Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrowns @ Steelers MNF Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Browns @ Steelers MNF

Go down 
+6
Lokki
solardave
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
Great Randino
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Browns @ Steelers MNF Empty
PostSubject: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 9:36 pm

This is a Domination so far.

And for once, we're the one dominating.

Why is it that the Browns, with their high ranked running offense, can't run on our Steelers, with the 30th ranked running defense?

And why we can run on them?

Guess we just have their number.

Scottish Steeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:16 pm

God were so terrible. Every damn 3rd down, 3 yard short pass that goes nowhere. Why?!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:37 pm

Okorafor is garbage he just whiffed on Clowney didn't even touch him and got Ben squashed...
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:38 pm

Just whiffed on the next block and let Clowney into the backfield to stop Harris...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:58 pm

How about Najee putting the team on his back? 140 yards or something.

Line on both sides though is taking it to the Browns. Nice to see.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Why can't this defense play like this consistently week to week?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 11:03 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
Why can't this defense play like this consistently week to week?
Ha ha because we don't get to play the Browns every week.

vasteeler and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 11:09 pm

Sometimes you gotta enjoy games when you can. This has b been an enjoyable game to watch. Steelers came to play.

Najee is crushing it. TJ has 3 sacks. Ben is - well, he's managing the game. A satisfying final appearance for Ben.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 11:18 pm

DAMN this is fun!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 11:51 pm

Browns @ Steelers MNF Giphy

So freaking happy they got the W for Ben. 18yrs he's given to this team and us fans. Two Super Bowl Victories and utterly dominant against our divisional rivals.

Years ago a co-worker asked me if I could have Ben or Aaron Rodgers who I'd take. I told him Ben because he was the kind of QB you need in Pittsburgh. I stand by that still.

Thank you #7! We love ya!

Browns @ Steelers MNF 2287965686

vasteeler and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Browns @ Steelers MNF Giphy

So freaking happy they got the W for Ben. 18yrs he's given to this team and us fans. Two Super Bowl Victories and utterly dominant against our divisional rivals.

Years ago a co-worker asked me if I could have Ben or Aaron Rodgers who I'd take. I told him Ben because he was the kind of QB you need in Pittsburgh. I stand by that still.

Thank you #7! We love ya!

Browns @ Steelers MNF 2287965686

AMEN, I couldn't have said it better.

Thank you Big Ben for 18 great years! Steeler Nation appreciates all you've done for us!

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 12:13 am

I was 13 years old when they drafted Ben. Man it's been a fun 18 years. Not looking forward to what the future holds but I sure hope they find someone who's even half the QB and leader #7 was. Ben making a lap around the stadium got me I'll admit it. Thanks for the memories Ben
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 12:59 am

I will take another Bradshaw 4 rings in 6 years... loved Ben but Bradshaw brought home the rings!
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:30 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I will take another Bradshaw 4 rings in 6 years... loved Ben but Bradshaw brought home the rings!

Bradshaw didn't have an inept coach like Ben has had or Ben could probably have at least 2 more rings at least
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:59 am

Speaking of which, congrats to Mike Tomlin on another non-losing season.

Having the first 15 consecutive non-losing seasons to start a career is an all-time NFL record, as he passes Schottenheimer. Outstanding accomplishment especially in the free agency-salary cap era.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 6:39 am

Great Randino wrote:

Having the first 15 consecutive non-losing seasons to start a career is an all-time NFL record, as he passes Schottenheimer.  Outstanding accomplishment especially in the free agency-salary cap era.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we lose to the Ravens we'll be 8-8-1. Wouldn't the tie make it a losing season by definition?
Having said this I would love for us to go to Rat city and beat them on their turf.

I lost the stream in the 3rd so can anyone tell me what was Najee's longest run of the night?
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:31 am

solardave wrote:

I lost the stream in the 3rd so can anyone tell me what was Najee's longest run of the night?

This one to seal the win.. we just needed a 1st down, but he got that and more.  :)

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:35 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Bradshaw also benefitted from the greatest defense of all-time. I'd argue, just like Ben, Bradshaw's defense brought home the rings.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:35 am

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

Having the first 15 consecutive non-losing seasons to start a career is an all-time NFL record, as he passes Schottenheimer.  Outstanding accomplishment especially in the free agency-salary cap era.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we lose to the Ravens we'll be 8-8-1. Wouldn't the tie make it a losing season by definition?
Having said this I would love for us to go to Rat city and beat them on their turf.

37 yard game-sealing TD in the fourth off the RT.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 am

Outside of Ben I watched Maddox for two seasons in 2002 and 2003, so Ben is all I've really known at QB. It's tough seeing him go, but our defense will carry us for the next few seasons. Hopefully we'll have a competent game-manager at QB (not looking at you, Mason).

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:48 am

Thank you Ben!!!
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:54 am

Gameballs to TJ and Najee of course, who both had an outstanding game!
Bos clutch as always and Waitman is doing an awesome job as a replacement for Harvin III. I want to see them battle it out in camp next season when Harvin has recovered from the loss of his father.
Witherspoon is looking like a good trade the last month and Adams is a great addition.
It's telling that Spillane and Marcus Allen did a better job as starters than Bush and Schoebert.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 12:09 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

Actually no, 8-8, or 8-8-1 is not considered a losing record. I've read a few stories about Tomlin extending the streak to 15 years as well.

Kind of a joke that came back to haunt me, I posted a while ago on one of the threads after the Lions tie that the Steelers have found a way to go 8-8 and keep the streak alive. That one's come back to haunt me! Although we could still beat the Ravens next week too.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:25 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Gameballs to TJ and Najee of course, who both had an outstanding game!
Bos clutch as always and Waitman is doing an awesome job as a replacement for Harvin III. I want to see them battle it out in camp next season when Harvin has recovered from the loss of his father.
Witherspoon is looking like a good trade the last month and Adams is a great addition.
It's telling that Spillane and Marcus Allen did a better job as starters than Bush and Schoebert.

In defense of Bush and Schobert, Chubb averaged 4.8/carry, but only had 12 carries. WTH? One of the top rush teams in the NFL against one of the worst rush defenses and the Browns go all Air Coryell???

I'll put it this way: The Browns had no interest in this game other than not getting injured in a meaningless road game. They played like a handcuffed fighter.

Knowing this, it's hard to assess if the Steelers played well or not. I'll give Najee credit for his 188 yards rush, especially considering 181 yards came after 1st contact. That's crazy. I thought he cut really well and found space when there might not be much. I'd like to think the line blocked better, but again Najee was running through a lot of contact and the Browns looked flat. I watched Hassenauer closely and thought he did well. However, he did get decent double team help from the guards and I didn't see the 360 lbs DT that tended to sit across from Green. I want to think maybe Hassenauer made better calls (than Green), got the double teams he needed and still played gritty.

Watt is an animal and that defense played very well overall. Hope he gets the record.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:00 pm

And once again the truth is found

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns @ Steelers MNF   Browns @ Steelers MNF Empty

Back to top Go down

Browns @ Steelers MNF
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next