Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWilson working - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wilson working

Go down 
+3
Great Randino
solardave
SteelerFreak58
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Wilson working - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyTue May 21, 2024 2:15 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
Fields isn’t taking Wilson’s job this season. Best thing he can do is work hard,  throw away the VIP club card, be a good teammate  and be ready, (Wilson is 36).  

Yeah the only way I see Fields getting the job is Wilson getting hurt, or Wilson plays like absolute dog crap.

Steeler-in-west likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 1:32 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
Fields isn’t taking Wilson’s job this season. Best thing he can do is work hard,  throw away the VIP club card, be a good teammate  and be ready, (Wilson is 36).  

Yeah the only way I see Fields getting the job is Wilson getting hurt, or Wilson plays like absolute dog crap.

I agree but I also think at his age injury is more likely than him playing like Pickett. Wilson working - Page 4 1797695198

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 6:31 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

I agree but I also think at his age injury is more likely than him playing like Pickett. Wilson working - Page 4 1797695198
for as many sacks as wilson takes, he has been extremely durable. he has only missed 5 games in 12 years and 2 of those were non injury related.

IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 1:22 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

for as many sacks as wilson takes, he has been extremely durable. he has only missed 5 games in 12 years and 2 of those were non injury related.

I'm hoping he will have some pretty good protection. Maybe one of the better lines he's played behind. That'll help.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 11:47 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

I'm hoping he will have some pretty good protection. Maybe one of the better lines he's played behind. That'll help.
in wilsons case i dont think the oline was as big a problem as the style of football he plays. by that i mean he isnt getting sacked in the pocket as much as he gets sacked running around trying to make a play. there should be a distinction made in sack stats. its not fair to blame the oline when a QB holds the ball too long and had ample opportunity to throw it away. AKA- COVERAGE SACKS. if a QB gets 3 to 4 seconds to get the ball out, then they did their job.
Lamaar jackson is another example. half the sacks he takes are from him leaving the pocket and trying to play hero ball. sometimes it works, sometimes he gets dropped behind the line. is it fair to blame the line when he ran around for 5 seconds trying to avoid defenders ?

unless wilson has ALWAYS had a bad line in front of him, statistics back up my theory. as you can see. 10 out of his 12 years he has been in the top 5 most sacked. i dont expect that to change because i dont expect him to change his style of play. you aint teaching that old dog new tricks.   peyton manning averaged 17.8 sacks a year over 17 years. peyton didnt scramble. he threw the ball away when he felt the pressure. peyton was sacked 3.1% of his pass attempts. wilsons sack rate is 8.5%. for more context Ben was sacked 6.2% of the time and we know how bad some of his lines were, and we also know he rarely would throw the ball away.

2012 - 12th most sacked
2013 - 4th
2014 - 6th
2015 - tied for 3rd
2016 - tied for 2nd
2017 - 4th
2018 - tied for 3rd
2019 - tied for 1st
2020 - 3rd
2021 - 13th
2022 - tied for 1st
2023 - 4th

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 12:29 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

in wilsons case i dont think the oline was as big a problem as the style of football he plays. by that i mean he isnt getting sacked in the pocket as much as he gets sacked running around trying to make a play. there should be a distinction made in sack stats. its not fair to blame the oline when a QB holds the ball too long and had ample opportunity to throw it away. AKA- COVERAGE SACKS. if a QB gets 3 to 4 seconds to get the ball out, then they did their job.
Lamaar jackson is another example. half the sacks he takes are from him leaving the pocket and trying to play hero ball. sometimes it works, sometimes he gets dropped behind the line. is it fair to blame the line when he ran around for 5 seconds trying to avoid defenders ?

I didn't watch him play much. You're right it's not fair to blame the line unless they are as bad as ours has been. Especially at LT. My point would be if he gets his 3-4 seconds his only excuse would be that their defense was/is far superior. I can see some of us screaming for Fields to be starting if Wilson crash lands.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 12:40 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

I didn't watch him play much. You're right it's not fair to blame the line unless they are as bad as ours has been. Especially at LT. My point would be if he gets his 3-4 seconds his only excuse would be that their defense was/is far superior. I can see some of us screaming for Fields to be starting if Wilson crash lands.

i added more to my post to give my opinion more context. i'm just sayin Russ ball includes a lot of sacks between big plays and check downs. if steeler fans get frustrated with Russ ball, they really wont be impressed with the chicago version of fields . he also has taken a lot of sacks. infact he has a 12.4% sack rate the last 3 years along with 3.1% INT . so 15.5% of the time fields has dropped back to throw the ball has ended with frustrated fans. that doesnt even include fumbles which there are 38 in just 3 seasons. Wilson working - Page 4 294855916
Russ is also known to cough up the ball a good bit. 10 times last year and 103 times in his career.
hopefully the steeler version of Fields is a big upgrade.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 5:14 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

i added more to my post to give my opinion more context. i'm just sayin Russ ball includes a lot of sacks between big plays and check downs. if steeler fans get frustrated with Russ ball, they really wont be impressed with the chicago version of fields . he also has taken a lot of sacks. infact he has a 12.4% sack rate the last 3 years along with  3.1% INT . so 15.5% of the time fields has dropped back to throw the ball has ended with frustrated fans. that doesnt even include fumbles which there are 38 in just 3 seasons.  Wilson working - Page 4 294855916
Russ is also known to cough up the ball a good bit. 10 times last year and 103 times in his career.
hopefully the steeler version of Fields is a big upgrade.

SHIT!Bring back Mason Rudolph. Wilson working - Page 4 1797695198 At least he stayed in the pocket. Wilson working - Page 4 1505004552

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 09, 2024 7:49 pm

has any QB ever gotten a shittier deal to start their career than rudolf ? being drafted by tomlin was the worst case scenario for mason.
2 years of randy fichtner and 3 years of matt canada ? Wilson working - Page 4 1883569342 i couldnt think of a more malicious way to sabotage and demoralize a young QB. No

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 6:42 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
has any QB ever gotten a shittier deal to start their career than rudolf ? being drafted by tomlin was the worst case scenario for mason.
2 years of randy fichtner and 3 years of matt canada ? Wilson working - Page 4 1883569342 i couldnt think of a more malicious way to sabotage and demoralize a young QB. No

Right. His last few games with us earned respect from me. If given time in the pocket the dude can make throws. He's behind Levis now so he probably won't play much there either.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 7:37 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Right. His last few games with us earned respect from me. If given time in the pocket the dude can make throws. He's behind Levis now so he probably won't play much there either.

If Levis hasn't improved his pocket awareness he will get injured soon enough again I think.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 10:37 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

If Levis hasn't improved his pocket awareness he will get injured soon enough again I think.

Tennessee was the perfect place for Rudolf because an offense tailored for Levis will also work well for Rudolf. Levis is Rudolf 2.0 with upgraded arm strength. i believe i've read that tennessee lead the league in play action pass. couple that with shitty pass blocking and you get numerous sacks. they took OT, JC Latham with the 7th pick and hired a new OC.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilson working   Wilson working - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wilson working
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4