Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET

Go down 
+4
Great Randino
solardave
SteelerFreak58
IowaSteeler927
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 7:58 pm

This offense is killing us in the 2nd Half. Just put it on Fields, let him use his legs. Need to do something to generate some offense. Denver is just sitting down on the run.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 8:12 pm

This fucking team. Defense is falling apart and the offense is a fucking joke just like it was last year. We were moving the ball the first half, Denver made adjustments and we haven't done a damn thing since.

This is just aggravating to watch. Defense picks a great time to fall apart.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 8:24 pm

UGLY UGLY win.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 8:30 pm

Didn't watch today but it doesn't look like it was pretty. I hope Russ can help this offense because 1 td in 2 weeks against 2 ass teams is terrible
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 8:36 pm

Only the Steelers and my Hawkeyes can find ways to make wins feel like losses.

Fields is just a game manager. A poor man's Lamar Jackson. Given we have literally no receivers outside of Pickens, but he's not consistently making plays either. There's a reason the Bears got rid of him.

I am hoping Russ can get healthy and play, we need a guy that can read a defense and progress through his reads. Someone with more command.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 9:22 pm

Way way way too many drive killing penalties. Lots of slop. Fields made some good throws.

Broderick Jones is officially in Tomlins doghouse. He had one of the worst series I have ever seen from one of our linemen...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 9:30 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
Didn't watch today but it doesn't look like it was pretty. I hope Russ can help this offense because 1 td in 2 weeks against 2 ass teams is terrible

from the 1st half and the second half it was like watching 2 different teams in black n gold. the broncos made adjustments and the steelers didnt respond. it was a typical mike tomlin game. tomlin was so fuckin worried about running the clock out at the end of the first half he screwed the offense out of a chance to take a shot at the endzone. playing for a field goal when you have 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning is a losers mindset.
looks like i'm the odd ball this week not hating on fields. i dont think the pathetic offensive effort was on him. how many yards was subtracted from his and pickens stat sheet because of penalties ?

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wallace108, solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 9:38 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

from the 1st halk and the second half it was like watching 2 different teams in black n gold. the broncos made adjustments and the steelers didnt respond. it was a typical mike tomlin game. tomlin was so fuckin worried about running the clock out at the end of the first half he screwed the offense out of a chance to take a shot at the endzone. playing for a field goal when you have 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning is a losers mindset.

He has never been good at clock management. EVER.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 9:54 pm

Full disclosure: I've seen about 2 series of the entire game so far. I saw the drive where Broderick F'd up our drive and got benched. Then a few more after that, none after halftime.

So, looking forward to hopefully seeing the replay somewhere.

So my only comment thus far, other than the Broderick comment from earlier...

UGLY is what we do. I'm just glad we are beating these bad teams, we usually lose to them.

Also this: 2-0 baby! The ratbirds are 0-2, ha ha.

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave, Stella Nation and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 11:03 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

from the 1st halk and the second half it was like watching 2 different teams in black n gold. the broncos made adjustments and the steelers didnt respond. it was a typical mike tomlin game. tomlin was so fuckin worried about running the clock out at the end of the first half he screwed the offense out of a chance to take a shot at the endzone. playing for a field goal when you have 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning is a losers mindset.

i get wanting to leave as little time on the clock as possible, i just dont get not even considering that you might get close enough to the endzone where a TD is a possibility. what was it ? 30 seconds left before he used the 1st timeout ? hell he came damn close to not leaving time for a FG. Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 2913999526

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 11:10 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

i get wanting to leave as little time on the clock as possible, i just dont get not even considering that you might get close enough to the endzone where a TD is a possibility. what was it ? 30 seconds left before he used the 1st timeout ? hell he came damn close to not leaving time for a FG. Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 2913999526
I "half-saw" that series. Still royally pissed about that interference call on Van Jefferson. Fields and Pickens (and our team) deserved a TD there. If that happens, the stat line is not bad.

MoP, I gotta go watch that 2nd half now!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 11:42 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

I "half-saw" that series.  Still royally pissed about that interference call on Van Jefferson.  Fields and Pickens (and our team) deserved a TD there.  If that happens, the stat line is not bad.

what annoyed me most in the 2nd half was the steelers leaving the short middle wide open for easy completions. those 4 and 5 yd passes kept ending up being nice gains for denver.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 1:01 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

I "half-saw" that series.  Still royally pissed about that interference call on Van Jefferson.  Fields and Pickens (and our team) deserved a TD there.  If that happens, the stat line is not bad.

what annoyed me most in the 2nd half was the steelers leaving the short middle wide open for easy completions. those  4 and 5 yd passes kept ending up being nice gains for denver.

Alright, my man, I'm watching it now on replay, I'll have some comment once I've seen it.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 3:26 am

The second half became hard to watch - an ugly flag-fest.

Our offense disappeared in the 2nd half.  That's disappointing - we should be wearing out the opposition and run in the latter parts of the game.

I thought Fields looked pretty good.  A couple not great passes - but a lot more very good passes in very tight windows.

Steelers really do need somebody - anybody - to be able to get open.   Right now it's the George Pickens show.

And a word about George - he is amazing.  Really top shelf receiver.  Opponents know he's all we've got and yet he still gets open and makes plays.

Najee is really upped his game.  He looks good.  He's a motivated player looking to cash in after this season.

Jaylen looks like he's getting healthier.  That's definitely good to see.

More MUTH is good.  We could use even more of him.

This week we found the middle of the field.  Perhaps last week it was scheme.

Defence looks really good.  True that this was not an elite offense.  But they seem to gel very well.

Cory Trice is doing a really nice job back there.  Porter too, although he gets handsy and gives up some penalties here and there - but he rarely gives up big gains.  I'll take it, dude's a baller.

Happy to be 2-0.  The offense needs to keep progressing.  I still like Fields as the starter and I think he will start next week also - but I also wouldn't be surprised if Russell takes back over when he's healthy (IF he's ever healthy).  Unless we get the ball in the end zone more, that it.  Although, as I mentioned earlier, Fields would have had a couple more TD's this season if it weren't for extremely stupid calls that never should have been made.  He's played better than his stat line. And, as a side note: Fields is definitively better than Caleb Williams. I know it's early in Williams' career - but right now there's no comparison. Good job, Bears.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 10:19 am

Watching our O is like watching paint dry. Over the years, we are the most boring and predictable team in the league. Trading DJ without having a back-up plan was a big mistake by Khan. We're paying the price now. Let's hope Roman Wilson can step up, but we might ask too much of a rookie who hasn't played a single snap yet, not even in the preseason. Fields is meh, but he's been put in a poor situation so far and has made the best of it given his abilities. I still don't get it why they didn't resign Rudolph. He's the only QB we had the last 5 seasons who made our O watchable.

Tomlin is a good coach, otherwise you don't have winning seasons year after year, but he's become way too conservative and holds back the development of his players that way on the offensive side of the ball. We don't improve as a team under him anymore and are in a stalemate position for years now. I believe if we want to have play-off success in the future it's time to say goodbye to him even if that means we would have less wins the first two (or three) years after he's gone.

And Broderick Jones shouldn't see the field anymore this season and I believe he won't.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 3:09 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
it was a typical mike tomlin game. tomlin was so fuckin worried about running the clock out at the end of the first half he screwed the offense out of a chance to take a shot at the endzone. playing for a field goal when you have 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning is a losers mindset.

That's been my biggest complaint about Tomlin for many years ... playing to not lose instead of playing to win. For someone who always preaches about not living in your fears, he really does live in his fears too often.

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
looks like i'm the odd ball this week  not hating on fields. i dont think the pathetic offensive effort was on him. how many yards was subtracted from his and pickens stat sheet because of penalties ?

You're not alone. I thought Fields played well. Last week I thought he looked unconfident. This week, I saw confidence beginning to emerge, and the team is getting more confident in him as well. There were a few plays where he held onto the ball too long, but there's even a positive in that ... he's looking to throw first, not run first.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 12:23 am

I actually have to give some props to Dan Moore I went back and watched the game again and he did a really good job on pass protection.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 2:04 am

i missed a few minutes of the 1st quarter, so i didnt realize fautanu started the game and jones came in to "spell" him for the series he got benched. i knew troy was supposed to start so i was confused seeing jones in there collecting penalties.  WTF is that shit ? since when do linemen rotate in an out?
how does that benefit either player ? count that as another moronic tomlin decision  that cost the team. if troy is in there, those penalties likely dont happen , pickens and fields keep the 51 yds on the stat sheet ,and the drive continues in the redzone. Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 2625562446

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 4:31 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i missed a few minutes of the 1st quarter, so i didnt realize fautanu started the game and jones came in to "spell" him for the series he got benched. i knew troy was supposed to start so i was confused seeing jones in there collecting penalties.  WTF is that shit ? since when do linemen rotate in an out?
how does that benefit either player ? count that as another moronic tomlin decision  that cost the team. if troy is in there, those penalties likely dont happen , pickens and fields keep the 51 yds on the stat sheet ,and the drive continues in the redzone. Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 2625562446
Troy has been injured, so it could be a load management decision to ease him back in.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 5:51 am

PFF grades this week:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/09/steelers-vs-broncos-week-2-pff-grades-and-total-snaps/

James Daniels, Darnell Washington, Keeanu Benton and Cory Trice stick out and Dan Moore confirms.

Master_Of_Puppets and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 1:24 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
PFF grades this week:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/09/steelers-vs-broncos-week-2-pff-grades-and-total-snaps/

James Daniels, Darnell Washington, Keeanu Benton and Cory Trice stick out and Dan Moore confirms.

James Daniels had a hell of a game too.

I think Feilds did pretty good considering every time he made a big play it was called back on stupid penalties multiple times. He made some really great throws and he looked more comfortable then game 1.

Like what I am seeing out of Elliott, Jackson, and Trice all 3 new players stepping up big time.

Porter had a rough go of it in a few spots but he is taking on the #1s so he is going to have some rough spots.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET   Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos 09/15/24 3:25PM ET
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2