, haskins have all had time to at least show strong promise to be a potential franchise QB. im sure by now you all know my thoughts on adding new blood to the roster. Juju possibly done for the year 469886443 QB being the most cerebral position i would give a little more time but they should still be on a timer.

if guys like ridder , pickett, or even carson strong  dont make the 1st, i still think you gotta take a chance in the 2nd, 3rd, or where ever you have them graded without reaching.
at the very least you add a new backup to the roster to discover his ceiling. i think we have already seen rudolf and dobbs ceiling .
i read an article suggesting Picketts rise in play is do to having more talent around him this year. better blocking, better run game, better receivers. a rising tide lifts all boats.

its still early in the college season. teams are just finishing up the cupcake parts of their schedules. opinions and rankings  are bound to change over the next 4-8 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juju possibly done for the year   Juju possibly done for the year Empty

Back to top Go down

Juju possibly done for the year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next