Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now Empty
PostSubject: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now   Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:36 am

By Dejan Kovacevic, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Don't you know, I'm a 2000 man, and my kids, they just don't understand me at all."

Those lyrics for the classic "2000 Man," originally conceived by the Rolling Stones, famously covered by Kiss, might as well be pinned above Mike Wallace's stall in the Steelers' locker room.

He set his goal to be a 2,000-yard wide receiver this season.

And nobody seemed to grasp that the man was serious.

"Ha!" Wallace said after his seven catches spurred the 23-20 victory Sunday night over the Indianapolis Colts. "Doesn't seem like a joke anymore, does it?"

Not in the slightest, as one look atop the NFL's receiving charts illustrates: Wallace's 377 yards ranks No. 2 in the league to the 458 of New England's Wes Welker, only Wallace has achieved that in half as many catches (21) as Welker (42). Wallace's 18 yards per catch ranks No. 1. The 21 catches are tied for third. The 18 first-down catches rank No. 2. The five catches of 20-plus yards rank No. 5.

And that 2,000 thing?

He is on pace for a sweetly symmetrical 2,011 yards in the 2011 season.

"You know, this is just the start, man," Wallace said. "We're only three games into the season. Long way to go."

Read more: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758856.html#ixzz1Z8kO3ZAy

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now   Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 am

Just stay humbled, do your thing quietly, bring back another ring to Da 'Burgh, then be all cocky about 2,000 yards.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now   Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:47 am

I like it. it's to bad idiot like Collenworthless has to call game and make a comment like he is a top 5 receiver. The way he is playing this year he should be #1 in all books. Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 2335737994
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now   Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:52 pm

too bad he's not gonna be playing for us next year Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 2913999526

Last edited by fer69 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now   Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm

fer69 wrote:
too bad he's not gonna be playing for us Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 2913999526

Unfortunately, I think you may be right. No

Oh, and nice avatar blastfurness! It's nice to see you got one set up. Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 184121345

And since I never mentioned it before.... REAL nice avatar, fer! Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 1374986764

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now   Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:22 pm

[quote="Buddha Bus"]
fer69 wrote:

Oh, and nice avatar blastfurness! It's nice to see you got one set up. Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 184121345

And since I never mentioned it before.... REAL nice avatar, fer! Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 1374986764

Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now 2063091802
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now   Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1