Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger Empty
PostSubject: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Seattle Seahawks defensive end Raheem Brock used his Twitter account to do two things on Wednesday:

1. Announce that he’s being fined by the NFL for his late hit on Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger during Sunday’s game.

2. Dispute that he should be fined by the NFL for his late hit on Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger during Sunday’s game.

Here’s what Brock tweeted about the fine:
“Fined by the NFL today for being “TRIPPED” by an o’lineman and fallin into the QB’s legs! Smh if I only had super powers to stop mid air”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2011/09/21/raheem-brock-says-he-was-fined-for-hit-on-ben-roethlisberger/
---------------------------------------------------

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Brock. It was a blatant trip by Gilbert.
Watch at about the 1:14 mark:

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 am

Wallace108 wrote:

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Brock. It was a blatant trip by Gilbert.

Since when have facts, common sense, and reality ever factored into one of Herr Goodell's decisions? Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger 2087824411

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:45 am

Sorry but if you watch his actions after he hits the ground, he lunges his body forward and instead of putting his hands on the ground to try and stop himself, he wraps Ben's legs up.

He didn't even try to stop.

Had he tried to stop, I might agree with him. Besides the jack ass makes enough money, pay the fine, and play football. Or better yet, come take my job you pansy ass.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:29 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Sorry but if you watch his actions after he hits the ground, he lunges his body forward and instead of putting his hands on the ground to try and stop himself, he wraps Ben's legs up.

He didn't even try to stop.

Had he tried to stop, I might agree with him. Besides the jack ass makes enough money, pay the fine, and play football. Or better yet, come take my job you pansy ass.
Brock hit Ben as he was falling. And the reason he was falling is because Gilbert tripped him. And he continued to try to make a play even as he was falling, but don't we love when Steelers players give that kind of effort?

It's similar to this play by Troy (had to borrow it from a user's sig at SF Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger 1797695198):

Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger Psig

In that clip, Troy gets hit and is falling ... but still tries to make the tackle.
In Brock's case, he gets by Gilbert and is running toward Ben. Then Gilbert trips him, and he falls toward Ben. And in trying to still make a play, he hits Ben's knee.

I have a feeling if that had been Keisel or Smith who got fined for the same thing, we'd be creaming bullshit and death to Goodell. Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger 1797695198

I don't have a problem with a player getting fined and even suspended if he purposely does something that could injure another player.

Take, for instance, what Charles Martin did to Jim McMahon:

But I don't think players should be fined for just trying to make a play. Even if it draws a flag, it shouldn't draw a fine. And in Brock's case, Gilbert should have been flagged for tripping and it should have been offsetting penalties.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 am

thats too funny! any time i am at SF and i see that sig i cant help but watch it a few times.......amazing play

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:24 pm

The difference is who is getting hit and where. Ben, being a QB, is not allowed to get hit below the knees unless he becomes a runner. Then he's fair game. When he's in the pocket, you're not allowed to hit him below the knees.

And NO I don't like it when our players do that to QBs (at least now that the rules have changed to protect Brady and Manning).

With Troy's play, he was going after a RB, therefore what he did was completely legal.

But then again, I think it might also be that I was finally happy to see a penalty go against someone else for a change.

Regardless he still deserved the fine!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:12 am

stlrtruck wrote:
The difference is who is getting hit and where. Ben, being a QB, is not allowed to get hit below the knees unless he becomes a runner. Then he's fair game. When he's in the pocket, you're not allowed to hit him below the knees. ...
With Troy's play, he was going after a RB, therefore what he did was completely legal.
I wasn't trying to compare Brock's hit with Troy's hit in terms of legality. I was just showing how a player can be knocked off target, if you will, and end up hitting a player where he didn't intend to. I'm not disagreeing that Brock's hit deserved a flag. But I don't think every flag deserves a fine. Only in instances where a player does something intentional should a fine be handed out. And I don't think Brock intended to go after Ben's knee. That's just where he ended up after getting tripped and continuing to go forward to make a play.

stlrtruck wrote:
And NO I don't like it when our players do that to QBs (at least now that the rules have changed to protect Brady and Manning).
I think this is at the heart of your argument ... as well as many others I've seen on other boards. We watched Harrison get fined multiple times last season while Ben took some BS hits that didn't even draw flags, much less fines. So I think Steelers fans are happy to see an opposing player get fined for hitting Ben. While it's a little more fair than what we saw happen last season in terms of fines, it doesn't make it right. Rather than taking comfort when other players (and fans) share in our misery, I think we should keep speaking out against these bullshit changes to the game we love and the unnecessary fines.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
The difference is who is getting hit and where. Ben, being a QB, is not allowed to get hit below the knees unless he becomes a runner. Then he's fair game. When he's in the pocket, you're not allowed to hit him below the knees. ...
I wasn't trying to compare Brock's hit with Troy's hit in terms of legality. I was just showing how a player can be knocked off target, if you will, and end up hitting a player where he didn't intend to. I'm not disagreeing that Brock's hit deserved a flag. But I don't think every flag deserves a fine. Only in instances where a player does something intentional should a fine be handed out. And I don't think Brock intended to go after Ben's knee. That's just where he ended up after getting tripped and continuing to go forward to make a play.

stlrtruck wrote:
I think this is at the heart of your argument ... as well as many others I've seen on other boards. We watched Harrison get fined multiple times last season while Ben took some BS hits that didn't even draw flags, much less fines. So I think Steelers fans are happy to see an opposing player get fined for hitting Ben. While it's a little more fair than what we saw happen last season in terms of fines, it doesn't make it right. Rather than taking comfort when other players (and fans) share in our misery, I think we should keep speaking out against these bullshit changes to the game we love and the unnecessary fines.

This BS will change when Der Kommish is no longer in the FO of the NFL.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:16 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
And that we can agree on.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
And that we can agree on.

Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger 1647293567 I knew you'd eventually see things my way! Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger 2573146105

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger   Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock says he was fined for hit on Roethlisberger
Page 1 of 1