Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCam Sutton is back - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Cam Sutton is back

Go down 
+2
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2024 7:25 am

on the other side of the same coin you had 100 worthless RINO uniparty republicans  wasted no time in joining the democrats to expell george santos over allegations of misusing campaign funds , then the vacant seat was won by a democrat.  i mean talk about stacking the deck. Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 3029611895

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2024 8:22 pm

Lol politics...

It's eating a shit sandwich, you just get to pick what kind of bread you want and ALL of us get stuck taking a bite.

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave, IowaSteeler927 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 5:26 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Lol politics...

It's eating a shit sandwich, you just get to pick what kind of bread you want and ALL of us get stuck taking a bite.

Amen to that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 6:38 pm

Just got suspended for the first 8 games.

I didn't like this signing the minute we did it. Makes us look bad.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 3:57 am

Can't say I didn't see this coming, I just wonder if the front office had any inkling on whether or not there would be a suspension, and how long it would be if there was one.

I will say this, it's kind of ridiculous that the NFL can dole out punishment against players when they haven't been convicted. Not saying Sutton doesn't deserve a suspension by any means, but if he's still in the legal processes of this, it would seem to me that the NFL should wait until that's done. Also questionable, is it's only 8 games. Why are they so soft on alleged (or even proven/convicted) Domestic offenses and so hard on other offenses such as Gambling? Definitely not helping the narrative that the NFL is inconsistent in it's punishments for player's transgressions.

The fact the Steelers signed him had me leaning towards either a non-conviction or a minor suspension but with 8 games now on the table I wonder why they bothered signing him. Now it's just an unnecessary distraction for the rest of the team, and he won't even be able to play for the first eight games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 5:25 am

Why do they re-sign a guy who wasn't good enough to keep first time around. Especially when they know he'll be suspended or at the very least suspected he would be. This seems more like a Tomlin/Art II signing than a Khan move.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 7:15 am

solardave wrote:
Why do they re-sign a guy who wasn't good enough to keep first time around. Especially when they know he'll be suspended or at the very least suspected he would be. This seems more like a Tomlin/Art II  signing than a Khan move.

I don't know where you get that he wasn't good enough to keep. His last season with us he was terrific starter who earned a 71.6 pff grade. He was a FA and we couldn't keep him because the Lions offered him a 3 year $33M contract which we couldn't afford because of our cap situation. I didn't like his signing after the domestic violence incident but that's because of the off-field issues and not his play on the field. I know he had a bad season with the Lions last year but he knows our team well and has proven that he fits in our system. He also has the versatility to play on the outside and in the slot and played well for us on both positions.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Why do they re-sign a guy who wasn't good enough to keep first time around. Especially when they know he'll be suspended or at the very least suspected he would be. This seems more like a Tomlin/Art II  signing than a Khan move.

I don't know where you get that he wasn't good enough to keep. His last season with us he was terrific starter who earned a 71.6 pff grade. He was a FA and we couldn't keep him because the Lions offered him a 3 year $33M contract which we couldn't afford because of our cap situation. I didn't like his signing after the domestic violence incident but that's because of the off-field issues and not his play on the field. I know he had a bad season with the Lions last year but he knows our team well and has proven that he fits in our system. He also has the versatility to play on the outside and in the slot and played well for us on both positions.

I stand corrected on his level of play. I forgot about our cap situation then. I still think we should have passed on him and now he's gone for 8 games. The fact that he is in counseling says he did something. We don't need that BS.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 8:09 pm

you guys are looking at it all wrong. even with the suspension the steelers arent risking anything by owning his rights. he doesnt get paid while suspended, and doesnt count against the roster while suspended. the steelers have a week 9 bye so cam can start practicing with the team during the bye week giving the steelers a good look to decide if they want to keep him around.
plus have ya'll considered that maybe Cam just may be a big upgrade in the 2nd half of the season. Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 190127080

dont get me wrong, it pisses me off that the steelers and the NFL puts me in a position that compels me to root for a piece of shit human being who should be behind bars. it also pisses me off that his white privilege allows him to escape jail time.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 1:26 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
you guys are looking at it all wrong. even with the suspension the steelers arent risking anything by owning his rights. he doesnt get paid while suspended, and doesnt count against the roster while suspended. the steelers have a week 9 bye so cam can start practicing with the team during the bye week giving the steelers a good look to decide if they want to keep him around.
plus have ya'll considered that maybe Cam just may be a big upgrade in the 2nd half of the season. Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 190127080

dont get me wrong, it pisses me off that the steelers and the NFL puts me in a position that compels me to root for a piece of shit human being who should be behind bars. it also pisses me off that his white privilege allows him to escape jail time.

Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 2:07 pm

Meh if he plucks a pick 6 in a Playoff game all of you turds will love him again... Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 3562723908

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 9:52 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Meh if he plucks a pick 6 in a Playoff game all of you turds will love him again... Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 3562723908

Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 504488c2-e6d8-4352-8849-cf45a4fd9de0_text

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cam Sutton is back
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2